New York Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

nice
Lead Admissions Registrar (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2018
nice place to work. Needs to pay more for the amount of work you do. You must be flexible with your hours because its a 24 hr business. To get a good shift you must have seniority.
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay, hours
really fun place to work
NURSE TECHNICIAN/CATH LAB TECH (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 25, 2018
everyone who workes there is really nice its a great place to work I really enjoyed my 11 years working there during my time there I really learned alot I would recomend anyone to work there
Pros
they have really nice free functions for employees there
Cons
the breaks are to short
Working at the Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2018
I love being a receptionist, it was a great experience. I wish I could have stayed, the people I worked with were great and the patients were the best part. I felt so welcomed working there getting to know people from all different kinds of backgrounds.

It was unpaid volunteer work for the summer.
productive and interesting place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 4, 2018
The staff was very helpful and friendly. I was able to learn a lot and participate in a lot of the tasks which were needed to be done. At Methodist I met a great team of staff, doctors and nurses who were all there dedicated to their patients 100%.
Met a lot of people while employed here.
Clinical Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2018
When I started at Methodist Hospital the people that I've met and worked with have been extremely supportive and the overwhelming majority of us got along well. I have made a lot of friends there and was a fun place to work. You looked forward to coming into work.
Pros
Had a lot of social gatherings
Cons
Sometimes you had days when instrumentation would break down which in turn delayed the work.
NYM was a hectic busy stressful , best place to work
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 13, 2018
Pressure at NYM would routinely do one of two things to people, break them or forge them into diamonds. While many times the schedules were almost impossible, the budgets extremely tight, the workload high at those same times the people were absolutely fantastic. You really felt that it was one team. Everyone was working hard, trying their best to provide the best care for the patients while ensuring fiscal responsibilities and an eye on the future. While many times I may felt pressure about the work or the deadlines or bringing in a solution within a set budget I also felt extremely grateful to be working these people. NYM had a team mentality unrivaled in most healthcare institutions.
It'll be missed.
Pros
The opportunity to learn and to lead, to design, to build or create
Cons
tight budgets, heavy workload
Awesome place to work
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2018
Ive learned so much. Phlebotomy, EKG, feeding patients, and more. They really trained me excellent and it is paid training. I would definitely recommend this as a place to work
Ultrasound Technologist Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Park Slope, Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2018
Great opportunity to learn and grow, except staff and positive work environment. All the employees have the same desired care for patient care and wellness.
Good place to start!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 11, 2018
Had the ability to learn from many different division in Human Resources: Employee relations, talent acquisition, compliance, compensation, etc.
Worked under great management. Willing to share knowledge. Very accommodating while I was in Nursing school.
People are too critical
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Everyone worries about their job. If you do not have a degree, your worthless. It does not matter the years you have vested in this Hospital.
Coworkers are afraid to come forward with complaints
Pros
Area
Cons
Lack of confidentiality with bosses
Straight commitment to the job.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2018
Employees work collaboratively with each other. Every work is countered checked by another employee. Job must be completed before the end of the shift
Pros
Flexible, work environment
Cons
Mistake is not allow
productive environment
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2018
i was a phlebotomist at Methodist i really enjoyed working there. that is a place i wouldn't mind working at. It is a convenient location and the staff was friendly and very helpful.
Great staff, quick pace, coordinated
Unit Secretary for the Dialysis Unit (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Nym hospital has given me a shoe into the medical environment. I am perusing nursing and I am able to see first hand what healthcare really does. My staff members are hard working because we do deal with difficulties with patients and families. I’ve learned better communicating skills, I’ve developed multi tasking skills that have helped with the flow of patients on the floor.
Pros
Great staff, health benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Good place to work with physcians
Secretary/Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2018
Very good place to work learn a lot in the admitting office and working in the cardio pulmonary department. The skills that I Learn at this institution help me in moving forward with my future employment.
It was a nice atmosphere to work in
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
I worked here for about three years as a Nursing Assistant. I was able to better my skills as a Nursing Assistant and am very grateful that they gave me the opportunity to do so.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 21, 2017
working at new York Methodist i had the opportunity to grow both in training and knowledge.it is a great place to work.i had great co-workers and managers .
Management was unfair
Medical Assistant (fulltime) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 12, 2017
There was no career growth everyday was the same routine, management wanted yo to work extra hours and still had to work your shift, plus extra hours.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Short breaks
Emergency Room
Financial Counselor/ Patient Financial Registrar (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 24, 2017
Working in the ER is a stressful job in itself, the employees are great. Each one of them are there for each other and work as a team. The only downfall is one of the upper nurse managers, who is always on her high horse. All together, it is a good place to work. Lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Union positions, discounts, opportunities for OT, work with their staff when arrangements need to be made to scheduling
Cons
lowest paying hospital in Brooklyn.
Staff was very helpful.
CONSULTANT FOR FOLLOWING COMPANIES AND ENTITIES (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 10, 2017
I worked two days a week. Work was repetitive and tedious, but staff was always helpful. Overtime was not available to me. I got along well with my supervisor.
Heavy but meaningful work
Emergency Medicine, Medical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Slope, NYOctober 3, 2017
Office was in the trauma-bay, so there was no way of running away from the realities of working in an emergency room. This was a good thing, though. The experience gained was one that you can only learn in that setting. Attendings, Residents, Nurses, PAs, Techs all jumped in to answer any questions I had. The Research Dept. was a place where you could go and talk about life, learning, and sometimes if you just needed a good laugh. Great place to work.
Pros
Professional ED and Research Dept.
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location