New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC)

New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC) Employee Reviews

Avoid for your own SANITY
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 2, 2018
This place Treats clerical staff very poorly! Administrators are poor with communication. Worse 9 months of my career. Therapist are always freaking complaining and stressed, which makes clerical and clients on edge. Clients are non compliant and INCONSISTENT so therapist do not get paid a salary. Benefits are a joke. This job has made me want to focus on finishing my bachelors degree. No room or advancement. Execs and administrators are a joke. They do not care about the staff or the clients. Also, this place is a revolving door. By the time you get to know new therapist they leave!!!
Pros
Left overs from new employee groups, snow days
Cons
Low pay, lack of communication high turn over rate.
Good Experience
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 18, 2018
It's very fast paced. So you burn out pretty quickly but you can make good money. Get contact with a lot of populations. Get a lot of experience in short amount of time.
My Opinion
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
The company is selfish. The administration wants the company itself to prosper but not their workers. I was a clerical and we were treated with less respect by both patient and staff yet when we had our meeting we was continuously reminded on how we were the face of the clinic and how we are basically the foundation to the place but we got treated other wise. To get a promotion is like waiting for pigs to talk. The only thing good about the place is the friendship you form within the place but even that was kind of sketchy (you not their to make friend anyways). That place if full of untrustworthy people. Picture yourself working in a place where you feel unease. And for those who are asking why i stayed so long, because at the end of the day its a job, my source of income, and it difficult finding a job with a set schedule and steady pay in NYC. Hopefully that place undergoes new management.
Pros
steady paycheck, set schedule, discount
Cons
everything but the pros
Official response from New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC)
December 22, 2017

We are sorry to hear that your experience at NYPCC was less than excellent. We continue to strive to make NYPCC an agency of growth for our employees, with our main mission of serving the mental health community.

it is a great place to work in if you have the support needed to complete the task
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 21, 2017
My typical day at my work is, the clinic opens at 8am, i come in at that time, set my desk, tell the clerical where i want them to sit and what i want them to do. Clients starts coming in at that time and the flows continues throughout the day. The hardest part is when i get bombarded with a lot of therapist/clerical asking me millions of question at the same time but i'm able to handle it with my positive attitude. At the end of the day, it gives me a great satisfaction that i was able to help as many employees as i could.
Pros
poor support from upper management
Cons
I enjoyed what i do
Work Summary
Mental Health Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 2, 2017
This is a great place to gain experience as a clinician. However, financially due to it being fee for service can be difficult. As a result, of the clients non-compliance.
Horrible
Security (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 19, 2017
No advancement and no one looks out for each other and the clientele are horrible to deal with. No one does any work and it is utter chaos at all times of day.
no fun
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work as a clerk was making appointments, answering phone calls, getting charts.

The hardest part of the job was that the work was not shared among all the clerks.
It was a 5
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 31, 2017
so stressful Office manager made the day harder
There is no safety Phone would ring off the hook and no1 would pick up the phone They had they share of favoritism
Great Learning Experience
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2017
The experience that I have gained here is great. There is always someone available if you need assistance. Quick-paced and lots of paperwork. You need to be a go getter and think of it as your own business as well as being really good at time management. Clinical staff positions are fee-for-service with a guarnteed pay period (several weeks) until you build your case load (does not take long given that there can be a waiting list at times). The fee-for-service model can lead you to want a high case load to make up for non-complaint clients which can lead to other areas of your work or life to suffer. Depending on the program for which you work for weekend day is required (outpatient clinics are open 7 days).
Pros
Varied clientele, great learning opportunity, benefits, paid time off, and easily accumulate licensing hours.
Cons
Fee-for-service, long hours, having to work weekends and lack of peer interaction.
Late evening hours
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2017
NYPCC is a great opportunity for new graduates to gain clinicial experience. The down side is that your on your own as this clinic prepares you if you would like to have your own practice one day. Supervision was an aweful experience.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Lack of supervision assistance
Not the best place to work.
CLERICAL (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 12, 2017
A lot of the clinical staff are childish , some supervisors are heartless and only care about the check they receive. It's very stressful and over whelming. Long hours and mediocre pay. They don't care about you or what you're going through outside of work. The job sucks!
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Low pay, long hours and disrespectful staff.
Great place to work.
Licensed Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2017
I truly enjoyed working at New York Psychotherapy. Providing clinical treatment to children, adults and families was a joy. I received excellent clinical supervision and support from administration. This is a wonderful place to work.
Quiet/ Productive Environment
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Basic File Clerk Position. Simple filing in a quiet environment with a very flexible schedule.Very Warm Staff in a relatively small office. Flexible!!
A great experience
Intern - Filling (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2016
This position taught me what I needed to know about clerical work. It gives you an opportunity to connect with patients and work as a team to better serve the community.
Great start
Part Time Per Diem Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 29, 2016
This is a great start for a recent graduate or someone wanting to get into the Mental Health. You will really learn your technique and learn a lot about diverse dx and population. There are many supportive co-workers but some staff. This is not a place to grow within but to grow and venture out.
Pros
Paid weekly meetings
Cons
Clients non - compliance
A Learning Experience
Clerical/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 24, 2015
I must say that my time spent and my former job was an experience that I will never forget, I've learned how to work in the work place with others and more. I shall take this experience with me where ever I will go.
I love working with my clients
Activity Therapist (Current Employee) –  Queens, New YorkSeptember 22, 2015
I look forward seeing my clients daily and working with the mentally ill population. Everyday it's something new to look forward to. I learn something new from my clients daily. I enjoy listening to their stories of the life. My typical day at work is being in group sessions discussing various topics. My managers are so understanding and is there to talk and give me feedback whenever I need it. I couldn't ask for a better team of co-workers to past for 7 hour days with.
Pros
I learn something new from my clients daily
Cons
Short lunch breaks
A lot of multi task service needed
Customer Service/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2015
everyone worked as a team, very busy company. Family oriented . Fast enviorment at this office. At lot of learning and new things taught everyday.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits
great experience
Psychiatric Aide (Current Employee) –  Queens Village, NYMarch 23, 2015
I learned many things while working here and also met people with many mental disabilities. very interesting place to work.
Social Work
Social Work Therapist (Current Employee) –  brooklyn, nyMarch 8, 2015
Caring work environment.
Help helpful co-workers and patient.
You will definitely grow as a Social Worker and a professional
Pros
patient
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC). Our community is ready to answer.

New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC) Reviews by Job Title