Newbold Services, LLC Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
stressful, Unfair work inviernment
houseKeeping?Maintenance (Former Employee) –  London, ARAugust 15, 2018
This company gives nothing to its employees;

The pay is $10.00 per hour. With No benefit at all.

No chance of a raise, No chance for advancement, No paid holidays, No paid sick days, NO insurance, NO 401K plan, NO retirement plan.
It is the most dead end, waist of time job a person could ever work.
They treat the employees poorly, like they don't matter at all.
Pros
I can not think of one pro
Cons
No chance of raise, no chance of promotion, no benefits of any kind
newbold
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 4, 2018
when we come in the first thing we do is go and check all room and bathroom
I have learned nothing since being there
the manager is terrible only thinks of hisself
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
not organized
Hard work with little advance in career.
Glass Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJuly 24, 2018
Newbold LLC, is a contractor at General Electric Light bulb plant in Circleville Ohio. The plant is now closed down. I was a supervisior on 2nd shift glass crew. I would make sure of all removal of mercury contaminated glass from all machine's so there are ready for operation each day. PPE was of most important to the job working with contaminated glass. I care for the health of each employee and was very fair with each employee. I never made anyone do something that I wouldn't do or had done. It wasn't great work but it was steady work. That's why I stayed 8 years till they closed the doors.
Pros
got every weekend off
Cons
hard work with little advance and few raise's
Productive Cleaning Service with great potential for growth
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALJuly 10, 2018
The most emjoyable part of my job is making sure the customer is satisfied by ensuring all areas are maintained in accordance with policy. I have learned more mangerial and communiation skills which allows me to be a better manager and co-worker. The hardest part of my job is keeping staff.
okay job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMay 30, 2018
Typical day included cleaning restrooms, break rooms, lobby ect...

You get to work at your own pace and the work isn't hard at all. It is just like cleaning at home.

This particular job was at a nuclear plant and I feel we did not get paid enough working in this kind of environment,

The hardest part about this job is MANAGEMENT! We got new supervisors all the time and they were terrible

The most enjoyable part of this job is the employees there and coworkers.
Pros
3 breaks, working at your own pace, weekends off
Cons
poor management, not enough raises, upper management doesn't listen to employees
Great company to work with,
Site manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 24, 2018
coming 7 am, do my safety huddle. encourage people to work safety and do their best, to love what they are doing. If I have any special request I make sure they understand customer expectations. Every day there is something that you learn, a better way to work or a better practice to minimize cost and increase effectiveness. I check my payroll cost daily to see if everything is OK with my budget. follow up with pending projects, 2 or 3 times per week I go to my contact here at the plant to see if everything is ok and if they have any request for us.

My employees are very safety oriented, they know what is work as a team, are very careful with our resources and time wise we try to minimize time waste that is a extra cost for my company.

The hardest part of my job is keeping low the turn over, get new people which imply new training and more safety risk especially in manufacturing environment.

the most enjoyable is the recognition of people when they say that you are a great asset to the company that you work with, knowing that you are giving your best and you can see it with successfully results and recognition. the best part is that people knows what you do and that you love and are proud of what you are doing.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 14, 2018
My job consist of pulling trash, cleaning the break room, mop and sweeping break room, stocking up supplies, cleaning the bathrooms, and also cleaning the offices. I enjoyed the crew I worked with cause we all worked together on getting everything done. It wasn't anything hard about the job. I just enjoyed working with a crew that got along with one another without any problems.
Official response from Newbold Services, LLC
May 21, 2018

It looks like you enjoyed your work with Newbold Services. Can you increase the stars you gave? 5 stars is the best while one star is the worst.

Fast pace
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, TXMay 4, 2018
It was more of a family environment and you was always doing something from cleaning building, taking trash out, up to date video on how to be safe in an industrial environment.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
laid off
Great management
Site Mgr (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with Newbold Services. I enjoyed being able to talk to my manager with confidence and his support.I enjoyed the job but there were difficult days but I put my all in to he job as I do with anything and handled any customer complaints as best as I could to satisfy and keep them happy.
Pros
job stability
Cons
no coverage when sick
It was an alright job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ALFebruary 12, 2018
It was an alright company to work with on most days only down fall was the management and lack of employees so most people got over worked with the same pay if somebody else didn't come to work.
Pros
didn't work on the weekends
Cons
no benfits
Don't ever work for this company!!
Janitor (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 5, 2018
This place lacks management, communication, leadership. The pay is very low for no reason when you're working hard and putting sweat and tears. Most of the employees and managers are messing around with each other and they like to fire people who actually do their job. They need new management who takes their job seriously and stop stealing money from the company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
breaks, low pay, communication, the list goes on
Janitorial
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ALJanuary 24, 2018
It was a great place to work with people that were always available to help at any time. They took the time out to hear your questions and concerns. They paid all there employees on time and had great benefits after a year of service.
Good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dothan, AL 36301December 12, 2017
I liked working this job. I liked most of my co workers but some of the management was not all that great. But as far as the job goes I really enjoyed it.
Its a ok place to work if you like to clean up
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, INOctober 9, 2017
My review on this place wasn't bad I was kinda new to the janitor position which went left... It was a lot of people who like my work in wanted to get me hired with BF Goodrich but I chose to stay with newbold which isn't a bad company its just a lot of pros n cons
Pros
Work alot
Cons
Just super hot
Everybody is postive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 18, 2017
Positive environment working around good and caring wokers and clean and sanitary work place positive manger with good vibes and a positive attitude..
Cons
Short breaks
Management was horrible. No leader ship
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 2, 2017
My boss at the time didnt even have a clue on how to manage that company.Work 40 hours a week amd only got paid for 35.. pay really sucked. Know matter how hard you work they didnt show appreciation. Coworkers asked each other...wwll the new people if they were comimg back cuz if not we had to pick up other routes to clean.. because we were short staffed! No one shows up on time! Or takes really lomg breaks... but the company we cleaned for treated me good!! Always thanked me for doing my job!! And actually cleaned there office or restroom cafeteria or breakrooms & etc...
Cons
Bad pay & poor managememt
Horrible
Gate Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJune 29, 2017
Horrible place to work. If you can possibly find a better place to work please do!! There is no incentive with this company. No raises, EVER. Never room to move up. They will pull someone from outside the company for a supervisors position before they will pull a loyal employee up. Dont waste your life with them. The are shistey shistey with the money!!
Nightmare Job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAApril 11, 2017
First, the application is as thick as book..they get very personal. The pay is horribly low. The work is not hard or strenuous, but being that it is at a nuclear power plant, it seems like you should be making a lot more than that. I would not suggest this company or this job to anyone.
Cons
Management is petty and divisive
Newbold services
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Gray Court, SCFebruary 15, 2017
Working for Newbold Services is an easy job. There is always busy work. Even the 3rd shift stays busy. The management is very laid back, and understanding.
Not the best place to work but it's a job.
Hms (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 3, 2017
The management sucks, very disorganized. Don't believe anything they tell you. Low pay, they say its 40 hours but really its only 35 a week. You get paid bi weekly which also sucks. High turn over become of pay and hours.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Low pay, Less then 40 hours, paid bi weekly