Newmont Mining

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Open-minded management, good pay, and compassionate environment.

Pros1. Competitive pay structure with benefits2. Growth mindset3. Right amount of autonomy 4. Emphasis on training5. Compassionate cultureCons1. Slow work culture as opposed to tech culture2. Frequent organizational restructuring

Even though it was a demanding job, the culture on site makes it bearable

Great company where personal growth is en encouraged and celebrated. Even though the work as an engineer is demanding, the people culture makes it bearable. Working with the different departments (esp operations) can be challenging since the department is more production driven

Pros

Healthcare, great benefits, bonuses

Cons

Work life balance, since work is on situated in remote location

Productive workplace

Newmont is a fun place to work because their safety culture is second to none. There is an inclusive atmosphere at work where everyone freely expresses his/her opinion. Processes are sometimes too bureaucratic though.

Pros

Solid safety culture

Cons

Bureaucratic processes

Production over people

I found the people to be the best and worst thing about the place. On the one hand, I made friends that I remain in regular contact with long after leaving the company. on the other hand, I found some of the permanent staff in my department would nark on people immediately instead of having a simple conversation on the correct action for that job and they would do it all for like an extra 3-5% on their safety KPI's. There's a lot of unnecessary meetings, I found management's open-door policy was really just a saying to look like they cared. I would work here again only for the fact that it was close to Perth.

Pros

The people

Cons

Poor management culture

Excelente

Excelente calidad y ambiente de trabajo, buenas políticas.

Pros

Buenas prestaciones

Cons

Ninguna

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Just Like Working in a Kindergarten

They treat their workers as if they were children. Everything is monitored, there are cameras everywhere, including in the mobile equipment. People are micro-managed to the point where they are too frightened to even make an on the spot decision about anything, no matter how trivial.There's an old saying that if you treat people like idiots for long enough, eventually, they will act like idiots. That's exactly what happened to most of the people I worked with at Newmont. They were so beaten down by the work culture that most of them were incapable of doing anything without getting on a 2-way radio and getting permission from a supervisor.

Pros

Good work roster, permanent rooms, free health cover.

Cons

Toxic work environment.

Great Crews/Terrible Management

Great crews to work with, the management is rife with nepotism. During my interview I asked about the work culture, they said they are trying to change it. However, the lower level/mid-management is very oblivious to behaviors that contribute to worker dissatisfaction and high turnover in the weld group. They don't tell you they want someone who is a mechanic. They expect you to have your own tools for working on the mine trucks. I didn't know this until after I started.

Plein d'avantage

Avantages sur le plan professionnel et salarial car société de production minière.

Pros

Rénumération

Cons

Conditions de travail

Excelente empresa

Excelente empresa con oportunidades para crecer profesionalmente.

Greatful

I Love my job at Newmont, great company. I enjoyed the work environment. Good people, safe work place. I wish they continue in Carlin Nevada. I would continue my job with company if offered.

Well-run company with a long record of success

The people that make up Newmont are truly the company's competitive advantage globally. Lots of room to advance, learn new things, and contribute in a meaningful way.

Respectful workplace

Workplace culture was excellent as there was respect among one another. Most managers had an open door policy which was helpful. They presented themselves as colleagues which made the working quite easy.

Great people

Excellent work atmosphere and team oriented environment. Cooperative and inclusive departments and cross-collaboration between different units of the business.

Productive environment to work in

Everyone is supportive as well as the management. The working environment encourages multicultural diversity and inclusiveness. The climatic conditions can be extreme.

drive in out for local people.

being able to drive in an out every day is awesome. learnt a lot about people and mining. was able to increase my experiences with other machines. camp had good food pleasant atmosphere.

Good

Everybody got along the safety culture was good the managers make sure everything was in place for when we got there if there’s any safety issues they made sure to correct them they were on top of the main sewer equipment and I’m top of treating employees very good

Great Company

Newmont Mining is a great company to work for, filled with accomplished, driven, and friendly people. With offices all around the globe get to meet many people from other nations and backgrounds.

Leerrijke werk omgeving, veilige werkplek hoog in het faandel

Ik heb meer geleerd over het processing, management en safety cultuur binnen the organisatie.

Operation

Great job for me . Kinda of miss it did loader operation, drills & bolsters I had a lot of fun an work went fast cause I liked it so much also trained a lot of people for different jobs an that was great also people need to be trained to watch the dangers of being underground

Great people and a awesome place to learn new skills. The camp is very good with excellent food. I have very much enjoyed my time at the musselwhite mine site.

High performing

Great opportunities and culture. Very smart people and good ways to develop with projects and connections across the globe. Culture is very driven from the top.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newmont Mining. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight