Newmark Knight Frank

Newmark Knight Frank Employee Reviews

Good place to work Good Co-workers Complete Project Management work Experience in CRE Division
Only the brokers matter to them and operations doesn’t know how to manage. They don’t utilize skills they hire people for and waste resources on useless tasks. I was literally called away from my desks for things that were either below my skillset or not my job at all (IT) stuff. Not a great place for recent graduates. Anyone they said progressed through the company only amounted to a director of operations or doing something in leasing after 10 plus years. Management complained of being overworked but they spent the least amount of time in the office. Frequently long coffee breaks, left the office for hours randomly, wouldn’t show up until 11:00 am and wondered why they were so busy...it’s because they never showed up to work. Benefits and 401K are useless as well.
Pros
Cons
Everything - don’t waste your time here
Good company. I really enjoyed working with Newmark, although on a client account. The environment overall was very good, and laid back. Pay was very good.
Title says it all, everyone is nice but your not going to grow much as there isn't really much to do at the job. No one is interested in advancing themselves.
Out of many CRE firms I have been employed with, Newmark is just ok. Benefits are mediocre—expensive health insurance, no 401k match, good PTO and holiday allowance—didn't treat employees great during the pandemic though. Laid off a ton of people and furloughed a bunch more, everyone else took pay cuts (we were at 15% reduction, all of 2020). Management is kind of all over the place and there wasn't a lot of growth. BUT, before the pandemic, the people and the office were great. Tons of great, fun people to work with and lots of office events and camaraderie. Fun place to work and the office was really nice. In my opinion, it definitely depends on where you work and who you work with in this company. Definitely a great place to be for a short time but wouldn't consider this a forever employer (for me). I have since left.
Pros
Fun colleagues, nice office, some flexibility with work/life balance
Cons
Expensive benefits, no 401k match, slow growth, poor pandemic response
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I have been working here since 2019 and loved it ever since. They care a lot for their employees and are flexible with you with especially if something comes up with your children
Pros
Free lunches and great company parties
Cons
Work life balance could be a bit better
This is a good job for a young, entry-level professional that wants to grow in their real estate career, or for a person has a basic understanding of their market and wants to learn more by helping a large brokerage company.
Run and don't look back! Whatever you're offered will not be worth it. Poor upper management, compensation is awful and career growth is nonexistent.
Pros
Cons
No advancement, management is out of touch, compensation is terrible.
Great company overall. Enjoyed the people and the work environment. Managers were organized and upfront. Benefits are not that great, high deductibles
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No culture
Every man for himself mentality. Management offered no support. Managers consistently bid low fees on complex assignments. They are still working on creating the template software and database from scratch, so there are a lot of bugs and crashes that make each assignment take at least twice as long. HR blatantly ignores emails.
Cons
No 401k match, high premiums for medical benefits
You are able to get your work done in a fashionable manner without people constantly breathing down your neck, but if a problem is to appear there are plenty of people willing to help you understand the issue.
Pros
The team, workplace environment, location.
Cons
None that come to mind.
Productive and professional workplace offering a wide range market services and expertise from property management, marketing, and public relations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Nothing worth commenting on. To each is own in deciding on a place to work. I don’t believe every experience will be the same. Therefore, one should seek to know for oneself.
At the beginning it seem like a great place to work. I was hired for NYC office . Started in Irvine , CA ,where the Finance and Payroll Dept . is located so was my supervisor. After two weeks of training on Oracle HCN cloud based payroll, which interfaces with ADP E -time for tracking hours and attendance ,i was back to NYC. Well, after returning to NYC office when i was just about to settle down , Newmark went thru a reorganization and moved my position to Irvine ,California..... at least that's the story i was given in writing. NYC office environment was very good, I was looking forward to develop and continue my professional carreer there! But some times things happens in business...we all need to move on.
Pros
Cons
No comment.
Working at the Pittsburgh office of Newmark Knight Frank is like working with family. As long as it wasn't abused, hours during the day were flexible.
The Pittsburgh office of Newmark Knight Frank is a family. I worked in this office for nearly 36 years (4 years were spent with another company) and grew up with a large number of the employees in this office. Average tenure for nearly half of those in my immediate department is 35 years. As long as time wasn't abused, there was flexibility and understanding if traffic slowed your commute, etc.
NGKF was a fairly new company to the area where I lived. They are very respectful of thier employees and have a good sustained commitment to meeting goals for vendors and employees
The culture was one of a kind. It was like a family. All the brokers respected you as an individual and worked best to find the proper fit for you in the multifamily landscape.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Clarity in your day to day duties
The Help Desk mgr is the worst mgr I’ve ever worked with. He’s hostile plays favoritism and sets you up to fail. This is definitely a hostile working environment and would never recommend it!
Really and truly this is a place just for a paycheck, at least Newmark Knight Frank Multifamily Florida. Hostile environment, unrealistic deadlines and poor use of employee strengths and skills. Also, lots of Micromanaging.
Utilitarian workplace not a lot of opportunity for advancement or personal growth. Micro management. Strict hours no flexibility. Unpaid overtime.Not very open to new ideas.