Newell Brands Employee Reviews

Great products and team
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 19, 2018
Was given many opportunities to grow with a great team - learned several new skills and was given the chance to develop my team on multiple levels. Products are great also - who doesn't love Sharpies!
Good pay productive work
Forklift mechanic (Current Employee) –  Winchester VirginiaJuly 18, 2018
12-hour shifts nighttime and daytime good people to work for long hours lots of overtime steady work located in Winchester Virginia lots pay incentive
Terrible Senior Management with no clear direction forward
Division Manager, eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJuly 17, 2018
Newell is a company that grew too big too fast with no clear direction on how to get there. There is a culture of hiring your friends and only advancing based on who you know. There was no payout of bonuses even though eCommerce grew by 40%. Overall declining morale in the office for the past year.
Challenging and fun at times
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 17, 2018
I love my job. I take pride in my job and my work. Knowing I helped to put this product on store shelves makes me feel very rewarding. And working with a great group of people who aren't only your coworkers but family.
Pros
Free t-shirts, mother day gifts
Cons
Health care could be better. A bonus would be nice too show you are appropriated.
Good work place
Pallet jack operator (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great staff, OK Pay. Good safety practice. Overall Newell brands was a good working environment for me. They are very productive, and leads and supervisers are very good with training they're employees.hours are great and the work is not so stressful.
Fast paced environment with a calm setting.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
A usual day at work consist of a very strong team willing to work together to accomplish a common goal. Since I was one of the only two males at the time, my task often came with a shorter time to complete as well as more complicated due for various reasons such as the weight of the product and or its size. As for the management of this company, there were flaws beyond the buildings management the i feel trickled down to the employees. Although there were issues throughout the company, my co-workers and i were always ready to take on a challenge making the day run much smoother.
Pros
accessible fans
Cons
short breaks
Newell
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 13, 2018
Good money. Management sucks. They are not personable at all. I had a shift change and was given a small raise for it. Absolutely not worth it. Try somewhere else
Trainer
Safety Assistant/Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 12, 2018
Newell Rubbermaid was a great place to work and they gave me several opportunities for advancement. Management was a great team to work with. I would definitely work with them again
Excellent Place to Work
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winfield, KSJuly 11, 2018
Excellent benefits. Great work life balance. Organization strategically positioned for growth into the global economy. Can't say enough good things about the organization.
Pros
Competitive Pay
No room for advancement
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NC 27265July 11, 2018
The business is going downhill. I used to love this job. However, management is lacking in training. There is no leadership and they lack in caring. The only plus side to this job is the benefits.

If you are looking to move up in a company, this is not the company for you.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership
Great Company
Data Analyst - Packaging Engineering (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2018
Newell offers lots of team events to boost employee morale. Newell has the benefit of getting company discount and some are free after testing. Great
Pros
Free products
Cons
Healthcare
Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work for they work well with schedule and others. Friendly enviroment. Descent pay. Twelve hour shift. Over time is able to puck up but also can be mandated
fast paced production
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJuly 6, 2018
this building is the only one that does not have AC or Heat, you either burn up or freeze to death while working there. Very old building, this company has changed names over the years.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
no ac or heat
Quick paced, stressful work environment
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSJuly 3, 2018
Was often unable to keep up with the pace, especially when I first started. There was very little room for error, as any mistake often meant you needed to be replaced on the line and that slowed efficiency.
Pros
Free Popsicle.
Cons
Very hot, very fast environment
Enjoyed the people I worked with!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
A typical day was pretty flexible. I enjoyed the ability to manage my day. I learned a lot in Newell Brands about how to manage corporate behavior.Hardest part of my job was trying to maintain day to day direction from management. I did enjoy the flexibility of my work days.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2018
Newell is a good company to work for. The supervisors and hr staff are very nice and helpful. You can work at your own speed and pace and don’t have anyone telling you what to do
Pros
Work at own pace
Cons
Short breaks
Great advancements.
Warehouse/Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJune 25, 2018
Company was good at cross training through out the factory, also very willing to let you try a job you are interested in, to see if you can find your calling, that was beneficial to you and the company. the company allowed me a great opportunity and many great job experiences, through out the manufacturing floor and the warehouse/distribution center.
Pros
Good pay and advancements.
Cons
Hot inside during the summer.
Company in Transition
SAP FICO Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2018
Company is downsizing in order to improve the bottom line and streamline operations. Some of this is positive but some area pay a price in a loss of jobs.
No Longer in business in Goodyear AZ
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 22, 2018
Location closed. No longer in business in Goodyear Arizona. Building is vacant. Was at the time, a prominent employer and the warehouse was very well managed.
Great Company
Consumer Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 22, 2018
Great Culture and Great People. This was by far one of the best places I have been employed. The company is focused on the success of everyone and they do all they can to ensure employee happiness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newell Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight