Newcomb Oil Co., LLC. DBA FiveStar Food Mart

Newcomb Oil Co., LLC. DBA FiveStar Food Mart Employee Reviews in Murray, KY

Flexible student job but too many headaches
A typical day at work started with making sandwiches and wraps in the deli and then cleaning deli area and dishes. The outside property had to be swept, trash taken out, and windshield washing fluid refilled. The cooler had to be restocked and organized daily. There are a few little jobs such as stocking the cups, making coffee, sweeping the floor, wiping down counter tops, cleaning restrooms, taking out the trash, and waiting on customers that were done as needed.
The main problem I had with this job was the lack of punishment for people not doing their job. No one was held accountable for their actions which meant the good employees had to do more work for the same pay and get no reward for doing so.The employee of the month award was mainly determined by the amount of shifts someone picked up. This means you can do a bad job but if you worked a lot while doing it you could get the employee of the month bonus.The managerial staff currently employed doesn't do their job completely or correctly half the time. Our new shift supervisor shows up to work at least 5min late every day but still got promoted. Our Food manager makes extremely high pars for the sandwich case and then does not meet them during her shifts.

My coworkers were mainly young adults. Some did the job well while others didn't even attempt to do the bare minimum. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting friendly customers. The small town atmosphere really helps you connect with them. I learned a lot about multitasking and customer relations. The flexible hours and friendly customers were really what
 - more...
Pros
free food item per shift, free fountian drinks/coffee on shift
Cons
short breaks, no accountability not very good managment
fun place to work
Newcomb oil was fun, relaxed, and collaborative. The enterprise allowed you to develop new skills, grow current skills, challenge your professionalism, and advance you in the world of marketing and sales
Pros
free sandwich daily
Cons
no scheduled breaks on overnights; precarious staff members
Easy-going and fun!
I absolutely loved my experience at FiveStar!! I fully intend to go back to the company once I get a change, wonderful coworkers and the higher ups are fantastic with their employees!
Pros
Free hot/cold sandwich every shift.
drama but good stable job
it is a good quick job that you will have stability in. good luck and the best wishes for all who apply. great place for students and old people.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcomb Oil Co., LLC. DBA FiveStar Food Mart. Our community is ready to answer.
Newcomb Oil Co., LLC. DBA FiveStar Food Mart Reviews by Job Title