Newell Brands Employee Reviews

Okay
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Neosho, MOMay 26, 2018
The Managers seem like they care about themselves more than their employees, and seems like there is too much drama in the building. The team leader that I have is the best one out there.
Call Center
Consumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 21, 2018
Call volume can be high at times. Consumer comes first at all times.
Hardest part of the job would be having to take the back lash from the consumers when they are upset.
Pros
Lunch provided when mandatory overtime is in office
Cons
Short breaks, 30 minute lunches
Great place to work!
Manager, Public Relations and Social Media (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
Part of me wishes I had never left Newell. It was a great place to work. They care about their people and continually give you training to grow and develop. Company culture was fantastic, as they were constantly doing team building activities. Transparency during the town hall meetings was also a huge plus. If you have an opportunity to work there, go for it!
Takes great care of employees
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 14, 2018
Great place to work: training, benefits, and pay are great for the job roles. The company does a lot of restructuring through their acquisitions which can result in involuntary layoff.
Bad culture
Line Lead/ tow motor (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHMay 14, 2018
Gives benefit of doubt to foreigners but unforgivable to Americans. Management only concerned with production and not employees. Very low compensation for employees rushed training, have no concern for work life balance.
Pros
Factory open 24 hours
Cons
Poor wages
Newell
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2018
I worked with Newell Rubbermaid as a contractor. The work environment was very laid back and they allowed summer hours. Alot of people liked this freedom.
I loved working here
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHMay 11, 2018
There wasn't anything wrong with working here just unfortunate circumstances made me have to quit and they didn't want me to leave. I was a good worker
It was a nice environment to work in.
ORDER PULLER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
Hate that I had to leave. It was a really good company. They give goodie boxes certain time's of the year. They had employee appreciation day's. Company cook outs.
Productive work place
Irwin pack and h order Picker (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 8, 2018
It’s all depends upon you and your pace an development of work environment
Experience is a wonderful teacher also developing good characterstic
A mixture of different nationalities all of type of backgrounds
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Standing standstill
machine operator
Machine Operator-Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2018
it was a great job to work for the people are nice and they train you well and it a fast pace and you get a good pay raise when you learn a new machine keep you busy and the time go fast,
Pros
bring your lunch
Cons
15 min breaks
Unless you want to be stuck
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 1, 2018
Newell has turned in to a giggling girls call center. The do not want you to advance unless you are friends with Management. The manager in our particular department was not knowledgeable at all. Special arrangements were made for certain people.
Very interesting environment, good people
Operational Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 27, 2018
Day is fully utilized. Will be able to work cross functionally to accomplish tasks. Work Life balance is a challenge. Organization encourages independent thinkers and provides latitude to grow.
Pros
Company Store
Work place environment
Outbound Quality/Parcel Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAApril 26, 2018
Great team of leaders and associates, fun place to work. A lot of long hours and pay didn't match job expectations. Leaders where always involved in decision for site which was a great thing.
Pros
Great team of leaders and associates.
Cons
Low pay
Its not a good place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNApril 21, 2018
I feel that its not a good work place yhey do mot show the worker how to do there job they throw them in an just let u figuer it out. I asked to go to the rest room came back the one that was in charge that told me i could note "i been peeing blood" so i had to go as many times i could to help this problem but when i came bk bout 5 mins he let all the bags of markers fall all over the floor didnt even try to help me i was so agervated cause why ask if they was going to do that i seen NO TEAM i only seen for there self then said dont worry bout the machines i know they tell u awful stories but thats never happien. I was SHOCKED that these people they had leaden thats why newell brands cant keep workers then they talk bout drugs an i ant for that. I want a good team playen job somewhere i can make something of myself. An have good people i want an like to work for cause we know we are a good team players
Pros
Easy to get in looks like they hire anyone
Cons
Worse place to work
Good
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 21, 2018
Long hours and hard to understand the workers for training...need to speak better English. Very safe environment to work in and great team behind you!
Pros
Night shift
Cons
Stern but productive work place
Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 21, 2018
Newell brands was a good working environment for me. They are very productive, and leads and supervisers are very good with training they're employees.hours are great and the work is not so stressful.
No Comment
Warehouse Associate / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 19, 2018
Rubbermaid was a good place to work until they closed our local plant down and everyone lost their jobs. I would still be employed there if they would of stayed open!
Poor management
Accounting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
The company went through a huge merger, now selling half the business. Some teams are strictly 9-5 and some are more like 7:30 to 8 every night. It depends what department.
Pros
free snacks
Not worth it
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNApril 14, 2018
Easy to get hired, pass a hair follicle test and background check and you're in! Jobs are difficult and production based, usually paying 7.25hr. You can make 10-13 hr after getting good enough at job to make the high production quotas. Raises are lump sum based .25 times a estimated 2000 hrs. No cost of living raises whatsoever! Not one through 20yrs. Hot, nasty work. Only for the desperate
Pros
Vacation days, 401k
Cons
Insurance, working conditions and pay
stressful
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNApril 14, 2018
Management was hard to get along with. Stressful environment to work in. not understanding at all they only cared about the numbers at the end of the day
Pros
pay check
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newell Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.