New York University Employee Reviews

fun
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
I loved working at NYU. It is an innovative and friendly place to work. My colleagues were wonderful and I learned a lot from my time there. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a job to look at NYU.
Graduate student
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
typical grad school experience not a staff employee. If you aren't applying as a graduate student then this review is pointless. No idea what working there is like.
Nice University
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
Good atmosphere to work in. Good benefits and compensation. accessible location. Decent coworkers. Great discounts growth potential. I would work there again.
NYU has high quality benefits and promotes employee learning and development.
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  NewYork, NYApril 16, 2018
Great learning environment with strong emphasis on employee career growth and development. Excellent benefits including tuition remission. Educational environment that is motivating.
Pros
Tuition Remission
Cons
Commute
Excellent workplace
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Tuxedo Park, NY 10987April 13, 2018
It is nice to be working here. I have learned lot of techniques that I used Lin later part of my years there. They gave me a good personal computer, I can use for my everyday work.
Pros
traveling was good
Cons
too bad that it was part time
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
good place to study and work.
People are great to work with. offers good benefits including dental and health.

Salary is good with compared to other colleges.
computer tech
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2018
Great place to work. great locations. If you like to interact with people from different backgrounds this is the place to work. tuition remission is the best!!
Pros
tuition remission
Cons
there are not cons
Interesting workplace
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 8, 2018
I enjoyed the classes that I taught at NYU. I would very much like to continue to teach in a food studies or restaurant studies program. I would like to lecture, continue writing books and teaching and writing.
Fun place to work
Administrative Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at New York University. I have worked there twice in my career, in the early 1990's and then again in the early 2000's. It is a great place to work with lots of advancement if you invest in your own education and career goals.
Well paying job with excellent work-life ballance
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2018
NYU is a lovely place to work. There is the exciting educational atmosphere, which means you are surrounded by purpose driven people who love and care about what they do, but it is also relaxed enough, that most days are fairly stress free.
Pros
Positive work environment full of potential for growth
Cons
bureaucracy
Pretty good for student film, but it is student film.
Grip, Gaffer, Art, Boom Operator, Sound Mixer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
To be clear, I am not an NYU employee. Simply, I work on NYU student film shoots for free in collaboration with other students. This means that the shoots are not always the best run or organized, but they are always learning experiences.
Pros
Education, collaboration, gratification
Cons
Casual ablism, poor organization
It is Comfortable Place to work
Biostatistics Course Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
There is plenty of room for growth and Everyone is friendly to work with. I will highly recommend. I learnt quite alot on data analysis, using statistical software.
Nyu office of construction management horror show
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Astor PlaceMarch 22, 2018
I would have never imagined a university of this caliper with such a mismanaged construction department. The senior level management knows very little about construction, and they have unrealistic goals. They are untruthful to there clients throughout the campus. This review has no bearing on the academia that exists at NYU. By far they are a great university with many talented professionals. Sad to say they put their trust in the office of constructive management where the costs are probably three times what it should be. If they would simply hire a professional construction management firm the university will have a better product for half the cost and on time. The university is paying twice because of the poor results and management at the office of construction management. I’m not angry just disappointed, I have been in the field of construction for 25 years and this place is the worst, with no concept of the modern tools that exist. So in closing save your time and effort before considering employment at NYU OCM, it will ruin your career.
Pros
Location, time off
Cons
Horrible management, no leadership, no directives set
Slow and relaxed most of the time
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
I was an office assistant in a residence hall, so it was typically fairly slow. The busiest part of the entire day is the middle of the day, when packages come in. You'll spend quite a bit of time on packages in the beginning of each semester and around the holidays. However, other parts of the day are fairly slow.
Great work experience.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
It was a great experience working at NYU, I had the best managers and co-workers anyone can ever ask for, they were patient and professional with the patients and other workers.
Pros
Great work hours and lunch breaks.
Cons
No breaks
Supportive environment
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
I enjoy working here and have learned and mastered the necessary techniques for my career advancement. I feel confident now in my skills as a scientist.
Pros
Tuition remission
Cons
wish salary for research tech was higher
OCM Dept was archaic and poor management process. Sr. Mgt was abusive
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
The Office of Construction Management was abusive and demeaning. The systems and processes were archaic and inefficient processes with no formal policies or documented process flows. They required PM's to manage multiple projects with no assistance or support. PM's were expected to work 80 hours, weekends and holidays without compensation.
Pros
client interraction.
Cons
Poor sr. mgt, no training, no advancement, no bonus, pay increase, brutal demeaning communication
Great Academia
Grader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
new York University has a lot of great Professors to work with. Professors are always ready and available to help in your coursework and research. Additional help can be availed via tutoring
Productive and Fun work environment/intellectual work environment
Professor Robert Howse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
It was a great honor working at NYU. It was intellectually fulfilling and fun as one would be intellectually curious about answers to every legal problem.
Pros
Always a free lunch
Cons
None I could think of.
Collaborative, Professional and Cutting-edge!
Graduate Fellow and Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed working part-time assisting an international security expert. It was challenging as I was in graduate school, but all the while rewarding. I recommend NYU's graduate work program to anyone pursuing a degree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight