New York State Bar Association Employee Reviews

Lack of direction
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2018
Association lacked direction. Unhappy staff. Not a very collaborative working environment. Benefits were good, but staff didn't trust each other. 35 hour work week. Cyclical workload.
as an exaniner
Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2016
A procedure orientated occupation, consistent observations of clients taking the test. A very professional work environment and the coworker were professional as well.
Pros
the pay is great
Cons
you wait for your check
Well compensated job for a law student
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2014
Great job, management is easy going and allows you to work at your pace. Only con is the job can get tedious and sometimes task instructions can be confusing
Well run but a bit clique
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 5, 2013
I enjoyed almost all of my experience there. Working with persos in the line of work, as most of my superiors were, required that one walk a very fine line and express views on political and legal issues guardedly.
Pros
clean, safe, energetic environment
Cons
egos
Great Experience for Law Students
Law Clerk, Continuing Legal Education Department (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 12, 2012
My time at the New York State Bar Association working in the Continuing Legal Education Department was great. It taught me necessary research and citation skills that every good law student and attorney needs to have. You work on actual publications, checking case law, citations and work for accuracy and currentness. As a result of my time at the Bar Association I successfully wrote onto the Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology, one of the top 10 science law journals in the country. In addition my researching skill have been called out by employers in interview after interview. In short it was a great experience, one that I would recommend to any law student.
Pros
free food, great opportunities, competitive compensation
Cons
long hours during the school year