New York Power Authority Employee Reviews

Contract Job
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT/DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 4, 2019
This was my first contracting job. I was given the assignment to install American Software products which I had experience with. When the assignment was over, I had to move on after 15 months.
Good people colloborative work on projects
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 12, 2018
Okay place to work try to change culture,
Loose leadership - onelearns quicklyto stand alone, tution reimbursement, 401k and pension,
Nothing else to say
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
Weak mid level leadership
Work Environment
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 26, 2018
Excellent place to have a career. Stable company with a chance to develop and grow. Many different groups in which you can do diverse jobs. Benefits are top in class.
Pros
pension and excellent benefits
no comments
Contractor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NY 10601October 14, 2018
I really don't have much to said I was there for a short period of time some of the people seeing nice to work with and is very political like every where else.
Great Working Environment
Procurement Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Excellent benefits, from health care to pension. Some very talented, intelligent people to work with. The organization is at the forefront of an interesting industry. Challenging, ever-changing environment. Opportunities to advance if you're smart and willing to work hard.
sound environment to work in
Energy Efficiency Developmental Intern (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 14, 2018
A typical work day as a Developmental intern could be tasked a number of items such as developing an RFP, attending project site meetings, attending conference calls, looking at HVAC, electrical drawings. There is constantly something to be taken care of.
Pros
Pleasant colleagues
Great Place to work
Change Management Lead (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 5, 2018
Good benefits, strong future. Committed Employees. Driving the future in energy and utilities. Renewed commitment by CEO to drive change. It is an exciting time to be at NYPA
Excellent work place with many job opportunities throughout the company. Excellent compensation along with health benefits.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Gorge, NYJuly 25, 2018
NYPA provided the necessary technical and non technical training to a very young Mechanical Engineer directly out of college, so that individual matured and grew as an experienced engineer. Working in a plant environment was an excellent balance between project design and maintenance activities.
Excellent salary and benefits
Principal Attorney II (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 10, 2018
Professional environment with opportunities for advancement and varied work experience. Organized general and specific training programs for all levels of employees.
great working relationship with staff
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 6, 2018
Great place to work really sorry I left. There were many opportunities available e.g training for PMP, CEM etc. transportation available for travel in state. AFLAC available,
Pros
friendly people and training opportunities available
Nypa
Security Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Massena, NYJune 9, 2018
Great job with great pay and benefits for the area. Stressful at times and long hours, shift work, etc. Quite a bit of OT available. 24/7/365 shift work. People in the department were great to work with.
contract position
Outage Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 6, 2018
Worked many overtime hours. It was a brutal work schedule but I was happy to do it. It was the first SGRP done in the US and we all wanted it to be successful.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Very easy work and good pay/benefits
Various Sites, NY - Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Massena, NYFebruary 13, 2018
This was a good job for someone who wanted to live in the area (Massena, NY) and have a very stable job with good benefits until retirement. I learned a decent amount early on about hydro power in general but there isn't a lot of opportunity to do meaningful work. It got boring very quickly and I felt like my development was stunted which is why I left.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not challenging
A team collaborative environment
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Work life balance can be difficult as travel is mandatory within NY State to the various plant sites.
The work is challenging and rewarding and the politically correct atmosphere can be frustrating.
Pros
4 weeks vacation to start
Cons
pay is low as compared to the marketplace
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2018
It was a great place to work and learn about IT, business process reengineering, management, computers, budgeting and forecasting, nuclear power, fossil power
Good
Diversity and Inclusion Myth
Employee (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Would like to have seen more people of color and women in managerial positions or positions with significant decision making authority along with salary equity.
benefits
Cons
lack of diversity in managerial positions
Leaping into the next generation
Sr. Procurement Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Working at NYPA, I have watched the company take tremendous steps into bringing the company into the next level of progressive movement. They are focusing on new technology and processes to keep a competitive pace with today's environment.
The management was very hands-off and interns were not given much work. The HR department took us on a field trip and it was very enjoyable.
Intern, Operations Portfolio Management Group (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Most days I was bored and felt very under-utilized. I shared an office space with other interns and we all felt the same. The HR department was nice and we attended useful Lunch and Learns.
Fast paced, demanding and rewarding
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Compiling, analyzing and reporting of long term financial projections to the Executive Staff and other Government agencies, including State and City, in a fast paced, demanding work environment.
Pros
Camaraderie with co-workers, 4 weeks vacation
Good Company
SECURITY MANAGER, SENY Region (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYOctober 30, 2017
Good benefits, job security and advancement opportunities. Great place to further your education and experience. Competitive salary and employee perks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Power Authority. Our community is ready to answer.