New York County District Attorney's Office Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2019
I started as an intern and worked my my way up working in the IT helpdesk department working with ADAS. Although the work was fast paced we worked as a team to get it done.
Decent place to work
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
Good Work. Decent pay. Good benefits. No office morale or incentive. Computer oriented. I learned MS Office. Management has improved greatly over the years. They are no longer allowed to be downright disrespectful to there empoyees.
Amazing place to work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2018
If you want exceptional experience and to work with world class attorney's, then I highly recommend working at the New York County District Attorney's Office.
Best job ever!!
Paralegal, Intern Supervisor & Ombudsman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
This office was the best place I have ever worked. The motto was work hard play hard. Team building and office culture was great. The work was challenging but the rewards made it worth it.
A typical day at work...
Expeditor within the Early Case Assessment Bureau (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Fast paced environment, constant contact with the New York City police departments.
Checking defendants driving and criminal records were a few daily tasks.
Making determinations on all felony and misdemeanor arrests that takes place in the confines of Manhattan.
I also had to make sure that the cases are properly drafted by the assistants before going on to court for arraignment.
Constant interaction with the arraignment court parts, judges and clerks.
Working alongside the assistant District Attorneys to expedite cases for arraignment.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the disgruntled defendants, and also having to interview the victims of violent crimes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were helping to bring justice to some of the victims.
Pros
knowing most of the police officers and assistant District Attorneys in NY
Cons
Having to work on holidays.
Great experience.
Paralegal, Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Units (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
Great experience for those considering law school. You will be surrounded by inspirational colleagues and get to work on important matters. I would highly recommend working at DANY.
Temporarily position
Payroll Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
This was another temporary position, so I was only there for a few months but enjoyed working there... This was a good learning experience for me. When it comes to organizations skills.
Best employment experience ever
Trial Preparation Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
I loved working for the New York County District Attorney's Office. My colleagues were top drawer and always there to support one another in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment. Job satisfaction is through-the-roof.
Pros
Best Public Servant Office in NYC
Intern
Spanish Unit Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
Great Experience, you learn alot. Its a great way to learn about the criminal justice system through the lens of the victims and shortcomings of the system
Good Company
Project Manager / Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
Comparatively smaller New York City Agency, where everybody knows everybody. Management and work culture is helpful and good work-life balance. Better Job Security.
Assistant District Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
This is the best job there is. The people who work here are smart and extremely dedicated. It is a rewarding job and office with great leaders. They allow you to grow and respect your judgement.
Great experience, low salary
Assistant District Attorney (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
The work is rewarding and provides excellent trial experience, but can also be immensely stressful and unpredictable. Unless you are independently wealthy, it can be difficult to survive on the salary in New York City.
Productive and much multi tasking
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2018
As a Senior Paralegal, I would start work from 8am until 4pm. getting to work a few minutes early and prepping the work is essential. Management, kept on top of my job duties in court, Workplace culture is extremely fast paced and there are many tasks to complete in the courtroom environment, due to working with legal and law personnel, alongside Assistant district attorney's. The hardest part of the job, is dealing with unproffessional ego's. The most enjoyable part of work is working alongside professional's and completing my work at the end of the day,
Pros
co-workers working with one another
Cons
heavy work, low pay
Very good
Fall Intern, Crime Strategies Unit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
This was a very good internship. I learned a lot about public service and everything that that entails. I would highly recommend this job to anybody else.
Decent place to work if not for poor management
Special Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
It's an okay place to work, very little over time if that's what you're looking for. Some decent coworkers and immediate supervisors but also some abusive supervisors because lack of management to balance them out.

All in all, it's slow and not a lot to do and no brain usage required.
Pros
basic 9-5 gig
Cons
little overtime, lazy management
Positive Experience for a public-focused government entity
Fellow in the Cybercrime and Identity Theft Bureau (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
This is a fantastic place to work. The District Attorney's Office is tasked with protecting the People of Manhattan and does so with a dedication to its mandate and to the Constitutional guarantees to citizens.
Paid and you learn a lot
Law Clerk Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
The downside is being a law student is gaining experience without pay. Here they pay you, you learn a lot, you are given a lot of work, but they help you out all the time. I was never scared to ask questions
Internship
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
An amazing place to Intern, it is also a paid internship. You get many experiences as well as it will look good on your resume. Not only for those interested in criminal justice, but they have IT jobs too.
Nice people to work with
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Th people in the office were nice and welcome for any questions to ask. I enjoyed working with them and I learned and enhanced my skills as an office assistant.
Relaxed work environment
SENIOR COUNTERTERRORISM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Good work environment but not much room for career advancement as an analyst. Great place to get your start in a career as an analyst and use as a stepping stone to find something else