New York Racing Association Employee Review

View all New York Racing Association reviews

Law Enforcement with Customer Service type job
PEACE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2014
Helping guests and customers and also employers and also make it known that your law enforcement of the grounds. I learned the penal code also how to write reports also how to deal with people on the customer service level. The management was good and bad for the reason that the upper management was always changing and you had to adapt and the time I was there I went through five different managements. The workers that I worked with and worked for became the reason why the job was enjoyable and that is why I was there so long. The part of the job I hated was doing a good job and there was times there was no raises or anything but the upper management always got and besides all of that I stuck around and did a good job for 23 years.
Pros
Had lots of vacation time
Cons
We never got paid for our break, also it was a 35 hour work week so if you worked extra it was not always overtime.

Other New York Racing Association Employee Reviews

this place was a learning experience.
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 29, 2018
I have learned a lot working for the company and it was a ok experience. I most definitely came out of my comfort zone. The whole atmosphere was difference but a good place.
Pros
atmosphere of the race track.
Cons
working in the kitchen.
great workplace
Mutuel Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 27, 2018
faced past work environment very active customers waiting to make and get paid for their bets. every day is a new challenge enjoy working with the public
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks