New York Yankees Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Changed a lot
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2018
Since the Boss passed away self-interest and no collaboration between Tampa and New York offices have festered. Some amazing co-workers, but the cons outweigh the pros sadly.
Pros
Spring Training, apparel, opportunities
Cons
Lots of fun and different opportunites
Gameday Operations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2018
Really cool job that i'd definitely recommend to a friend. I have met a lot of interesting people and have done things that make most people jealous. I'd recommend to a college student interested in learning about sports business like myself.
Pros
exciting opportunities
Cons
can have weeks with low hours
experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Working in Yankee Stadium was a great experience. I was always nervous and shy to talk to people. Working there helped me speak more with people and socialize.
Productive work environment great people to work with
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 8, 2018
I had a great experience working for the Yankee organization. i met and connected with some great people who became life long friends. It was a pleasure being there.
Pros
great pay and good people
Cons
long days 12 plus hours during the baseball season.
Fun place to work and no better place if getting into sports
Premium Sales and Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2018
You can’t beat working in a sporting environment, especially one as notorious as the New York Yankees. Laid back and do your job lifestyle with a bonus perk being able to attend 81 home games a year.
Front office filled with passion and insight
Baseball Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
My experience with the Yankees was back in 2013, so there have been personnel changes. Take my comments with that caveat in mind.

As a statistical intern, I found the environment very supportive of the research I was asked to perform and the people great fun to work with. The front office 'bullpen' can get a bit chaotic so focus is sometimes difficult, but when you aren't working on something inordinately complex, the banter is very engaging and fun and you learn a lot about sports management.

The pay is terrible and totally insufficient for New York City (especially with no benefits). Even the full time salaried employees complain about the lack of fair compensation, which, given that the team is worth well over two billion dollars, I find rather amusing. But that is not atypical of the sports world. Interns generally are expected not to be working to survive, but to gain experience (most of them had other means of support), so keep that in mind.
Pros
A blast to work there
Cons
You need some other source of income.
good
Guest Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2017
had fun and enjoyed the company of other employees. fast paced but still a good time and paid fairly for a part time job. well executed and well managed
it ok
Maintenance (Housekeeper) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2017
there party and events and office to do.
it long hours on your feets.
it ok to work for but just be ready to do longs hours and late night.
clean up after games
Productive and fun place to work
Ticket Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
Great place to work. Learned a lot from other staff members. Great work environment, management is very nice. Can be very busy so you must pay attention to detail.
Ticket Ops Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2016
Eight hour work day, learning the behind the scenes of what goes on and how people buy and sell tickets for the New York Yankees. My co employees were great, very socialized atmosphere. Being able to go into different departments and meet different people was a great interaction and view of how others worked. I learned a lot about the inside world of selling and accommodating customers . The hardest part was probably the coping skills when customers got out of hand, you wanted to keep them calm and reasonable but things didnt always work out that way

Want to know more about New York Yankees?

Ask a question
Fun
Club house & Ticket Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2016
Great job if you like to be around people. Gives you a chance to do alot of different things and see what working in sports is like. Great job to start out.
Tradition
Headfirst Youth Development Instructor/coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2016
Greatest Organization in sports history! If you love baseball or the Yankees this is the team to work for. Top notch training and guidelines to follow
Diverse workplace
Premium Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 17, 2016
I was a Premium Bar Supervisor and had the opportunity to learn how the VIP and Club lounges worked and operated on the day to day. I completed all the ordering for whichever bar I would oversee on that particular day, made sure the bars were fully stocked before gates opened and oversaw the cleaning of the bars at the end of the shift.
The hardest part of this job was gaging the clientele that day, for example you are placing a beer and liquor order for the next game and the liquor/beer you ordered is not selling as fast as you thought. In return, you are now running low on beer/liquor you had little of to begin with and would have to make trips to and from the warehouse to make sure the customers got the drink that they wanted.
Pros
family meals
Cons
spread you out a little thin and were shot staffed a lot
Productive organization
Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL and Staten Island, NYAugust 8, 2016
Had a great time during my short tenure with the organization. Met a lot of nice people who helped me get closer to my goal of making it to the Major Leagues.
Gameday/event ambassador watch baseball/soccer
Guest Relations Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2016
Easy-going seasonal job where helping guests around the stadium is a priority. Must be on your feet all day. Outside job so you must dress appropriately, i.e. cold days must bundle up and hot days must stay in shade and bring bottles of water.
Awesome Job
Guest Relations Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
This job was a dream come true. I worked every Yankee game at Yankee Stadium in 2015, and I had the opportunity to help people. As a Guest Relations Ambassador, I was stationed at various posts around the stadium where I answered questions, gave tours, and resolved conflicts. I had a great relationship with both my co-workers and my superiors. My enthusiasm and warm personality allowed me to excel in this position. The New York Yankees is something that I am passionate about, so being able to give tours and help people find their way around the stadium was fun and not tedious. I also was in charge of the auxiliary scoreboard in the outfield on certain days.
Pros
Fun place to work, Helped a large amount of people, worked for Yankees
Cons
Part time, Seasonal, Commute with tolls
Fun Place to work
Customer Relations Manager/Security (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 8, 2015
For a second job it was great. I met many people from everywhere . People were friendly and my coworkers were just the best bunch. Standing for hours when the game went overtime was very tiring especially during the week. I felt burnt when having to be at another job the next morning. But I enjoyed working there it was worth it'
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
no health insurance
The New York Yankees probably the best job i will have.
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 30, 2015
What i loved about this job was, i was a security officer in the best seating in the stadium, the Delta suite. Not only did i get to watch every game and concert but i got to meet celebrities who came to see the games, the best experience i ever had at a job.
Professional organization with class individuals running it
Catcher (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Fun environment to work at. Everyone is always try to improve and move up in the rankings. Coaching staff was always helpful no matter what. Have to have passion for baseball and motivation to show up each day and compete against guys.
Great environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 7, 2015
A great place to work. Great people from top to bottom. Great environment, fun atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was leaving everyday.
Pros
People, location, atmosphere
Cons
No advancement