Newk's Eatery Employee Reviews

exciting and fast paced work environment
Catering Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 20, 2018
Hours are easy to come by as long as you do your job. most other employees are nice and easy to get along with. The main downside is moving up in the company is a huge struggle, no matter if you voice your concerns or not.
Newks
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I worked for Newks for four years and while I was here I had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people. I did not like my hours, schedule, or how things were ran.
Pros
Health care
Cons
no break, meals. etc.
Temporary
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2018
Eat at Newks all the time. Wanted to earn a little extra $ for some bills. Unfortunately trying to work a stressful 40 hour a week job and an additional 20 was too much. But learn a lot in the short time I was there.
Pros
1/2 priced meals
Cons
None that I can tihink of in my short time
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Newk's is a pretty good place to work. Clean environment, face paced helps keep you busy. At the time of my employment, the hiring manager was amazing. She ran that store better than any that followed after her transfer.
Face pace. Quick learning. Fun place to work if you get your job done
Chef (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALSeptember 16, 2018
On a typical day at work its very fast pace sometimes its stressful. Management is cool as long as you get your job done. Newks culture is all about working together to make each other look good. Hardest part of the job is when people dont want to help each other out and it falls on one person.
Pros
5 dollars off unless you're a manager. managers eat free.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
I really love the job the manager corey picks on certain people he let the employee say what they wanted he chooses sides even when the person is wring just because some one has beeb there longer
Relaxed fun enviorment`
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Canton, GASeptember 14, 2018
By far the most "fun" job ive had. The enviorment is nice, the people are nice, the food is quality!
the pay is quite terrible and probably more suited towards highschool children, or people like me who just enjoy getting away from the house while earning a little extra income!
Relaxed and understanding workplace.
Certified Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Right off the bat working at Newk's Eatery I left welcomed and embraced by the staff and managers. Working there was a enjoyable to be able to interact with so many different people unfortunately not all those people are fun to interact with. Would work there again if one opens up near me.
Pros
Flexible management
Cons
Short staffed occasionally
A nice family enviroment
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I learn with Newks patience and determination to get my job done. we are short alot and eveyrday i have to think of new ways to make sure me and my empoylees get the job done without stress each other out. I let me team know we are all in this together and we will get through it as a team and I am always there to help them.
Pros
Free lunch meals, having the weekends off
Cons
Not having enough staff but it happens
horrible
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 9, 2018
very poor hypocritical managment. very bad on favoring employees. lack of professional management. very loose on rules. and lacked in advancement or promotions. very bad.
Great
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farragut, TNSeptember 5, 2018
This place is a very good place to work. I love meeting new customers everyday and performing actions to accommodate their needs. I plan on staying at newks for a long time.
Pros
Social environment, fair work
Cons
Not enough hours
laid back and hands on
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 2, 2018
While working at Newks I was a contributing factor in many different positions. I was mainly a dish washer where I was responsible for cleaning and maintaining regulations at a quick speed to ensure the customers satisfaction. I would also help the prep team when they needed assistance. As they would help the catering portion of our restaurant and prepare food for the store as a whole, I would lend a helping hand on a daily basis so the work load was consistent. Finally, I would be asked to interact with customers by bussing tables, taking orders and helping those eating in our establishment in any way I could.
Newk’s Eatery Is A Fancy restaurant
Salad chef (Former Employee) –  Bunker Hill, TXAugust 31, 2018
Newks is a different restaurant for all different types of culture. The food is awesome, I loved the discounts , and most of all I loved my job position.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
No breaks
Great work life/personal life balance.
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 31, 2018
Wonder brand with a great menu that satisfies customer demand. Solid restaurant operators. Positive company culture based on quality and guest satisfaction.
Great people to work with, challenging, and keeps you on your toes
CATERING DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 30, 2018
One skill that I have learned since being here was how to build sales.
I had never been in a sales position before, and it isn't as easy as one might think. You really have to keep at it and always thinking of different tactics.

I've gained a lot of professional relationships while being here that have only enhanced my skills.

Overall, a great experience!
Lack of communication
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2018
Working as a Catering Coordinator for Newk's i knew what was expected b/c i had done that role before with Newk's. But new investors had taken over an they were more catering sales focused than in-house restaurant sales. I had little help each day. I was expected to help get sales, produce orders, stage orders, ring out orders, delivery orders, write up order for customers etc every day all while not going into overtime an try to get an keep an $8k a week goal.
Productive workplace
Cashier/Server/Expediter/Salad (Former Employee) –  Mountain Brook, ALAugust 23, 2018
A typical day working at Newk's varies on if it's slow or busy. Of course slower days are more relaxed and busier days are can be stressful. Working here taught me patience, communication is key, and how to work at a fast pace without stressing myself out. Management could be a little better with communication but overall they are understanding and reliable. The most enjoyable part of this job is creating a bond and working together with coworkers.
Stressful and bad pay
Server/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 20, 2018
Newks is great food wise but the work environment is stressful and some managers are lazy and barely help other employees. Good for a teenage job but not enough pay to support yourself on your own. The schedules is randomly chosen and I had to remind a manager several times to reschedule a day off to go to my graduation and they still kept scheduling me for that day. They are not flexible and they are very strict. If you are a runner you on very rare occasions get tips.
Pros
Discount on food, nice coworkers, breaks for long shifts
Cons
Bad pay, inflexible, strict, terrible scheduling, lazy management, bad training
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 19, 2018
It was a great experience & fun to work with others as a team/group . It was a very lesson learn at Newk’s taught how to work in a friendly environment and have great customer service .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
The life at Newk's..
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 15, 2018
I really loved working for Newk's. You build a relationship with customers. Coworkers are good to work with it. But the TOP management is horrible! Very negative and toxic.
Smile in your face and tell you how good of a job your doing but talk trash the moment you are gone. No matter how much you do for them you'll never be appreciated!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newk's Eatery. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight