New York State Department of Financial Services Employee Reviews

I like my job.
Processor, Mortgage Loan Originator Applications (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2017
It's a typical civil service atmosphere but I like my co-workers and I find management to be fair. Efforts are made by management to keep morale high. There also appears to be a high standard when it comes to hiring people as games are not tolerated.
Pros
Co-workers, reasonable work demands.
Cons
One manager is eccentric; there is no coffee maker.
Good Place
Senior Counsel, Real Estate Finance Division (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Nice place to "detox" after working at a large law firm. People are understanding, there isn't a lot of conflict, and people do not bother you when you are on vacation.
Lack of advancement and growth
Insurance Examiner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
Failed to provide an adequate avenue for training and advancement. Fostered a culture of complacency and lacked a strong environment of accountability.
Secured Position
Insurance Examiner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
This job provides security. Good benefits, macro managed, pay is decent.

Takes a while to move up in rankings. However, job is very secured. Very challenging.
Pros
Benefits, People, Challenging
Cons
No bonuses, long time to get promoted
Independent Administrator/Interim COO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
Enjoyed working there. Great people and very supportive. Knowledgeable of the subject.
Very professional and ethical people and considerate. Great place to learn everything about regulatory and compliance in the financial services industry.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very interesting working as a Criminal Investigator
Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2015
A nice working environment most of the people are very nice and easy to get along with.The health benefits are very good.
Life as a Executive Receptionist
Executive Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2013
Throughout the 4 Years I have with this wonderful institution, although it was under a Temp basis (actually worked for Tempositions Group of Companies, but staffed for the State Agency), I knew that once the contracts are up, feelings turns to sorrow. My relationship with all of my co-workers were never negative, always positive - doesn't matter what bureau it is as I served many. Seeing people from all forms of government, insurance agencies, lobbyists and personal visits were a challenge at first, but once I was more comfortable, it was a blessing in the long term. The supervisors treated me with the much respect as I give in return. Although the current location will be moving into a new one, nevertheless, nothing will change as the attitude stays bright and so forth. Being a receptionist is like being a security guard and being the first face you see as you enter the Department of Financial Services. Coming in to do business, and leave the business with a smile. That is the impact I would happy to have in my resume.