Newmont Mining Employee Reviews

Big company good pay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVJanuary 4, 2019
Newmont is a good company to work for. There lots of departments to work for from labor, survey, Equipment operating, and underground. The insurance is pretty decent.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Roatating shifts
I worked there to earn being vested. I liked the company, never got vested though.
Heavy Equipment Operator / Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVDecember 12, 2018
The company itself is outstanding and a good encouraging way for making a fair, financial future. It is a gold mining company. The company is a good company to work for. I liked the people I worked with and I have been in the construction industry for a lot of years. I have seen a lot of different characters in this trade of employment. Newmont is a good company to work for, An employee can earn a good living.

BUT I have never been a part of a crew that had the Foreman I had for the first two and one half to three years.
This is a different matter of fact. A BIG difference.
I have nothing positive or encouraging at all to talk about when it comes to that particular person and his immediate, inexperienced to lead people, crew lead man.

I have definite reason for knowing I can say those words.

Enough said.................
Pros
401 K, satisfied with company and the wage earned.
Cons
Favoritism.
a typical day
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVDecember 10, 2018
Stress full and watch your back.
Numerous management changes
Not enough time in the day to do job as required
Numerous parts issues
schedules too tight
favoritism
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Micro-managed
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlin, NVNovember 8, 2018
Good place to work! Great benifits, and heat location! Good for some one that wants to learn how to run equipment as they’ll take the time to train the right person for the job!
competitive pay and benefits
Process Operator/ Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 7, 2018
newmont is a great place to work. The work culture is all about safety. The pay is great along with the benefits. At times there is opportunity to take a class for somethings.
Pros
competivie wages and benefits
Cons
cut throat.
Decent benefits
Carbon Handling Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVNovember 3, 2018
Decent benefits, less than stellar work environment. Policies that conflict with federal HIPAA laws, and that frequently change. Preference shown for relatives of those in positions of authority.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
poor work environment
Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 2, 2018
Nice place to work and newmont gives its employees the chance to grow. They provide career development and believe in inclusion and diversity. They also have competitive benefits
Benefits
Cons
Short break
Safe work environment
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Victor, CO 80860October 23, 2018
Safety of All Mine employees is the #1 priority. Huge supporter of the local communities and employees. Committed to mining in an ethical and sustainable manner.
Review
Operator (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 20, 2018
Pays the bills and a good way to provide for you family. Enjoyed working hard and yes you an climb if you work hard here. Gave me a good opportunity and a high paying career.
Very productive work environment Everyone is out there to help everyone else succeed. Everyone on my crew is friendly and always helpful.
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Canyon, NVSeptember 16, 2018
I love my job! I wouldn't trade it for the world! I work with the best A crew ever! HR, safety, benefits department, just everyone in general is wonderful toi work with!!!!!
Pros
Everyone is there to help you succeed when you don't think you can.
Cons
Blue Room Portapotties! Wish we had brick and morter toilets out in the pit.
Hard to advance and grow
GOVERNANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2018
Newmont has great benefits but not competitive to that in Denver. Middle Management makes decisions not in the best interest of their employees. Development and training, professional growth, are not priorities for Newmont Senior Leadership. Decisions are made slowly, with lack of consideration for middle to entry level positions.
Pros
Erg
Cons
Middle management
Great Place to Work.
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2018
Good people, good work around the globe, attention to safe work sites and practice

Multi-cultural work environment. They value their employees and provide global opportunities for development and advancement.
Pros
Progressive Company.
Cons
None.
Productive, Detailed, Safe, fun
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Twin Creeks Mining, Galconda, NVAugust 19, 2018
My experience with Newmont Mining corporation was amazing. As chemical Engineer i was able to get more experience in the field and work in their explosives department. With safe practices and detailed plans/communication our team of 6 members were able to fill and clear 1000+ drilled holes in a full shift. I learned the reason for certain safety practices as well as working with material that will gave me more of an understanding of how it works in my career field.
Pros
great lunch break, working outside, great pay and benifits
Cons
high temperatures, working with hazardous materials
Decent mining company but there is still more focus on production that development or innovation
Senior Mining Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elko County, NVAugust 16, 2018
There is lots of training opportunities here. However it is a fast paced high production environment. Because of the high focus on production I found the work place environment to be more short term focused and highly reactionary. Due to the reactionary environment there is a tendency to stick with what is known to work and a reluctance to innovate. The high production environment also seemed to favor those who visibly worked overtime for advancement.

The engineering team here tends to be fairly young which can make it a fun place to work, and the benefits and vacation where above average. When I started there was an above average percentage of female managers in my department. However by the time I left there was a below average number of females in the department.

The hardest, and most enjoyable aspect of the job was adapting to the daily challenges and working with a wide variety of stakeholders from all different types of background. This job honed my communication and team building skills.
Pros
Vacation and training oppurtunities
Cons
long hours, expected to work overtime to advance
Awesome place to work. With great people and great management.
Underground Operations (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 16, 2018
Very good company. I approve and respect everyone and everything they have going on in the company and environment. They're safety guidelines and culture make for a great work place.
Pros
Great pay
Great Place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carlin, NVJuly 27, 2018
Great place to work, great people that work there, good pay, and benefits. Too much office politics and don't advance personnel that deserve to be promoted.
Great company
On Job Trainer/Compliance (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVJuly 2, 2018
Newmont is a great company. I wouldn't leave them if it was closer to my family. They are very competitive with wages and benefits. They give you opportunity to grow.
Senior Environmental Monitoring Tech (Former Employee) –  Golconda, NVJune 16, 2018
Mon-Thursday work days 10 hour days. 8 hours in the field most day very little time in office. Management at the time was for himself other than that other management was great,
Pros
work place
Cons
No advancement
It's Newmont
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlin, NVJune 8, 2018
Just one part of the vast Newmont network. You are a number, not a person. If you are okay with that, its a great job. If you like a bit of acknowledgement maybe its not the place for you.
Great Company
AP Technician (Current Employee) –  COJune 3, 2018
They pay well for good workers. I have gained job skills that I can use from now on. I enjoy my co workers, the job itself is good, a little high-pressured but not too much.
Pros
great pay and great benefits
Cons
Commute time