Newark Airport

Newark Airport Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
As long as I did my job properly no one would question me or micro manage me.
The company offered me health insurance and benefits. Every 6 months I would get a 25 cents raise.
There is a lot to learn and achieve if you know where you are going and the reason you are there. Focus and the job and leave the drama and you will do just fine.
Love to work there with great team of people, task was outlined and ready for you, they were flexible and worked with your schedule. Team building was always forfront
I loved working at the airport. I've met many different people of many different lifestyles. Ive learned many things about multiple cultures.. I enjoy helping people in however they needed my assistance. It was always interesting seeing foreign currency.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Working at OTG was a great opportunity, I was able to work on multiple projects with multiple teams and what I learned in this role will serve me in the future.
Golden touch transportation is a well known transportation company in New York City and New Jersey, at Newark airport it is one of the best form of transportation for the airport employees around the terminals and also airlines customers that may need our services.Golden touch transportation buses runs 24 hours a day and on schedule, making sure the airlines employees are on time to work at anytime of the day through the night and the dispatchers are on ground making sure buses runs on schedule and we communicate with the employees on a regular basis when they are out to catch the bus to make sure we don’t keep them waiting for long. At Golden touch transportation we maintain good customers service and our stuffs are well trained and good looking. Golden touch transportation is also available online for booking and our buses are available 24 hours a day and also provides services outside the airport.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Short breaks
Thursday to Saturday it is very stressful. Since they fired an employee, they are yet to find another person, and I still don't see that happening. There is also a lot of favoritism.
this was a great job but I worked here when I was in school, so I didn't receive to many hours. but, I quite sure they are great if were still living up North I would work consider working there again.
The airport was a difficult place to work. you had to check into tsa everyday and sometimes you wouldn't have an employee lane. You are part of a union that doesn't really do anything to make situations bearable.
My experience working for newark airport was very fast pace and under a lot of unnecessary stress put on workers. Management was very poor with maintaining an open communication with team members
Cons
shorts and have to purchase to food
we took tips from passengers every time we drop them off we help them took the bags outside . go buy them something to eat and drop them over ask them if they need to use a bath room .
Pros
Cons
meet qith older that was great experience for me
Working here was always a productive day as everyday is never the same. The hours would fly by in a blink of an eye. If traveling from afar it is very stressful. Management did also seem to have some favorites. Overall, its pretty alright.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
favorites
The hours were a littler much for me at first so was the work. I eventually got use to the work environment then became close to my employees and manager.
Pros
nice scenary
Cons
noisy
The hardest .part of the job is when TSA comes and plants weapons on the plane for the security search. The management is terrible; they are unorganized, unreasonable, and lazy. They show no signs of leadership.
Pros
lunch breaks, paid vacation
Cons
bad health care, unsanitary work conditions, unorganized
I love working at Newark Airport .I am currently de-icing aircrafts at the airport , & I love my job! Good environment, great management, and good pay..
Pros
Great managers, good atmosphere
Cons
Less hours
quick pace, the customers are very nice as well as my co workers, some managers are friendly and understanding when it comes to adjusting work schedule, and the job is very easy to learn
Pros
half off discount
Cons
short breaks
I learned a lot working there. Employees was helpful and always working hard. Had some lacks but not all
The leads there was terrible. And the different type of weather you have to work in is challenging
a very nice place to work, and so pedagogic each and every day you are learning new things, the management its so nice and hard working and greeting the people are the most amazing thing ever.
Pros
discount, free coffee, water
Cons
short break, health care
It was ok, Some jobs you grow out of and some are seasonal. The culture was good. The customers can be challenging at times but what customers aren't? Management was ok. I enjoyed the experience at the job.
i loved working at Fedex express. It's just some managers dont know how to manage some employees. or they belts. Overnight barley gotten hours and only way they did was peek season. if they were fulltime ill go back . or even 6 hours.
Cons
no breaks
The hardest part of the job was trying to get overtime. The best part was that if I had a concern or a problem with an employee I felt that I could resolve the situation without going to management.
Pros
got to see a lot of the big city which is new york.
Cons
not enough work and no benefits.