New York Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Life as an RA
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2018
Being a Resident Assistant is difficult. Free room and board are awesome. But balancing school and the responsibility is difficult. Overall, the RA position was lead by a strong director and assistant director. However, I have held other positions in NYIT. New positions are difficult because there was an unstable chain of command.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Time requirement
Stressful
Department Supervisor - Campus Dining (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 28, 2018
The worst place I have ever worked at!!!! I would not recommend at all. Your over worked and under appreciated. They try to offer occasional get togethers for management but they make it impossible for all employees to go.
this was a graduate assistant Job
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2018
this was a graduate assistant Job. i was studying Masters in Computer Science and got this job working as a graduate intern at the schools computer labs
Productive & fun workplace
STEM Consultant(Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2018
I worked as a volunteer. The workplace culture is supportive where bosses support the employees. There were training sessions in order to increase the productivity.
Great for learning
Automation Tester (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
straight forward work and detailed requirements..position is very competitive and collaborative. Did'nt get extra hours to work. I really loved this place
Exposure to the practical world
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYApril 21, 2018
Its great to work at New York institute of technology. I was given task to manage the files of the student and assign them adviser according to their major/specialization. I also check status of the experiments which are to be done in the class. I manage the files of the students and assist them according the requirement to their major. I assist professor with the reports and records of the students.
Productive and interactive place to work
Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
Working with kids that suffer from mental and physical disabilities helped my communication skills. The hardest part of working here was having the patience to handle how slowly some of patients improved. This helped me learn how to be more proactive and stay disciplined to patient regimens.
complicated reporting lines and management system
Director of Business and Operations China (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
The management team kept changing for various reasons and it makes the policies inconsistent. In addition, there is no clear career path and good motivation to the employees.
The management is nice and organized
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
I really enjoy working in NYIT management office. the working environment is nice, my supervisor is a elegant and kind lady that she's very hands on, she always makes things organize and easy going with people.
Good place to learn and begin my career
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYApril 14, 2018
NYIT was the beginning of my tech career and I had a lot of learning opportunities there. My co-workers were great but the pay wasn't there because it's an educational institution.
Great place for learning and working
Role - Application Tester (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYApril 1, 2018
Since it was an on-campus job, I was working under professors how are specialized in the field for a really long time, working under them was a great experience and learning.
Fun working place, never in one building
Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
it was a great place to work at, very fun staff and teachers were all very nice. campus is in two buildings so you usually moved between the two to complete whatever task given to you. If you didn't know how to do something, you were taught so you could complete it on your own when needed.
Pros
Learn new skills and with friendly coworkers
Cons
was not a fulltime position so no paid time off but was expected.
department management is difficult to work with.
Grounds Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYMarch 11, 2018
Several in the management staff were stealing property and time from the university. Only one of the management staff was removed from his position and replaced.
Pros
extremely good benefits and reasonable pay
Cons
new management staff is corrupt.
Student
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYFebruary 8, 2018
great place to learn all the machines in the machine shop and be able to help others with anything they needed for personal projects. Learned so much from the employees full time.
Pros
Strong education
Fun to work with
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
A typical day at work was relaxed and productive since most thing had to do routine maintenance of oscilloscope and PC's. I learned electric component circuitry proficiency, meaning how to make circuits more efficient. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with inventory.
fun workplace doing what I enjoy
Cheerleading Coach (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJanuary 24, 2018
I worked part time coaching the cheerleading team building their reputation and program as a whole.3-5 days a week which also included a 2 day cheer camp to bring experience to the school.
Collaborative
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 18, 2018
The management and personnel at NYIT worked collaboratively. No one was made to feel inferior to another. We worked together as a team. Any issues were addressed and corrected effectively.
Pros
A nice work environment.
Cons
Salary was too low.
Fun Place to work at
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
NYIT is a very fun place to work at. It is collaborative and a tight nit community. I went to school at NYIT for my masters and really enjoyed working there part time. Everyone is really inclusive
Great place to work - however in my opinion the current executive level management in Finance is inept
Budget Manger (Former Employee) –  Old Westbury, NYJanuary 17, 2018
I worked in the Budget Department for the Financial Affairs Division. It was a great place to work until the last 2 years when executive level management in that division went astray and began discrediting and disrespecting long time solid, productive and loyal employees and began showing an affection and loyalty to recently hired power hungry evil doers with obvious agendas.
That said, working in higher education was a very rewarding and a wonderful experience.
Pros
Low stress environment, working with respectful and appreciative associates, tuition remission for family members is an extraordinary benefit
Cons
None except for the current executive management team in Finance, Hopefully the new President will rectify that situation
Productive and innovative
IT Assistant at Academic Computing Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Wonderful work environment surrounded by amazing workers and managers who are always helpful and make the workplace like a home. I was always given the chance to be a leader and also learned something new every day from my fellow workers and managers. Our work environment was very culturally diverse which also made a learning experience.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
not much hours