Newk's Eatery Employee Reviews

My Experience with working at Newk's
FOH Hourly Partner (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 10, 2019
its an okay place to work. & is better than the last job I worked for. Atmosphere is good & got along with other workers ok. I learned how to work better with other people. Sometimes, work seems slow more at night than the day.
Not so good work place
Cook | Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 9, 2019
I would not recommend this job to anyone. The general manager in the McGowin Park location, was an awful manager. He did not care about his team members and the very important personal things that went on outside of work.
Great atmosphere
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 6, 2019
I enjoy the work I do at Newk's Eatery. As long as everyone does their part and works as a team a typical work day is quite smooth. Once I became accustomed to my job I did pretty well.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
Very few off days/down time
Fun
Runner (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 5, 2019
Worked in the front, so I took peoples orders along with answering the phone. Also ran food out to waiting customers. Was pretty good, however again they would not with my school schedule due to being in band, so, I had to quit in order to continue band and school.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No breaks, lots of doubles
productive and keeps you busy
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2019
I personally liked the people at Newks only. The job itself was horrible. I feel like I did not get paid enough at Newks. You only get 4 hours at Newks, so if you are in High School and want a part time job then yes Newks is good for you. For adults, it's like living from pay check to pay check.
A great first job
Sandwich and Pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 30, 2019
Newk's was my first ever job. When I arrived I was kind of awkward and very nervous cause who wants to mess up on their first day. And I made a lot of new friends and the managers were fun.
Pros
Discount on anything
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2019
The only reason I'm leaving is because I need better pay. The staff is excellent and the customers are very nice for the most part. Managers are understanding and fun, but everyone gets their work done!
Pros
Great coworkers and managers, pay is good for high schoolers
Cons
Not enough pay for college students working part-time
Good for a part time job and great location if you live in the city
Food Prep - Expo - Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2019
This was a great job for me to get back on my feet because it's a pretty straight forward an easy job to do. I wouldn't recommend it long term but it's a great first job or somewhere to work if you need to supplement your income.
Pros
Plenty of hours and multiple locations
Cons
No benefits, low pay
A good job working with fun people
Dinning Room Attendant/ Sandwich Cook (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 24, 2019
Working for Newks also allowed me to grow with my customer service skills. I improved tremendously with my communication skills and can work with others very effectively.
Good Place to Work
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 20, 2019
Good place to work. I am disappointed the franchise close in Rock Hill. Great co-workers. Met a lot of people doing community reach. Flexible schedule.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
Fun staff but poor management
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 20, 2019
Newk's is usually a pretty cool place to work but recently the management has gone downhill. If you can get around the fact that the GM doesn't really know whats she's doing half the time then you should have no problem working there
Pros
50% discount
Cons
late scheduling, poor managementFun staff
Food Preparation/Trainer
Food Preparation Worker/Trainer (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMarch 19, 2019
Clock in at 7 AM & Pull soups out, stock Grab and Go
Start to preform tasks on task sheet
Ready self for Product truck
Restock Grab and Go again

How to Prep food and serve food

Hardest part of the job is having to wash your hands all the time and drying my hands out, not being able to wear makeup daily

The most enjoyable part is getting to be with co workers
Pros
Free lunch occasionally
Cons
no breaks
Ughh
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 19, 2019
It was okay at first but then you realize that your managers don't really care about you. It was incidents where one of the managers but their hands on a female (more than once) and pointed a knife at somebody, did he get fired, NO the female did.
Pros
50% discount on food
Exciting place to work
Host/Busser and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 17, 2019
I like working at Newks! Meeting all types of different people! They had regular customers that came every day and you knew them by name! On Sundays the church's would come and eat there!
Pros
You got discount lunch
Cons
Didn't have time for breaks because of the lunch rush
I was promoted from cashier to shift lead in only five months time.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 15, 2019
I was a highly motivated leader. I made sure that all surfaces and stations were clean and organized. Managed team meeting before shift. I managed complaints over the phone and in person. I fixed any customer problems professionally and made customers feel appreciated.
Loved
BOH Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2019
Previously worked with company and i loved every second of it i gained a lot of experience within this company helping me become more professional at my work
It just wasnt for me
Employee (Former Employee) –  Excellent LocationMarch 9, 2019
I will give them a 5 star since they meant well but it was just not the job for me. I have been in another field for over 10 years and I was just not comfortable in this field. I know the company means well and my issues were me, and not them. They did what they could to keep me with them but it is just not the job for me.
Pros
They mean well
Cons
Just not the job for me.
Stressful working with poor management
employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 28, 2019
Gm acts like the fuhrer and makes you pity the other managers. Managers Constantly check labor costs and cut workers who arent swamped with work that very second that they see them, so its common to only work an hour a day if your a server. The constant labor cutting leads to increased stress on the jobs that they cant cut and then everybody including the managers are swamped with work whenever theres a 1000 dolar hour.
Pros
5$ discount once per day, they will work with your schedule more so than any other place ive worked at.
Cons
poor management, lousy pay, barely any room for promotion
Meeks
Front of House Server (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR 72116February 27, 2019
Your are not properly trained before you are on the floor . Other associates will just correct your wrong doings without giving you proper knowledge of to do task
Pros
Great place to work and great atmosphere
Pizza and Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKFebruary 25, 2019
Newk's is a fun place to work. If you are a people person this job would fit you just fine. Most of the time your days off are together which is great because you can do something outside of work and relax. Managers are nice and helpful. Other employees are nice as well.
Pros
Discount food if working, great hours, great atmosphere
Cons
not sure really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newk's Eatery. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight