Newbold Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Horrible Company
Nuclear Technician (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAApril 18, 2019
They are not interested in the betterment of the employees. Way under paid for the work that they do. I would recommend against working for Newbold, if you have a choice.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  LANCASTER SCJanuary 2, 2019
Yes I would help people out there.. It was a nice job to work at tho and the people there was nice to me there .. But the money wasnt waht I tho it was gone be there tho
Custodial position
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Low Moor, VANovember 22, 2018
Overall, I really have no complaints about what I do. The lack of benefits is my only area of concern. It's tough working 7 days a week at 5-6hours a day just to receive regular pay with absolutely no benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
supervisor wasn't friendly or helpful
Laborer Worker (Current Employee) –  Gordo, ALNovember 20, 2018
wasn't treated fairly, they hired family and they didn't do their job, the supervisor wasn't nice or friendly. They put people together and they always sat outside and took more breaks than the mandatory breaks and the supervisor didn't say anything
Productive and lots of walking
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, INNovember 9, 2018
I love working as a floor tech, but too much walking while carrying equipments.

Sometime it was unsure from supervisor of what was needed to be done and too much was asked of me to do within time frame of 7 hours.
Great working environmnet
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 1, 2018
I loved my job and manager at Newbold services. They treated me fairly and never had a problem. Newbold trained me and showed me the proper ways to do my job.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Can get dirty sometimes
Temp Service
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Gray Court, SCAugust 19, 2018
The hours that I worked and the miles to the job was not great. The people were willing to work with me when I had transportation problems. I would have stayed but the facility was too much for 1 person.
stressful, Unfair work inviernment
houseKeeping?Maintenance (Former Employee) –  London, ARAugust 15, 2018
This company gives nothing to its employees;

The pay is $10.00 per hour. With No benefit at all.

No chance of a raise, No chance for advancement, No paid holidays, No paid sick days, NO insurance, NO 401K plan, NO retirement plan.
It is the most dead end, waist of time job a person could ever work.
They treat the employees poorly, like they don't matter at all.
Pros
I can not think of one pro
Cons
No chance of raise, no chance of promotion, no benefits of any kind
Productive, but doesn't advance past $10/hour
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 15, 2018
Productive work place, horrible manager. Works with you if you need off, but doesn't fight for our crew. Was never told that we stopped getting raises at 10 dollars.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
hossible boss and pay
newbold
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 4, 2018
when we come in the first thing we do is go and check all room and bathroom
I have learned nothing since being there
the manager is terrible only thinks of hisself
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
not organized
Great Company to Start a Career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 29, 2018
Newbold has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge of custodial services and is a great place to meet people from all over the world with their vast accounts with multi cultural people.
Hard work with little advance in career.
Glass Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJuly 24, 2018
Newbold LLC, is a contractor at General Electric Light bulb plant in Circleville Ohio. The plant is now closed down. I was a supervisior on 2nd shift glass crew. I would make sure of all removal of mercury contaminated glass from all machine's so there are ready for operation each day. PPE was of most important to the job working with contaminated glass. I care for the health of each employee and was very fair with each employee. I never made anyone do something that I wouldn't do or had done. It wasn't great work but it was steady work. That's why I stayed 8 years till they closed the doors.
Pros
got every weekend off
Cons
hard work with little advance and few raise's
Productive Cleaning Service with great potential for growth
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALJuly 10, 2018
The most emjoyable part of my job is making sure the customer is satisfied by ensuring all areas are maintained in accordance with policy. I have learned more mangerial and communiation skills which allows me to be a better manager and co-worker. The hardest part of my job is keeping staff.
okay job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMay 30, 2018
Typical day included cleaning restrooms, break rooms, lobby ect...

You get to work at your own pace and the work isn't hard at all. It is just like cleaning at home.

This particular job was at a nuclear plant and I feel we did not get paid enough working in this kind of environment,

The hardest part about this job is MANAGEMENT! We got new supervisors all the time and they were terrible

The most enjoyable part of this job is the employees there and coworkers.
Pros
3 breaks, working at your own pace, weekends off
Cons
poor management, not enough raises, upper management doesn't listen to employees
Great company to work with,
Site manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 24, 2018
coming 7 am, do my safety huddle. encourage people to work safety and do their best, to love what they are doing. If I have any special request I make sure they understand customer expectations. Every day there is something that you learn, a better way to work or a better practice to minimize cost and increase effectiveness. I check my payroll cost daily to see if everything is OK with my budget. follow up with pending projects, 2 or 3 times per week I go to my contact here at the plant to see if everything is ok and if they have any request for us.

My employees are very safety oriented, they know what is work as a team, are very careful with our resources and time wise we try to minimize time waste that is a extra cost for my company.

The hardest part of my job is keeping low the turn over, get new people which imply new training and more safety risk especially in manufacturing environment.

the most enjoyable is the recognition of people when they say that you are a great asset to the company that you work with, knowing that you are giving your best and you can see it with successfully results and recognition. the best part is that people knows what you do and that you love and are proud of what you are doing.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 14, 2018
My job consist of pulling trash, cleaning the break room, mop and sweeping break room, stocking up supplies, cleaning the bathrooms, and also cleaning the offices. I enjoyed the crew I worked with cause we all worked together on getting everything done. It wasn't anything hard about the job. I just enjoyed working with a crew that got along with one another without any problems.
Official response from Newbold Services, LLC
May 21, 2018

It looks like you enjoyed your work with Newbold Services. Can you increase the stars you gave? 5 stars is the best while one star is the worst.

Fast pace
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, TXMay 4, 2018
It was more of a family environment and you was always doing something from cleaning building, taking trash out, up to date video on how to be safe in an industrial environment.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
laid off
Great management
Site Mgr (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with Newbold Services. I enjoyed being able to talk to my manager with confidence and his support.I enjoyed the job but there were difficult days but I put my all in to he job as I do with anything and handled any customer complaints as best as I could to satisfy and keep them happy.
Pros
job stability
Cons
no coverage when sick
It was an alright job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ALFebruary 12, 2018
It was an alright company to work with on most days only down fall was the management and lack of employees so most people got over worked with the same pay if somebody else didn't come to work.
Pros
didn't work on the weekends
Cons
no benfits
Don't ever work for this company!!
Janitor (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 5, 2018
This place lacks management, communication, leadership. The pay is very low for no reason when you're working hard and putting sweat and tears. Most of the employees and managers are messing around with each other and they like to fire people who actually do their job. They need new management who takes their job seriously and stop stealing money from the company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
breaks, low pay, communication, the list goes on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newbold Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9