Newegg Employee Reviews

Avoid
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAAugust 5, 2018
Terrible management. There's only career growth if you're part of the "inner circle" with top management. If you're part of the inner circle, you'll see promotions frequently. If not, put in your two years of mediocre work and you might just get a promotion.
great place to work
Warehouse Team Lead- I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
It was an awesome place to work, there were just too many hours , and me having class and a 5 year old I could not work more than 8-10 hours a day. If you like long hours it is a great place to work.
Horrible
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 28, 2018
I worked here as a call center agent and the computer I was given was very very bad had to do multiple restarts a day (took almost half my time because of bad hard drive in computer) our IT guy was a joke who didn't know anything special and the product support was all but useless most employees did not like to use them because we would get in trouble if they didn't know the answer I applied to be product support was denied for someone who worked there a bit longer and didn't know half what I did from what other employees said when talking to him and the ASD (supervisors) had different rules and was given very bad information by them that got me written up a lot and the so happen to lose that conversation even though all calls are recorded but they will remember that time you forgot to ask someone's name 2 months ago
Pros
its a job and gives you money do seasonal for massive overtime
Cons
everything else
Everyone goes above and beyond for their customers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 10, 2018
A typical day at work is non-stop complaints. I've learned to have patience and to be a better listener. Best part of the job are the employees themselves.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Not enough pay for the responsibilities.
Amazing place to get the experience
Customer Service/Call Center (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAMarch 1, 2018
It was fun working for this company but the pay is not worth being constantly yelled & talk down to by customers. When trying to help the customers and then being told by supervisors no we can not assis in this way.
Good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2018
Good working job for somebody that just needs work wouldn't make a carrier out of it this they have a clean environment nice people good break room lots of vending machines
great place to work
Associate Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 8, 2018
After start up we move straight to our supervisor to know our area of duty for the day and what we are expected to do.
I learned to be a good leader and trainer. the managements was great and I will recommend them for any one
The Management were unfair with employees
Send emails to Tech support (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 5, 2018
typical day at work was drive to work leave your car 2 miles from the company building then get shuttled in a van to work. The drivers are reckless. go in side start scanning inventory until break come back do the same light supper heavy boxes if your new their then the people who have more time their make you do the hard work and they relax in their chair doing the easy work.
Workplace culture
Shipping /Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 3, 2018
First of all the work place at Newegg is not sanitary ,you can get sick so easily, I worked because I got bills to pay ,and now this year I'm plannig on going back on my education , all I need is a job so I can survive .
Pros
Free coffee, friendly people
Cons
too much dirt in that environment
Productive workplace with raffles
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 15, 2017
It's a good job to start out with but sometimes management doesn't show you as a worker you are doing well. Definitely a great job if you are trying to get into the customer service line of work.
Pros
Raffles
Cons
Supervisors not submitting your PTO on time or denying you PTO days.
Productive workplace that's always hot
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2017
• review orders to determine product types and quantities required to meet demand
• arrange for transportation or storage of purchased products
• examine and test products to estimate value, determine their grade and locate any damages
productive and fun workplace
Shipping/receiving lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2017
A typical day at work would involve everyone getting along, making sure all the jobs are complete. Then after the jobs are complete maybe make some fun out of the work day! I like to learn anything and everything i can. I feel you cant ever learn enough! I feel management plays a big role in all of it because if you do not have a good supervisor then i feel it causes a hostile work environment. i love working with all different kinds of culture, culture is nothing to me it helps me learn new things!
fun
Inventory Cycle Count Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38141March 27, 2017
the manager there are unfair they work the mess out you and don't give good pay and it unfair to work for them and they don't show you any kind of thank you
its ok
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working here but they just didn't seem to want to take care of a situation that happened with a team lead and I had to leave because of it
Pros
money msde
Cons
didnt take care of things
fun place to work at, and they take their time to help you with what you need to know.
Unloader (Former Employee) –  45 patrick ave, edison new jerseyFebruary 1, 2017
do your job and do what they expect you to do and thats to finish your job everyday, its a very good job i would from my experience everyone is nice and its a very stable job that almost everyone would like to have.
Okay Company.
Agent Support Desk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 30, 2017
As it stands as far as Newegg is concerned it is a great way to get introduced to the work of Customer Service Representative. As far as the politics of the company was not so much a fan of.
Good place to start a career
Marketer (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CADecember 11, 2016
The hardest part was definitely Q4 where we had to run dozens of campaign in order to capitalize on the holiday shopping season.

Get ready for a challenging work environment where your stamina is challenged.
Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAOctober 26, 2016
Co-workers are cool. Management is horrible. In reachable goals do no commission. You can come and go,one cares. They are racist if your not the same as they are. Can't move up. They put unqualified people in charge. They take your large account away and give them to others. Impossible to hit goals
Pros
Fair pay
Excellent work schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at work is taking about 50 calls a day, assisting customers with their online orders. Customer's call in if they their order did not process or get delivered. I also assist with issuing a return if their item is defective or no longer needed. Co-workers are great, management is awesome provide lunch every few weeks. The hardest part is the customers sometimes they can be pretty irate. The most enjoyable about the job is the supervisors always helping you to improve and grow.
Pros
Hour lunch, 15 min breaks, full time
Cons
Do not give raises
Not a healthy work environment unless you are one of the inner circle of management.
Inventory (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAAugust 31, 2016
The only enjoyable aspect of this company are the people you work with as peers. This company is run by the politics of the upper management who have low regard for work-life balance. The smart ones find another job and leave.
Pros
None - literally just a task oriented job
Cons
Low pay, long hours, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newegg. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight