Newmont Mining Employee Reviews

Very productive work environment Everyone is out there to help everyone else succeed. Everyone on my crew is friendly and always helpful.
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Canyon, NVSeptember 16, 2018
I love my job! I wouldn't trade it for the world! I work with the best A crew ever! HR, safety, benefits department, just everyone in general is wonderful toi work with!!!!!
Pros
Everyone is there to help you succeed when you don't think you can.
Cons
Blue Room Portapotties! Wish we had brick and morter toilets out in the pit.
Hard to advance and grow
GOVERNANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2018
Newmont has great benefits but not competitive to that in Denver. Middle Management makes decisions not in the best interest of their employees. Development and training, professional growth, are not priorities for Newmont Senior Leadership. Decisions are made slowly, with lack of consideration for middle to entry level positions.
Pros
Erg
Cons
Middle management
Great Place to Work.
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2018
Good people, good work around the globe, attention to safe work sites and practice

Multi-cultural work environment. They value their employees and provide global opportunities for development and advancement.
Pros
Progressive Company.
Cons
None.
Productive, Detailed, Safe, fun
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Twin Creeks Mining, Galconda, NVAugust 19, 2018
My experience with Newmont Mining corporation was amazing. As chemical Engineer i was able to get more experience in the field and work in their explosives department. With safe practices and detailed plans/communication our team of 6 members were able to fill and clear 1000+ drilled holes in a full shift. I learned the reason for certain safety practices as well as working with material that will gave me more of an understanding of how it works in my career field.
Pros
great lunch break, working outside, great pay and benifits
Cons
high temperatures, working with hazardous materials
Decent mining company but there is still more focus on production that development or innovation
Senior Mining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elko County, NVAugust 16, 2018
There is lots of training opportunities here. However it is a fast paced high production environment. Because of the high focus on production I found the work place environment to be more short term focused and highly reactionary. Due to the reactionary environment there is a tendency to stick with what is known to work and a reluctance to innovate. The high production environment also seemed to favor those who visibly worked overtime for advancement.

The engineering team here tends to be fairly young which can make it a fun place to work, and the benefits and vacation where above average. When I started there was an above average percentage of female managers in my department. However by the time I left there was a below average number of females in the department.

The hardest, and most enjoyable aspect of the job was adapting to the daily challenges and working with a wide variety of stakeholders from all different types of background. This job honed my communication and team building skills.
Pros
Vacation and training oppurtunities
Cons
long hours, expected to work overtime to advance
Awesome place to work. With great people and great management.
Underground Operations (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 16, 2018
Very good company. I approve and respect everyone and everything they have going on in the company and environment. They're safety guidelines and culture make for a great work place.
Pros
Great pay
Great Place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carlin, NVJuly 27, 2018
Great place to work, great people that work there, good pay, and benefits. Too much office politics and don't advance personnel that deserve to be promoted.
Great company
On Job Trainer/Compliance (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVJuly 2, 2018
Newmont is a great company. I wouldn't leave them if it was closer to my family. They are very competitive with wages and benefits. They give you opportunity to grow.
Senior Environmental Monitoring Tech (Former Employee) –  Golconda, NVJune 16, 2018
Mon-Thursday work days 10 hour days. 8 hours in the field most day very little time in office. Management at the time was for himself other than that other management was great,
Pros
work place
Cons
No advancement
Great Company
AP Technician (Current Employee) –  COJune 3, 2018
They pay well for good workers. I have gained job skills that I can use from now on. I enjoy my co workers, the job itself is good, a little high-pressured but not too much.
Pros
great pay and great benefits
Cons
Commute time
Great
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Oasis, NVMay 24, 2018
Newmont is a great company to work for, can not beat the benefits and paid time off. You do work a rotating schedule. which is the 5/4 alternating between days and nights
Pros
Benefits, days off
Cons
nothing really
All about safety
Haul Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 9, 2018
safe and efficient operation of equipment to get projects done in a timely manner. moving dirt and reshaping the landscape to get the gold out of the pit
Pros
extended days off, worked only half the month, great benefits and pay
Cons
long work days, sittling in the haul truck all day. job gets monotonous
safety is done everyday..
IT Enduser Support /Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVMay 8, 2018
The environment was fully safety compliant all the time. That was a constant every day. And, the contractor position was well compensated. I was very happy to work at the facility and some very smart tech personnel.
Great Company
Direct Charge Buyer/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVApril 18, 2018
Great company to work for. Easy to work for, and they try to promote there employees. If you want to learn, they will give you opportunity to learn. Communication, like most company's needs work
Good
Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVApril 16, 2018
Employed for over 27 years,good benefits,transportation to and from work. Able to learn other jobs if you want to. Long hours away from home. You work a month of days then a month or nights
Great people, great place to work
Surface and underground miner (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVApril 13, 2018
A job where you can support your family and feel valuable. The management is fair and the safety culture is top notch. There is also room for advancement and the training for such is in house and done well
Pros
Pay
Cons
Elko nevada
Inclusive culture at responsible Fortune 500 company
Sustainability Reporting Intern (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 10, 2018
I have been truly impressed by Newmont's committment to responsible mining. Not only do they promote it as a value, but they fulfill it in all that they do. The culture is highly inclusive and almost anyone is willing to make the time to meet with interns to discuss opportunities and their experience. The company is committed to being an industry leader and continuing to grow in the best way possible that provides benefits to the employees, the communities in which it mines, and the planet.
Safe and Superb Gold Mine
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 24, 2018
Working here was a really good experience. I met a lot of individuals from all types of cultures. I was put in an area that admired safety. The hardest part of the job was mostly the heat. Stay Hydrated.
good company to work for.
Hydraulic Shovel Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVFebruary 20, 2018
I would recommend newmont to anyone, was a great place to work. stresses safety over all that we did there. Mining can be dangerous by nature, the company does their very best to mitigate all hazards. The hours could be long but the people I met there were awesome.
Pros
safety culture, people, and work that required a certain amount of skill.
Cons
hours could be long, sometimes sacrificed family time for the job.
Great pay and benefits just a few issues like anywhere else
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cripple Creek, COFebruary 19, 2018
I really liked working there the pay and benefits are great. I had a few issues with some of my two faced co workers but that's everywhere you work. Its very fast paced and numbers driven which creates an environment where no one wants to help anyone else because it will negatively affect their production numbers. One co worker in particular would be all smiles and tell me I was doing good and then go to the shift manager and complain. Management kinda tried to help sort of but I repeatedly asked ways I could improve and was always told I would figure it out myself which was very frustrating. I was also talked to because I was too quiet which caught me by surprise but when no one wants to help you and a co worker is constantly talking bad about you behind your back its not easy just chatting away with everyone. All issues aside it was a cool job and I would definitely recommend working for them.
Pros
Pay & Benefits package was great!
Cons
12 hour shifts and rotating schedule was rough