New York State Office of the Attorney General

New York State Office of the Attorney General Employee Reviews

United States47 reviews
New York State Attorney General's Office-Volunteer Paralegal Internship
This is a good New York State Government Office to intern for. I learned a great deal while interning for the New York State Attorney General's Office. I would highly recommend this internship to those who are studying the law and the government.
Results oriented, flexible schedule, teams work well with each other. Many projects, great resources. Teams are knowledgeable in specific areas and apply the knowledge where needed.
Great environment to work in and great managment
The management did a great job creating a warm and enjoyable environment. I looked forward to going to work each day. My coworkers were also amazing to work with
Pros
Some down time and relaxing working pace
The most enjoyable part of the job
My internship at the AG’s office has been very good. I have learnt so much ver the few months that I have interned there. I have been been give my own cases which test my ability to be responsibility and I have also improved my interviewing skills which is a very important skill in the office.
A perfect place to put college knowledge to the test
I was able to learn things through this agency that I could not have learned in the college classroom. I spent the day handling consumer complaints about various businesses in the Buffalo area, as well as answering phone calls to consumers calling about their complaints. Completed standard office tasks.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Relaxed
Hours are not flexible, but you have job security. Hours are set however very little option for overtime. Overtime can be random and enduring, but that does not happen often.
Educational, career advancement, excellent benefits
The New York State Civil Service department offers its employees the option of enrolling in college credit courses and also pays for one class per semester. The Civil Service also announce promotional exams for its employees for advancement. The benefits that are given are excellent which are medical, vision, dental, retirement, education, child care, maternity leave etc..
Great Team Great mission
Team and office are excellent, I wish I would have stayed longer but there were no job openings. I also had issues passing the bar exam but the staff had excellent suggestions to improve for next time.
Solid place to work
Collegial work environment with motivated staff. I found the attorneys and support staff always willing to help assist in any matter I was working on.
was great
was great plpace to work i really enjoyed it great team gerat assignments great compensation great benefits great hours great opportunities for advancement
Great place to intern
Great place to learn and watch real attorneys at work. Able to mediate real life disputes between consumers and businesses. Management was the best when I was there.
Fun place
great place, great environment, hard working people who treat you with respect and overall just a super great place to work at that helps other people.
Lots of drafting experience, interesting cases
A small office with a good atmosphere. Easy to ask questions. Unfortunately it doesn't hire straight out of Law School anymore. Requires a few years of outside experience. Good introduction to how different departments interact in the Capital.
Horrific experience, awful people and management
Unclear expectations, zero support, virtually no training.

Relocated specifically for this position and then I was terminated when I requested time off for cancer surgery.
Pros
supposedly benefits, if you can tolerate working there long enough to accumulate them
Cons
employees are responsible for paid parking, NYS holds your first 2 weeks pay
Remarkable Expereince
great experience; great staff; serving norther Manhattan and the Bronx was very rewarding and invaluable experience. Protecting vulnerable communities was an honor.
Great experience
Working for the New York State Office of the Attorney General, Division of Regional Offices was an incredible experience with great job security and benefits.
Hostile environment, poor morale
5 1/2 year ago the Suffolk Office was the premier place to work. The office atmosphere was dynamic. Fast forward I wouldn't recommend working there to my worst enemy. RD is a vicious, vindictive, incompetent bully. Office morale is at an all-time low. Huge office turn over due to the RD forcing staff out by making their life miserable. Upper management looks the other way. Current office manger is incompetent, a spy who rats on coworkers to the director and delegates her job duties. Current chief auditor is also an incompetent who delegates her job functions.
Benefits
Cons
Poor work environment
Good Workplace
Answered calls, filed, shred and made copies. I also help the receptionist with any of her work when she needed it. Just really learned the basics of working in an office setting.
Best Internship
This place was great to work for. I learned a lot and everyone there was so accommodating. I wish I could go back. The workload was enough to keep you busy but not enough to stress you out.
Productive and Quiet Environment
Most of the attorneys were very nice.
Hardest part of the job was working with the Microsoft Word templets.

Best part of the job was that I didn't have to many restraints. I could go to the restroom at will.

I learned a great deal about legal documents, the court system, and filing with the county clerks office.
Pros
Offered me an opportunity to work with legal documents for attorney court hearings.
Cons
No growth for part time employee placed by employment agency.
Nepotism, favoritism and bureaucracy
Not at all what I expected.
For what is required they don't provide much.

Management doesn't guide nor support. Notoced intensed spitefulness

Nepotism, favoritism and bureaucracy. Smoke and mirrors.

Pay isn't worth the headache and unfair treatment.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Supplies, no advancement, work life balance, no acknowledgement