Newark Airport Employee Reviews

It's a great place to work
Deicer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 13, 2019
Love to work there with great team of people, task was outlined and ready for you, they were flexible and worked with your schedule. Team building was always forfront
Work culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Terminal CJune 2, 2019
I loved working at the airport. I've met many different people of many different lifestyles. Ive learned many things about multiple cultures.. I enjoy helping people in however they needed my assistance. It was always interesting seeing foreign currency.
Great opportunity
VIP CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 29, 2019
Working at OTG was a great opportunity, I was able to work on multiple projects with multiple teams and what I learned in this role will serve me in the future.
Good management and job security guaranteed
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 4, 2018
Golden touch transportation is a well known transportation company in New York City and New Jersey, at Newark airport it is one of the best form of transportation for the airport employees around the terminals and also airlines customers that may need our services.Golden touch transportation buses runs 24 hours a day and on schedule, making sure the airlines employees are on time to work at anytime of the day through the night and the dispatchers are on ground making sure buses runs on schedule and we communicate with the employees on a regular basis when they are out to catch the bus to make sure we don’t keep them waiting for long. At Golden touch transportation we maintain good customers service and our stuffs are well trained and good looking. Golden touch transportation is also available online for booking and our buses are available 24 hours a day and also provides services outside the airport.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Short breaks
Typical Work day
Server (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 18, 2018
Thursday to Saturday it is very stressful. Since they fired an employee, they are yet to find another person, and I still don't see that happening. There is also a lot of favoritism.
good job
Document Checker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 4, 2018
this was a great job but I worked here when I was in school, so I didn't receive to many hours. but, I quite sure they are great if were still living up North I would work consider working there again.
Hectic place to work. Never enough room to cook effeciently.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 14, 2018
The airport was a difficult place to work. you had to check into tsa everyday and sometimes you wouldn't have an employee lane. You are part of a union that doesn't really do anything to make situations bearable.
Productive and fast paced but under a lot of stress
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 31, 2018
My experience working for newark airport was very fast pace and under a lot of unnecessary stress put on workers. Management was very poor with maintaining an open communication with team members
Cons
shorts and have to purchase to food
nom
Wheelchair Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 4, 2018
we took tips from passengers every time we drop them off we help them took the bags outside . go buy them something to eat and drop them over ask them if they need to use a bath room .
Pros
Cons
meet qith older that was great experience for me
Productive work
T.S.A.Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
Working here was always a productive day as everyday is never the same. The hours would fly by in a blink of an eye. If traveling from afar it is very stressful. Management did also seem to have some favorites. Overall, its pretty alright.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
favorites
overall Well Organized
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 27, 2018
The hours were a littler much for me at first so was the work. I eventually got use to the work environment then became close to my employees and manager.
Pros
nice scenary
Cons
noisy
productive but bad management
prime flight (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 9, 2018
The hardest .part of the job is when TSA comes and plants weapons on the plane for the security search. The management is terrible; they are unorganized, unreasonable, and lazy. They show no signs of leadership.
Pros
lunch breaks, paid vacation
Cons
bad health care, unsanitary work conditions, unorganized
Very productive,professional
Deicer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 12, 2018
I love working at Newark Airport .I am currently de-icing aircrafts at the airport , & I love my job! Good environment, great management, and good pay..
Pros
Great managers, good atmosphere
Cons
Less hours
Nice experience
Wendy's (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 8, 2018
quick pace, the customers are very nice as well as my co workers, some managers are friendly and understanding when it comes to adjusting work schedule, and the job is very easy to learn
Pros
half off discount
Cons
short breaks
Pretty cool working with planes
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 6, 2018
I learned a lot working there. Employees was helpful and always working hard. Had some lacks but not all
The leads there was terrible. And the different type of weather you have to work in is challenging
a great fun place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 26, 2017
a very nice place to work, and so pedagogic each and every day you are learning new things, the management its so nice and hard working and greeting the people are the most amazing thing ever.
Pros
discount, free coffee, water
Cons
short break, health care
Typical day at work
Toll Attendant/Traffic Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 11, 2017
It was ok, Some jobs you grow out of and some are seasonal. The culture was good. The customers can be challenging at times but what customers aren't? Management was ok. I enjoyed the experience at the job.
Fun
Fedex - Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 23, 2017
i loved working at Fedex express. It's just some managers dont know how to manage some employees. or they belts. Overnight barley gotten hours and only way they did was peek season. if they were fulltime ill go back . or even 6 hours.
Cons
no breaks
Fast paced place that helped me to be responsible and accountable for a safe work place
staff support (Current Employee) –  Avis/GCASeptember 14, 2017
The hardest part of the job was trying to get overtime. The best part was that if I had a concern or a problem with an employee I felt that I could resolve the situation without going to management.
Pros
got to see a lot of the big city which is new york.
Cons
not enough work and no benefits.
Newark airport
Cabinet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 25, 2017
Newark airport is fast pace but also a wonderful place to work meeting new people learning new things. It's all in how you do your job I clean the aircraft once it lands after passgers off load.