NEW YORK SPORTS CLUB Employee Reviews

Nysc employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYJuly 30, 2018
Terrible company to work for. I had to learn everything on my own and when I did ask for any help from management they will look at you like your stupid or tell you to figure it out then only help after belittling you. Management gives you no support other than to hound you for their sales and harrasing customers for payments. Constant gossiping about employees and members from management. No benefits or raises, even after working for over a year. There are no holidays for this company so be prepared to work any day of the year and if you do change your schedule after being hired be prepared to either get fired or less hours. Pay is biweekly and manegement tries to make sure you dont go over hours to get time and a half or extra pay by limiting hours yet they do whatever they please. I would only recommend this company to teenagers in highschool or college because the whole company is a joke and not profitable unless you're a personal trainer with clients.
Pros
Free gym membership with employment
Cons
No benefits Poor management Poor training
Love sales
Sales, Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
I was able to meet a lot of new people able to work on my social skills customer service skills management training . Work on my sales experience and more
Relaxed atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 17, 2018
Many of tasks to do. But plenty of time to do it. A lot of personable skills come into play here as you’re checking people in and scheduling all day. There is a lot of talking on the phone but the job is pretty easy and self explanatory
health club manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2018
great place to learn health and fitness and make money doing it. Managers are in house experienced. Tons of tips to help make money if you have the right manager
Pros
use of gym
Cons
commisision based
Productive and fun work place
Lead welcome team (Former Employee) –  Colonia, NJMay 24, 2018
I’ve met a lot of people working here such as members, co-workers, managers. It is a decent company to work for, staff is friendly and people come and go so hard times won’t last too long.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Short breaks, pay, hard to reach chain of command
productive
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
Theres always members complaining about the littlest things. The most enjoyable pat is i work with experienced members. when I'm there i don't have to overly explain myself.
Awesome members and manager is wonderful
Group Exercise Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
I have been at the company for over 12 years. I truly enjoy the members there and my manager is a good lady who looks after the instructors and appreciates all that we do!
great learning experience
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
While at the sports club there gave me an opportunity to get a fresh start and a chance for advancement. I climbed from house keeper to lead house keeper to front desk to lead front desk to supervisor of house keeping and front desk to Membership Consultant.
Pros
You can rise as far as you desire
Very Stressful
Member Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Show up at 9 AM. Try to sign people up for a gym membership for $69.99 a month and not reaching your quota (which was 2 sales a day) meant you didn't go home until the gym closed at 1AM. Many 14 hour days, one after another and for what I was getting paid, and having to rely on hard working peoples credit cards to keep my job, it was not worth. I'm great with people, and I'm also very personable and sales comes naturally to me, but New York Sports Club was not the greatest environment to work at and left a bad taste in your mouth at the end of the day.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Short Breaks
Easiest job I’ve ever had
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Being a receptionist at New York Sports Club is honestly the easiest jobs I’ve ever had. However the location I was at only offered me 17 hours a week so I moved on.
At the time management could of been better
Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 26, 2018
At the time management could of been better. The lack of management led to a cut throat competitive environment. However I have no doubt with the new management in place the organization is now thriving.
opportunity in different areas of work
Childcare Staff (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 25, 2018
Opportunity in different areas of work. Childcare work is available but hours are limited. access to gym equipment and classes. can work on clean team or front desk.
This is a healthy environment and fast piecing competitive work area
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 12, 2017
I love the job unfortunately they were not that many hours even though I was full-time and as a student I need the money to pay off my bills and still student loans.The people that come to the gym to work out are very kind people and everyone who works there is very helpful
Pros
Healthy environment always in a good mood
Cons
Healthy environment always in a good mood
My experience
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2017
Crazy. Some clubs need better front desk receptionist and cleaner gyms. Some of the trainers know what they are talking about. All the clubs should have up to date equipment.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor, unkept gyms
Great working environment with driven collegues.
Welcome Team Member/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 28, 2017
A typical day at work is not stressful at all I enjoy interacting with members entering the gym and helping them feel welcome.

My fellow employees are all driven and we all have the common goal of making the gym the best possible environment to work out in,
Good work place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  63 west endOctober 14, 2017
Good work place don't like the co worker the place has a smell I like the people that come there some give good tip an the pay was not good the check come late when it pay day
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No ber
1st experience as a CPT
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJOctober 13, 2017
It was good I was able to be certified in training to be able to train on a new level than I was allowed to do so before this experience. they payed for my cert.
horrible environment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Management only cares about the gym itself not about the employees. The amount of work that is required and asked of front desk employees is not worth the $9/hr. Never get any raises. Members constantly verbally attacking you because management can not maintain the locations.
Pros
making new friends at the gym
Cons
just about everything else
Okay for a first job but too demanding
Front Desk/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYSeptember 5, 2017
I would not refer anyone to work here only because the inside managing was a mess at the time that I was there. The customers in the area are also not very friendly. The wages were not equivalent to the amount of work you a required to perform.
Staff members are friendly but not something I want to continue .
Child Care (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 19, 2017
the managers don't last more then a year there ,The pay isn't good at all and the company doesn't motivate you to want to move up with them or do well
Pros
Never give you problems if you need a day off or vacation time.
Cons
they don't pay vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEW YORK SPORTS CLUB. Our community is ready to answer.