New York Therapy Placement Services, Inc.

New York Therapy Placement Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Poor Management and Job Culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 15, 2018
This is my first time writing this sort of review. To be honest, I didn’t think posting an employer review would do much in the way of change. However, recent events made me think otherwise. To say that there is poor management is an understatement. The lack in competence and accountability is shocking quite frankly, but this is what happens with an absentee owner. Ones character can speak volumes. If you don’t trust your managers character then nothing else really matters. There are many key qualities of a good manager that come from genuine character and integrity. Managers that can't be trusted are dangerous and, more often than not, end up being a cancer to the organization. This is the case at NYTPS, Inc. A manager that is ill equipped, whom is dishonest and lacks a moral compass will never have the company or employees best interest at heart.
Pros
45 minute lunch
Cons
Management and benefits
cannot give an opinion
Compliance Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 12, 2018
cannot really give a review has had many different changes that makes it have ups and downs. Turnaround of employees are not good. Management can use professionalism and guidance
Pros
lunches
Cons
drama
good amount of cases but poor management
SEIT (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJune 18, 2018
the recent change in management was not a good choice and it ultimately led to me leaving the company because of the lack of support i was given from them as my employer
Pros
make your own scheduel
Cons
no paid time off, no benefits, no compassion
Friendly work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson Station, NYJune 6, 2018
Great place to work, friendly staff. We care about what we do and thrive to help those who need ours services. Family oriented company with flexibility for their employees.
Pros
Work schedule flexibility
great company to work for
Contractual Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nassau County, NYApril 4, 2018
I worked for NYTPS for many years. I have to say that I have worked for other companies and i plan to go back to NYT. They treat their staff with respect, they pay on time, they return phone calls and emails. They are always available. I have had some horrid experiences with other companies that could learn how it is done from NYT. The only reason I am not working for them currently is that I got a call from another agency that had some cases near my home..and I took them. I love all of my clients, but I will be back with NYT as soon as these cases are done and they have something for me. I have learned a valuable lesson.
Pros
they do it right. well run and by the book
Cons
in 14 years..i had no cons
Great company
ABA Therapist/SEIT (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 25, 2018
This company was great to work for. My issue was it being a contracted job, I needed steady pay. I was sad to leave them and not take cases anymore.
Education
Special Education Itinerant Teacher-Infant-Pre-K (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 20, 2018
You must be flexible and have another part time job...no stability especially if you have a family and a mortgage. Some of the staff members are great at what they do and very informative.
Pros
Flexible work hrs
Cons
Not stable/security
Special Ed Teacher/ ABA Provider (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2017
A typical day at work is Perfect pace, relaxed, engaging and friendly environment.The hardest part of job is non existent nothing is hard about working for NYTP.
Detail Oriented
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 16, 2017
New York Therapy Placement Services has excellent office staff. The pay is average and there are no benefits unless you work 30 hours or more. Cases end and then you are looking for work. Unpredictable work day because of student's absences. This is a fee for service job.
Pros
Paid biweekly
Cons
No guarentee of work
Wonderful and Rewarding Company to Work For
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 24, 2017
I have been working at NYTPS, Inc. for over seven years and overall it's been a good experience. Throughout the years, there have been a plethora of changes within the company to further improve our productivity. The owner/managing director/managers have an open door policy and are very approachable. All employees' birthdays also get celebrated. The owner's main focus is that we, as a team, are making a difference in the lives of children that we service. It is a great feeling knowing that we are making such a difference by helping them get the services that they need. Although the workload does not always get distributed evenly and the job can become stressful, the managers try to alleviate some of workload. Overall, this is a wonderful company to work for!
Pros
Feel appreciate and upper management is approachable
Cons
Overwhelming workload
Long Standing Provider of Services
Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 21, 2017
New York Therapy Placement Services Inc. has a long standing positive reputation. They work very hard to help therapists and families. The office team is pleasant, hard working and supportive. Many office employees have been with the company since inception. They also welcome and train new employees showing a tremendous amount of support. This company is meant for individuals who work hard and know how to stay consistent. Salary and benefit packages are also great.
Pros
Great co-workers, challenging and rewarding job tasks.
dream job--flexible hours and you choose your cases
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 29, 2017
I'm in my fifth year at NYTPS, and it just keeps getting better. The efficient, friendly, knowledgeable staff literally asked me regarding my preferences in terms of location, schedule, number of cases, work environment... and they’ve been sending me cases that are great matches for me ever since. NYTPS opened the door to a whole new career for me with a highly flexible schedule
Pros
flexible schedule, continuous source of referrals, autonomy
Supportive
Special Education Itinerant Teacher (SEIT/SETTS) (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 7, 2015
Always supportive, with quick response times to questions and fast feedback during reviews. Fair pay and overall a good organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York Therapy Placement Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

New York Therapy Placement Services, Inc. Reviews by Location