New York University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Ok
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
It was Ok. Nothing spectactular. Too many gossip and bickering for my liking but I did the work. Go in at your own risk and being prepared for the BS
Terrible place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 8, 2018
I worked in the IT department for 4 years and I cannot express how poor it is there. Management was not qualified for the job , both had no idea what you needed when asked for help. Micromanaging is the description for the service desk where I specifically worked. Employees were heavily favored to the point of when they were rude did not get reprimanded. No advancement in 4 years for me and my coworkers after so many empty promises. Would not recommend working at the service desk to anyone.
Excellent place to work
Senior Network Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Wonderful place to work, attracts the brightest people that want to work on challenging problems. One of the few places I've worked where the people genuinely care about their coworkers.
Poor work balance
Professor (Current Employee) –  teachingJuly 25, 2018
Poor place full of favoritism. Hire people based on characteristics and not skill. Lots of propaganda. Management is concerned about their own advancement and not the goals of the organization and no co-workers either
Adjunct Instructor of Songwriting (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
I taught Songwriting at an adjunct instructor. I was a great opportunity to have as I was getting my Masters degree. My supervisor was very relaxed and always there to help
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough teaching hours
Team
IT Manager/Systems Engineering (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
Great team environment. It was a family and a excellent place to be when you are ready to enjoy work life balance.

Lots of great technology and partnerships with the other schools.
Competitive and conducive environment
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
NYU School of Medicine is a competitive and productive environment where, if given the opportunity, one can achieve greatness. NYU School of Medicine is challenging conventions to drive innovation in science and medicine. NYU School of Medicine is currently No. 3 in the nation for research and No. 1 in New York on the 2019 U.S. News & World Report “Best Graduate Schools” rankings.
Good blend of autonomy and support
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to the VICE DEAN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work.Workers are given the support and flexibility they need, yet also given autonomy to do their job. NYU is a dynamic work environment.
I love my Job
ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
Typical day at NYU involves a lot of team work and organization.
This job is one of the best that I have ever had. Management is very approachable and open to suggestions. Most enjoyable part for me is the quick pace an constantly updating multiple databases. I love that free seminars are offered which encourage professional development and networking between departments.
Pros
Salary and benfits
Good Workplace Environment
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
You will love the environment. People are very talented here, and you will get chance to shine. Decent salary, benefits are not that many. Overall good experience.
It maybe a bit srange..
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
But despite the salary differences, I'm some how burn out of on software development. I'd like to have a client-facing job where at the end of the day I an simply say, "I did that." I've gt accounting, fiannce, accounting andNight Auditor - Part Time
marketing skills as customer service skills and I'm willing to take a severe pay-cut to enjoy my job rather than sit in a fluorescent cubicle all day.

Sure, I learned customer service at an executive level and was often a project leave in my scenarios but I'd simply be happier making other people happy.
Pros
Free pzza
Cons
Hostile work environment
NYU is not a bad place to work
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2018
I have spent over a year there working as a postdoctoral research fellow. The hours are long but the work is rewarding. The pay is not enough for life in NYC.
Nice place to work
Laboratory Technician Voluntee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2018
I assisted in Research Labs, I was learning to run gel electrophoresis gels. We would isolate and look at DNA. I enjoyed the work atmosphere, I recommend.
relax workplace
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2018
Supervisor is very handsome and nice.
He is such kind that you will never get a scold.
Very relax and fun workplace.
But you need to learn good communication skills. report problems immediately.
I did not work here
Line Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
I was a student here, and absolutely loved it! NYU prepares you for the real world and gives you the tools to get into it on your own and take over the world.
New York University
Temp Payroll Specialist PeopleLink HR Dept (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
I really love working at NYU. The job was a great learning experience. I learned how the other side of HR works. I learning how student and professors get paid. I learned how to hire students who are starting when the new semester begins. I love the job and my coworkers were amazing. NYU has such a great culture and diversity.
great job as an adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
very enjoyable work, great salary, great undergraduate students. I would recommend it to everyone who does Masters of Music at NYU. The only thing is, you can't keep this job after you graduate.
Pros
great pay
Cons
only temporary, you can't keep this job after graduation.
Neurosurgery Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
My management team is excellent. I am always able to communicate effectively with my team members and feel very secure in my position and confident that I am providing the best patient care.
Professional Conduct
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  726 Broadway New York, NY 10003June 14, 2018
Daily fire protection system test, complete work orders from building clients, check building systems, do preventative maintenance, assist contractors, responded to clients calls...
very intense, quality workplace
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
very intense, quality workplace

work with good people

very high demands

Take a minute to review New York University.
About your reviews:
NEVER included with your job applications
Posted anonymously on Indeed
Pros
work with good people
Cons
very high demands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight