New York Yankees Employee Reviews

Great Work Enviornment
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 10, 2018
What a pleasure it was working for the Yankee organization. They are a very well put together place. I enjoyed my time there and learned so many things.
Pros
great work enviornment
First Class
Player Development/Amateur Scouting (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2018
First Class organization who goes above and beyond for its employees. You know what's expected and how to handle the responsibilities that come with the job.
Great place
George M. Steinbrenner Field Sports Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2018
I knew nothing about baseball before working with the Yankees as an inning host. That did not stop them from giving me a chance. This job has helped me before a better on air talent
Never dull
Director, Publishing and New Media (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 10, 2018
A typical day at work included working with my writers from all over the country to complete our Yearbook, Gameday publication and subscription based magazine.
Great experience
Cashier/Food Prep (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 6, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of waiting in a long line of other employees until they opened the gates to let everyone in, clock in, walk to my floor I was working for the day prep the food/cash register until they opened the gates for the customers/fans, worked until lunch break, eat and back to work, clean up turn in cash earnings and clock out. Management was awesome flexible and fun to work with. There was no hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part was meeting so many different people and being in the legendary Yankee stadium and also seeing some of the players up close.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
only a sasonal job
Changed a lot
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2018
Since the Boss passed away self-interest and no collaboration between Tampa and New York offices have festered. Some amazing co-workers, but the cons outweigh the pros sadly.
Pros
Spring Training, apparel, opportunities
Cons
Lots of fun and different opportunites
Gameday Operations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2018
Really cool job that i'd definitely recommend to a friend. I have met a lot of interesting people and have done things that make most people jealous. I'd recommend to a college student interested in learning about sports business like myself.
Pros
exciting opportunities
Cons
can have weeks with low hours
experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Working in Yankee Stadium was a great experience. I was always nervous and shy to talk to people. Working there helped me speak more with people and socialize.
Productive work environment great people to work with
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 8, 2018
I had a great experience working for the Yankee organization. i met and connected with some great people who became life long friends. It was a pleasure being there.
Pros
great pay and good people
Cons
long days 12 plus hours during the baseball season.
Fun place to work and no better place if getting into sports
Premium Sales and Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2018
You can’t beat working in a sporting environment, especially one as notorious as the New York Yankees. Laid back and do your job lifestyle with a bonus perk being able to attend 81 home games a year.
Front office filled with passion and insight
Baseball Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
My experience with the Yankees was back in 2013, so there have been personnel changes. Take my comments with that caveat in mind.

As a statistical intern, I found the environment very supportive of the research I was asked to perform and the people great fun to work with. The front office 'bullpen' can get a bit chaotic so focus is sometimes difficult, but when you aren't working on something inordinately complex, the banter is very engaging and fun and you learn a lot about sports management.

The pay is terrible and totally insufficient for New York City (especially with no benefits). Even the full time salaried employees complain about the lack of fair compensation, which, given that the team is worth well over two billion dollars, I find rather amusing. But that is not atypical of the sports world. Interns generally are expected not to be working to survive, but to gain experience (most of them had other means of support), so keep that in mind.
Pros
A blast to work there
Cons
You need some other source of income.
good
Guest Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2017
had fun and enjoyed the company of other employees. fast paced but still a good time and paid fairly for a part time job. well executed and well managed
it ok
Maintenance (Housekeeper) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
there party and events and office to do.
it long hours on your feets.
it ok to work for but just be ready to do longs hours and late night.
clean up after games
Productive and fun place to work
Ticket Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
Great place to work. Learned a lot from other staff members. Great work environment, management is very nice. Can be very busy so you must pay attention to detail.
Ticket Ops Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2016
Eight hour work day, learning the behind the scenes of what goes on and how people buy and sell tickets for the New York Yankees. My co employees were great, very socialized atmosphere. Being able to go into different departments and meet different people was a great interaction and view of how others worked. I learned a lot about the inside world of selling and accommodating customers . The hardest part was probably the coping skills when customers got out of hand, you wanted to keep them calm and reasonable but things didnt always work out that way
Fun
Club house & Ticket Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2016
Great job if you like to be around people. Gives you a chance to do alot of different things and see what working in sports is like. Great job to start out.
Tradition
Headfirst Youth Development Instructor/coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2016
Greatest Organization in sports history! If you love baseball or the Yankees this is the team to work for. Top notch training and guidelines to follow
Diverse workplace
Premium Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 17, 2016
I was a Premium Bar Supervisor and had the opportunity to learn how the VIP and Club lounges worked and operated on the day to day. I completed all the ordering for whichever bar I would oversee on that particular day, made sure the bars were fully stocked before gates opened and oversaw the cleaning of the bars at the end of the shift.
The hardest part of this job was gaging the clientele that day, for example you are placing a beer and liquor order for the next game and the liquor/beer you ordered is not selling as fast as you thought. In return, you are now running low on beer/liquor you had little of to begin with and would have to make trips to and from the warehouse to make sure the customers got the drink that they wanted.
Pros
family meals
Cons
spread you out a little thin and were shot staffed a lot
Productive organization
Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL and Staten Island, NYAugust 8, 2016
Had a great time during my short tenure with the organization. Met a lot of nice people who helped me get closer to my goal of making it to the Major Leagues.
Gameday/event ambassador watch baseball/soccer
Guest Relations Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2016
Easy-going seasonal job where helping guests around the stadium is a priority. Must be on your feet all day. Outside job so you must dress appropriately, i.e. cold days must bundle up and hot days must stay in shade and bring bottles of water.