Newcomb Oil Co., LLC. DBA FiveStar Food Mart Employee Reviews

Loved FiveStar
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson StreetOctober 1, 2019
I loved working for Newcomb Oil! the staff was great and loved the friendly faces that i greeted everyday and evening. The job was great and very rewarding.
Anynomous
Assitant manager (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYSeptember 27, 2019
was the assitant manager worked 45 plus hours a week when i got to my home store after training i couldnt figure out a certian procedure.then on a day my gm was away i had to do an emergency count and then the district manager came in to tell me i was being untruthful i told him i did what the email asked and he said okay i have the same email read it and he saw where he was wronge and i was correct i didnt even get a sorry i was wronge i quit right after bad enviorment to work
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor managment
fun place to work
Five star gas station (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, KYSeptember 4, 2019
you meet alot of cool people it just wasn't the right job for me and it was very fast paced and slow paced at different times and days on the job. not a bad job to have though what so ever
This job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 20, 2019
Loved my job when first started. We were told of advancement & hiring within. Never, never, never did they do that? You always did for them, but that's all that mattered. The DMwas a joke
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYJuly 25, 2019
Newcomb Oil 5 Star is a really good place to work for.They are really good with raises and bonuses.They have employees of the month.They give you drinks and a sandwich when u work a full shift.They pay good they are flexible and work with your schedule.
Love working here.
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, KYJuly 2, 2019
Great opportunity to learn and grow. They are hard working company to better customer service. They strive to improve and better their relationship with their customers.
The best job I’ve ever had.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, KYJuly 1, 2019
At Fivestar it was more then just a workplace. I worked with people I truly loved like family members . I had an amazing boss who would always motivate you to carry yourself with pride and work twice as hard. My assistant manger was dedicated to the company and it would help you feel more dedicated. I had the best years of my life with Newcombe and loved our customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes people would quit and it would be hard for everyone to pull the extra weight.
Was great
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 22, 2019
It was a fun experience getting to know children and getting to know their families. I also gained experience and learned how I could work futur positions involving children.
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2019
I really did like this job coming out of high school. I was working nights, meet all kind of people and loved most of my coworkers. How ever I did not like being taken advantage of working 12-15 hours a day 50-60 hours a week, especially with no pay raise.
This place is a joke to work for! Management sucks!
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 30, 2019
I would never work for them again if they doubled my pay. I was a deli manager and got NO respect from DM or GM and employees! They are all immature pathetic peons trying to play the game of life...Greenbelt store in Louisville is a joke!
Pros
I got to tell them to kiss my crack as I walked out the door when I quit!
Fivestar
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYMay 25, 2019
Fivestar is an absolutely wonderful family oriented place to work!! Loved my job & the people I worked with, they became my family. Miss my place at fivestar, you won’t be disappointed working for this awesome company!
Pros
4 free drinks per shift, 2 free sandwich during shifts, awesome management, super understanding.
Cons
1 of you, too many customers
fun place to work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 18, 2019
Newcomb oil was fun, relaxed, and collaborative. The enterprise allowed you to develop new skills, grow current skills, challenge your professionalism, and advance you in the world of marketing and sales
Pros
free sandwich daily
Cons
no scheduled breaks on overnights; precarious staff members
Love the store, the customers, and the employees. I would work 50 hours a week if I was needed.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vine Grove, KYMay 12, 2019
The atmosphere at the store is laid back and inviting. We keep the store very clean and we take pride in our lot. Our food is amazing and our coffee is always fresh. You won't find better customer service anywhere in town.
Pros
Free sandwhich per shift
Cons
Zhort breaks
Coworkers, boss and customers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYMay 2, 2019
2 diff. 5☆s, the 1st place i couldnt stand the boss or the coworkers (midnight)the 2nd store i worked 4, i ♡the boss & coworkers but not the customers
Pros
Free lunch & decent pay
Cons
Always on camra. everything u do is watched like God
I am a great person
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2019
I will be at work on time for sure and I will be a good working I will try my best to be ni to everyone to help people who need it I promise I will be happy to do this job
Customer service representative
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 26, 2019
Loved this job!! The management changed & then it all went to pieces!! The pay was great, breaks are given like they should be & atmosphere was wonderful. All until the assistant manager went to another store & then the manager didn’t know how to operate his employees or the store!!
Pros
Free meal: pay: time off
Cons
Management & higher up management
Do not work here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2019
The culture at FiveStar is like nothing I’ve ever seen before and that’s not a good thing. I worked third shift and was expected to work over without notice often. There are only two people per shift and you are expected to get a page of side jobs done during the shift besides waiting on the customers. I was tried by someone who didn’t know much and then got in trouble when I didn’t do things right. If I wanted to take a break I was looked at like I was crazy!! I remembered the managers that it’s illegal not to give breaks and they just laughed. If you want to be overworked, underpaid, and not given a break...by all means apply
Pros
Cons
Minimal training, no breaks
never a dull moment
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Benton, KYFebruary 27, 2019
we are like family...I love going to work and all of the people that I work with...the store manager needs to be educated a little more...but overall wonderful place to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not much down time
management at store level and district level is terrible.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 12, 2019
there is lots of favoritism which is bad for employees. some get everything while other employees get nothing no matter if they are good employees or not. that brings moral down big time. and it seems to happen with all managers. plus management gets their PTO all at once while CSRs have to earn theirs little bit by little bit by the week. I've seen an associate manager use both of their two weeks of PTO before even being at the company for six months then they walked out. sounds fair right.
Pros
free lunch sandwich
Cons
management get their pto all at once while CSRs have to earn it in little pieces by week.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 9, 2019
Amazing people to work for. Awesome environment. The owners really care about their employees. Couldn't ask for a better company to work for. 100% all the way around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcomb Oil Co., LLC. DBA FiveStar Food Mart. Our community is ready to answer.