New York Edge Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Tutor/ Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 4, 2018
The job give you the opportunity to interact and develop new relationships with young children. It gives you the chance to take part in the growth and development of young children.
Great Company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Good work and life balance. Good management and a great place to grow as a professional. I love working here. The company is one that follows it´s mission
Pros
Awesome environment
It all depends on who your site director and program manager is
Sports Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 5, 2018
I have had many experiences working here. Each was different. In the last year, I think it has been my worst. My current site director has been a detriment to the school and program.
Pros
being able to work with great kids and help them become great human beings
Cons
inadequate and under-qualified site director
Fun job
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 25, 2018
This job is fun and relaxed if you have a desire to work with kids. They will be ups and downs and dealing with all ages from elementary to junior high but it comes with the job.
Unprofessional
Recruiter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 17, 2018
Great flexibility
decent pay
unprofessional work culture and poor management
very disappointing

I was lucky I had a good team but working within the organization is frustrating and nobody works as a team. Everyone is out for themselves.
Poor Management
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYMay 20, 2018
When I began at SASF there was very little guidance provided. Once you got into your own routine things sort of worked themselves out. The only thing that helped get you through most days were the people you met.
A great place to work when young and in college
Arts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYMay 19, 2018
SASF is a great place to work at while in school or if you plan on going into education. The kids you work with, as a counselor or activity facilitator, are the best part of the job. There are limited growth opportunities and the pay rates vary from locations to locations.
Productive and Active workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 26, 2018
A typical day would start off with meeting all of the students and making sure they have lunch before we start our activity that was assigned by the teacher. Make sure that all of the students signed the attendance sheet. Sending it off to the Site Directors Assistant. Prepare the class for today's activity, which will start off with an Aim and Do Now. Precisely give the students a couple of seconds to relax and give them approximately 5 minutes to complete the task. After the 5 minutes is up, break them up into small groups to discuss among each their differences and opinions with each other. The hardest part of being a Teachers Assistant is when we have a large group of children, which is calmed down shortly after. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting all these children with different personalities and mentoring them and teaching them new exciting things.
Great summer work experience
Summer Basketball Coaching Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 25, 2018
I worked as a Sports Specialist for 2 summers and it was an excellent experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the connection I was able to make with the children and the staff. During my first year i learned a lot about managing children and all of the risks that come along with it. SASF provided a safe and healthy environment in which i was able to take my expertise in sports and combine it with my love for working with children within different communities!
Pleasant company
Group Counselor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2018
Cares a lot about the education and well-being of student participating in the program. Very strict on policy and demand awareness and communication from employees.

Want to know more about New York Edge?

Ask a question
Great place to learn if you have the right supervisor
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 10, 2018
My typical workday consisted of managing the daily operational needs at my program site. I had some of the best staff on my team and a fantastic supervisor. This isn't the case for everyone but I can only speak to my experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits for part-time staff
come and go
Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2018
Come to work and do your job. No more and no less. Don't expect to be compensated for any overtime without looking at your contract details. It's a good environment because of where it's located but don't expect to get anything truly positive from working there.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
bad culture
Friendly
Sports Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 11, 2018
I got to work with my team and other teams at my school. Familiar atmosphere.It got to become friendly and learn more about the students and work on more individually with them.
Pros
My school
Cons
To short.
Fun work place
Tutor/Mentor/Step Coach (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Its fun to connect with the students you work with because they always have something to tell you or just want to sit and talk. And it helps you have a better undertsnad of what kids youre working with and how school is for them through their daily day there.
Pros
Student engagement
Cons
Administration
Fun and collaborative working place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I learned to work well with others. We started the day getting students attendance and putting them in their required classrooms. We later had a lunch period where staff would then call parents if children were late or absent. We supervised, and finally dismissed.
Pros
Free lunch
Poor benefits
Nutrition, Health, and Wellness Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Part time employees aren't offered any benefits even if they are working 30+ hours a week. Force employees to work less than 59 hours in a pay period so that they don't have to offer benefits. No paid vacation even for employees working 59 hours every two weeks.
Atmosphere is mostly pleasant but very high turn over rate.
work space
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2018
it was shared work place. Outside agency working a school. Had to travel to main office 2 to 3 times a month for staff meeting and to pick up checks. Otherwise it was a good working environment. The school admin was very welcoming
Fun & Effective Work IF you enjoy working with children
Group Leader, Activity Specialist, Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 2, 2018
SASF is a very fun, interactive, and beneficial place to work if you enjoy working with children. On a typical day you would clock in and then set up in the cafeteria. Once the kids arrive, you re there to facilitate and manage "snack time" and have everyone in your respective grades to sign-in so they are accounted for. Throughout the remainder of the program you're basically just keeping an eye on the kids (20-35 kids at any one time), assisting with homework, managing the classroom, and if necessary, conduct an activity or two to keep the kids engaged and under control.
Pros
schedule flexibility, working with and forming bonds with the kids, calm environment
Cons
no benefits, no full time positions, you dont work you dont get paid, no paid vacations, very little paid sick time, no overtime.
great experience
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 5, 2017
I was 16 going on 17 when I got this job in new york. my cousin helped me out alot. i love kids so i thought that this was the perfect job for me. the other camp counselors were so nice and kids were the best
Fun place to work with kids
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 5, 2017
A typical day at work is helping the kids with their homework and going to their activities after for a fun afternoon. This includes, basketball, flag football, cheerleading, step, dance, and cooking.
Pros
Doing fun activities for the kids
Cons
short hours, no benefits, no paid vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Edge. Our community is ready to answer.