Newell Brands Employee Reviews

Found 966 reviews matching the search See all 1,146 reviews
Only if you are desperate
Operator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 20, 2019
I should have walked into HR with a tape recorder and give it to a lawyer. I was in Brute dept where the trash cans are made. So physically yeah its a hard job for a 12hour shift. But to make life worse the employees like to verbally harass you with racial slurs. Try telling that to your manager whos mouth needs to be kicked in. I was there for the paycheck. I would have stayed but try working with the same jerks everyday isnt easy. This is no lie. I really sis work there. Plastics division off Valley Ave. Virginia.
Pros
4 paid breaks 20mins each
Cons
People and managers and hr
poor management
Packer (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 15, 2019
i been with newell for 12 years. i was a machine operator, a team leader, a powder coat painter now a packer. I am getting layed off sept. 30th. they deleted my job in the metal dept.
Honestly a job until next opportunity!
Consumer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 14, 2019
Consistent work you are going to be busy your full shift. Answering calls from 8:00 am- 5:30 pm, so consumers are always calling and they are always needing assistance with products and inquiries. The only issue is they say that they bring the remaining temporary employees on, but they have people who worked as a Temp for over 15 months. Contracts were supposed to be 6 months but a majority have been changed to on going contracts. It depends on how you transfer from brands. I have been a consistent hard worker for the company for the past 9 months and the only thing making it tolerable was the overtime, because the pay is not sustainable without .
12 hr shift with forced overtime
CPU Distribution Operator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 10, 2019
not a bad place to work. Rubbermaid use to be a hard place to get on at. now through Newell, they have lowered the standard for the hiring process. you have to work trough a temp service to work at Rubbermaid.
Newell Brands vs Family Time
Forlift Operator (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 9, 2019
Newell Brands is a great company to work for if you don’t have a family waiting for you at home. The hours can be very overwhelming and you should never expect a day off in the summer months.
Just not a good place to work
Boxer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 7, 2019
Everyone there had bad attitude on work site. The people acted like they didn't want to be there. They was very un organized in the way they did stuff
Did not enjoy working for this company.
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOJuly 5, 2019
This company is not a good place to work for. There are too many cheifs and not enough Indians if you have ever heard that term used before. I was sexually assulted by a co worker and the issue was not resolved the proper way it should have been.
Always struggling
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 2, 2019
This company has always been in the local business pages (Boca Raton, FL) as struggling, always trying to climb out of its hole. It was once Sunbeam, then Jarden. I thought Newell would have the resources and management to finally make it a winner, but no dice. Just made 3rd place Fortune Mag's "Biggest Money Losers" list.
Pros
Good engineering tools, training, the benefits of a large company, employee activities.
Cons
Always bad news - every quarterly report is discouraging, Makes everyone worry about the next management shake up, When will the next layoff be?, For engineers - forget about doing any creative design work, you will be a bill-of-material clerk, or at best a project manager.
Started Off Great
Consumer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 1, 2019
It started off great, then they promoted this Senior Manager from Chicago and she is going to run the place into the ground. Poor communication and management!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks, point system, no advancement and lack of concern or empathy from management
Productive work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mogadore, OHJune 28, 2019
Great management understand and will to work with you on any situation. I have have learn a lot of different assembly line skills thats help me with my experience
Looking forward to post-Polk era
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 20, 2019
The work at Newell is challenging and the teams I work with are engaged and responsive. I enjoy my role, but since the merger with Jarden the company's direction has faltered. Management sometimes does not utilize people with skills where they should. IT projects and focus tend to change frequently, with more attention paid to the "Project Management" aspect instead of actual project work. The pay is average, but with lower stock prices, bonuses and advancement opportunities have stagnated, and layoffs are needed to maintain profitability. Newell does offer "Work from Home" and along with a decent medical plan are the biggest benefits.
The company culture seems to be getting a boost from recent employee involvement surveys as well.

Overall I enjoy my work, and if not for my immediate supervisor and related team members, I'd look elsewhere. I am hopeful the new CEO can help revitalize the company and provide a larger degree of job security.
Fast paced and low morale
Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 19, 2019
This place is a joke all they care about is production getting out treat employees horrible a lot of favoritism certain people get paid good most don’t
Fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHJune 17, 2019
Fast paced lots of overtime and you are busy during black Friday specials work rotating shifts so you work 2 on 2 off and work every other weekend off
Pros
Paid linch
Cons
Hot busy
Very fun workplace great people
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland tnJune 14, 2019
I enjoyed working for them great place people were friendly. I delivered material to hoppers by way of forklift and loaded machines to keep lines moving
Good wage
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 10, 2019
The work environment was great and the work pace was high pace and can’t even sit down have to be on your feet for 12 hours everyday you work there .
Awesome Company
Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2019
Great work environment. Able to work at your own pace as long as your getting the job done efficiently. Able to work from home 1 day out of the week. Great pay Nd in the heart of downtown Chicago. Can be stressful durning months end. CEO is very down 2 earth
Pros
Pay, benefits, location
Cons
Meetings
fast paced
Sit down Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2019
based on production. fast paced work place. overall work environment was laid back. daily lift inspections were required. order pulling and order selection.
Pros
location
Cons
short breaks
Management is terrible
SAP WM Analysis (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 1, 2019
Worst management ever. Work life balance is way off. Top level decisions are poorly communicated and usually make no logicial sense and employee morale is low.
Productive and hot
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHMay 31, 2019
This is an all right place to work if you're fresh out of school and you need a job but as far as a career choice it's hard on your body and your family life.
productive and and great hrs with plenty of days off
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHMay 29, 2019
meetings every morning to go over safety and ideas for safety issues with a close of have a safe and productive day! i learned how to over come work related issues by working them out with coworkers as a team effort how to be safe at work . management is great they are always willing to help and listen and try to solve any issues or concerns.the hardest part of the job was the hrs they mandate a lot leaving little time for family outings . the most enjoyable part was working with people from all different back grounds and how everyone does things differently
Pros
great hours
Cons
mandated hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newell Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss