Newfi Lending Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Junior Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 6, 2019
Company is no longer in business. Major marketing issues, processing delays, and paid terribly. Over promise and under deliver. It was a revolving door. The paid licensing promised was simply a dangling carrot.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay, management, growth, opportunities
I would avoid this place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 10, 2019
In order to comply with posting requirements here I will be brief. Run far away. This company does not negotiate in good faith. The CEO and a few managers appear to be super volatile and/or unstable. There is a reason they are always hiring. They have a reputation of litigating their customers and their staff. Its best not to engage.
Pros
Cons
They harass staff and work only with men
Meh
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CANovember 8, 2018
I've worked at better places. Company claims one thing but reality is another. They are going through growing pains, recently lost a co-founder. Stability is not their thing
Great products good technology.
Loan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CANovember 5, 2018
My time at Newfi was Enlightening. I received knowledge of the mortgage business and the owners have no clue how to communicate efficiently or respectfully. The mentality is very old school I'm the boss I don't have to treat you like a human. But if your fresh in the game I say have at it but don't expect to be treated like you matter.
Pros
Gym membership, good leads, decent pay, great products free lunch on fridays.
Cons
no room for growth. sovially awkward owner. I never got spoke too respectfully
Satisfied Employee
Sr. DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAOctober 17, 2018
I didn't work here for very long, but the experience was good. Management is very down to earth. The company was fairly new. There could have been more resources available for underwriters, but all in all one of the better morgage companies as far as work life balance is concerned.
Good work environment and teamwork
Processing Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 5, 2018
The best part of work was the fact that you are not micro managed. The branch were I worked had a great management team and every one had an open door policy.
Pros
Good employee relations
Great sales support
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 8, 2018
Newfi is an excellent environment for mortgage sales professionals to excel and succeed. The management team listens to everyone and takes quick action when changes are needed. They also focus on making sure that our product offering and price is consistently competitive, we have a lot to sell.
Pros
great support, good product mix, great pricing
Excellent place to work.
IT Manager/Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 12, 2018
I love the people at Newfi. It's definitely one of my top places to work. Plenty of chances to grow and learn. Management is awesome. The attitudes and the people that work here make it a swell place to be.
Pros
Casual Friday
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 12, 2018
Everyone here is mostly a team player and doesn't mind helping out / showing the ropes, which is super nice! You gotta be a team player here, as everyone plays an important role in the work flow.

It gets a little stressful at times, considering others might pass off their stack of work to you when you're busy. It gets hectic-- trying to balance your work, and then some. Its a typical 8-5, but you only have so much time to relax when you get home late...

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people! Friendly company makes the day fly by faster. You're also continuously learning throughout your time here, so it doesn't get too monotonous. Remember that communication is key when it comes to requesting PTO and getting things done!
Pros
Free lunch Fridays, bagels/donuts breakfast on other days, nap room, nice people
Cons
Traffic going home
Great Management and Co-Workers everyone is nice.
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Emeryville CAJuly 9, 2018
Leads provided for Loan Officers and it is up to the LO to secure the loan. Some leads are not credit worthy but they applied and we call. No way to control what comes in. Good Leads in between all calls.

Lunch is served every Friday with surprise Bagels and Doughnuts' for Breakfast.
Pros
Work life balance/ Accessable Management / Great environment
Cons
None that I have found
Great Atmosphere, Management
Database Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 5, 2018
The management team at Newfi is spectacular. They give you the tools you need to succeed. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding. Benefits are great, bank holidays and PTO are a plus.
Great Place to work, learn, and grow!
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 3, 2018
I learned so much working at Newfi. I personally doubled my production. The staff members all want you to succeed. They want to make sure that not only are you the employee happy and can voice opinions, but they want to make sure your clients are happy. Everyone is on the same page.
Pros
Open door policy, free lunch on Fridays, Great work and life balance
Cons
no free snacks
Great Support From Staff and Management
Senior Loan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 3, 2018
I had a great experience working at Newfi Lending. If it were not for personal reasons that limited my time and dedication, I would still be working there.

The management staff is supportive and cares greatly about the success of every individual on the team. With regards to their knowledge of finance and tech; head and shoulders above anyone else in the Fintech space.

I would recommend Newfi to anyone in the mortgage industry, regardless of their level of experience. If my personal situation changes, you will likely see me there again.
Pros
Excellent tech platform, free lunches, direct access to upper management
Cons
Only if you're not willing to work.
Great Company
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 29, 2018
I am very happy at NewFi. The culture is excellent. The Communication is excellent. Best Company I have ever worked for.... A true pleasure.
A typical Day at Work: Economic Reports, Follow up on Sales Leads, Make Appointments, Field Visits

What I learned: Systematic point of concentration to attain personal and business goals

Management: Innovative, Experienced, Professional, Caring

Workplace Culture: Excellent

The hardest part of the job: I have been an Account Executive for 25 years. Market Environment constantly changes. Not an issue. Keep informed

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Positive Informative Communication.
Pros
Communication and Expertise
Cons
Newfi is a good company to work for.
funder/doc drawer (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work is fun,relaxed and getting it done. Good people to work with. Management has great understanding,open door policy. The culture is great when you don't want to take time off because you enjoy your job and the people you work with!! Hardest part of my job is leaving everyday!!
Pros
Free lunch every Friday and bagels once a week, good people to work with
Great culture
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 26, 2018
More like a family than an employee - employer relationship. At times the environment is fast paced and changing, but that's to be expected with a small start up mortgage company. The culture is interactive and nimble.
Pros
Team members are empowered to contribute, large geographic territory and huge product set to sell
leads were poor
Loan Advisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 11, 2018
needs a more consistant marketing dept. at the time I worked there they were hiring a lot of people but apparently, they were not keeping up with aquiring enough leads to go around which caused many of the Loan officers to get only 2-3 lead calls a day .
Pros
positive and fast paced environment
Cons
leads were not so abundan
Negative Climate
REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 30, 2018
Unrealistic Expectations & No Appreciation of effort with equitable compensation.The management has created a culture where everyone worries about their jobs.
Pros
independence
Cons
compensation is minimal
Nice Work Place
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 12, 2018
Great place to work with a friendly environment. Sales training is always a priority with the company. Must have proper knowledge and sales experience to work on the floor. Company is willing to provide the platform to be successful.
Chaotic and not organized
Loan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 21, 2018
This seemed to be a new experiment. We were told we could qualify alternate options but the leads were all pretty much bad credit and behind on the mortgage. I think they were looking for a miracle worker. Anyone who speaks up about the leads gets terminated. Sound quality issues were constant as were recorded. Sales training was not relevant to deal with the issues at hand. The management is nice but the top order needs to change things if they want to be around a few months from now.
Pros
Open atmostphere, music
Cons
Continually being told to have meeting when trying to sell loans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newfi Lending. Our community is ready to answer.

Newfi Lending Reviews by Location