New York University
4.2

New York University Employee Reviews

United States1,023 reviews
Found 1,023 reviews matching the search
NYU is a healthy work environment for growth and development. There are opportunities for self improvement coupled with opportunities to be a part of a thriving community that makes a difference in the lives of many. The benefits and salary package was competitive, and the atmosphere was laid back.
THE ABSOLUTE WORSE PLACE TO WORK! Managers treat you with no respect and work you like an animal.
If NOT A FAVORITE, you are undervalued. Tons of office politics.
Pros
There arent any!
Cons
Everything, keep away
I am an Alumni of NYU School of Social Work and a Person of Color.

After graduating I wanted to give back by teaching. I attended an Alumni event and was connected to the person that hired the adjunct staff. I thought all my dreams had come true, I was going to get to teach & give back!
Pros
Flexible schedule and autonomy in work
Cons
Poor support by Supervisor & low pay
Managers care about employee wellbeing, team work and bonding are emphasized, people are knowledgeable about their work and willing to help, and celebrating both work accomplishments and life milestones is encouraged.
Pros
culture, flexibility, management
Cons
pay, career advancement opportunities
I worked as an RA and TA while pursuing my masters degree. The work is tiring but you experience new fields and relations that provide a great benefit and support. Overall, It was a wonderful experience.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
It was productive and fun. We learned a lot about integrated digital media, ux and web development. We worked on may projects and I made lots of new friends.
The NYU Biology SURP was an amazing opportunity to gain lab research experience and work alongside post-doc faculty. I was able to become familiar with a variety of essential lab technologies and procedures while guided by a post-doc mentor, eventually gaining more autonomy and responsibility as I was dedicated towards a 10-week research project that concluded with poster and oral presentations.
Lot of clinical exposure and eager to teach faculty makes it a perfect place for learning. Students from all over the world with great skills is what makes you ace in outside world. The most difficult part is juggling between studying and completing CE's.
Typical day at NYU was great.You start your day reading your emails, prepping to assist clients , adjuncts, students with any hardware or software issues that may arise in the labs , classrooms and offices. Would definitely encourage anyone to work here.
Pros
- Decent Work/life balance

- Good job culture

- Good job security

Cons

- There could be more room for advancement

- Compensation doesn't always match job descriptions (some positions deserve more)
I learned a lot from my supervisors and peers at NYU, it is highly inclusive and great for those that are seeking a balanced work environment. Overall, my experience was great.
Coaching a club sport at NYU was an achievement I am proud of. Arranging transport for student athletes, arranging facilities and fighting for a limited budget to cover equipment repair and maintenance, travel, competitions and student support was made easier by the support of an effective Assistant Director who understood our difficult sport.
Everybody, there are crazy. The working culture is poor and people are aggressive. there is no support but more jealous of each other than support. No job security just wastes your time and goals.
Medical school. Non profit. Steady employment recession proof. Great place to learn and progress in finance function. Learn grants and contracts in a nice working enviroment.
Overall NYU allows me to engage with students by encouraging an excellent learning environment. They provide me with an abundance of support and materials to aid in teaching the students. They also provide a competitive benefit and salary.
Nyu is working hard towards becoming diverse and inclusive. Nyu is working hard to provide more support to their employees by understanding personal needs.
My concern is the lack of support by Human Resources. Upon complaints about what I experienced as terrible management, I was turned away instead of an evaluation to vet an ongoing system that poorly reflects the potential of the institution. I ultiately resigned.
This was a job that was handled mostly on my own in maintaining both the space, events, finances, HR, etc Since it was a start-up incubator most people worked all night, my job was however 8:30-5
Pros
Learning so much at once
Cons
I feel it has been a great experience with New York University so far. The work culture is very easy to head and absolutely supportive colleagues. The wages are really good for the mild work intensity.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Repetetive
I worked in a good lab with a demanding but supportive boss. The workplace culture was good, very collaborative. Labs shared equipment and administrative personnel.
Nice Place to work for. I want to work doing something else now. get a different experience. I want to share myself to the world in a different way in a different light.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight