Newmont Mining

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Certian clicks that if you dont fit in they make it dificult to work there (highschool drama)

High-school drama. The days off are nice but the almost stretch it to long so you don't want to come back to work. And the MTC scholarship is wonderful for the students at the college. It's a good program just alot of entitled employees running around out there.

Pros

Good money, 5 days on 4 days off.

Cons

Short breaks, crotchity old men, 12 hour days

Great Company

They pay well for good workers. I have gained job skills that I can use from now on. I enjoy my co workers, the job itself is good, a little high-pressured but not too much.

Pros

great pay and great benefits

Cons

Commute time

Great

Newmont is a great company to work for, can not beat the benefits and paid time off. You do work a rotating schedule. which is the 5/4 alternating between days and nights

Pros

Benefits, days off

Cons

nothing really

All about safety

safe and efficient operation of equipment to get projects done in a timely manner. moving dirt and reshaping the landscape to get the gold out of the pit

Pros

extended days off, worked only half the month, great benefits and pay

Cons

long work days, sittling in the haul truck all day. job gets monotonous

Good

Employed for over 27 years,good benefits,transportation to and from work. Able to learn other jobs if you want to. Long hours away from home. You work a month of days then a month or nights

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Inclusive culture at responsible Fortune 500 company

I have been truly impressed by Newmont's committment to responsible mining. Not only do they promote it as a value, but they fulfill it in all that they do. The culture is highly inclusive and almost anyone is willing to make the time to meet with interns to discuss opportunities and their experience. The company is committed to being an industry leader and continuing to grow in the best way possible that provides benefits to the employees, the communities in which it mines, and the planet.

Great Organization

Great place to work. The management team is professional. The benefits and overall culture is inline at all levels. I took part as a lead in the Mill Maintenance/Process Maintenance Dept. during start-up of the new hygrade mill.

Great pay and benefits just a few issues like anywhere else

I really liked working there the pay and benefits are great. I had a few issues with some of my two faced co workers but that's everywhere you work. Its very fast paced and numbers driven which creates an environment where no one wants to help anyone else because it will negatively affect their production numbers. One co worker in particular would be all smiles and tell me I was doing good and then go to the shift manager and complain. Management kinda tried to help sort of but I repeatedly asked ways I could improve and was always told I would figure it out myself which was very frustrating. I was also talked to because I was too quiet which caught me by surprise but when no one wants to help you and a co worker is constantly talking bad about you behind your back its not easy just chatting away with everyone. All issues aside it was a cool job and I would definitely recommend working for them.

Pros

Pay & Benefits package was great!

Cons

12 hour shifts and rotating schedule was rough

High compensation/low satisfaction

Promote from within and figure out how to not be so top heavy. Most employees would like the opportunity to cross-train and learn other skills, but management won't spend the time or money to make it happen.

Pros

Compensation and benefits, excellent PTO

Cons

Management and lack of work/life balance

Productive and challenging

The company provided great opportunities to learn different skills. The Newmont Legacy Fund provided money for different community charities. They are a company that's puts their employees safety first and production last.

Pros

Benefits were excellent

Cons

Work schedule, rotating shifts

Benifits for the employee

BUS RIDE to work and home. there was a 20.000 dallar Tool loan allowance and paid back with no tax or interest.. safety products were no limit. you needed Glasses they provided. they purchaced your first boots. no questions asked.. alot of benifits.

Corporate Role with Great Benefits

Newmont does provide great benefits to their employees. However, the work life balance is not ideal. The work days are long but the weeks are short for admin. It is a great place to work to start your career though.

Good pay and benifits

good pay per hour, room for growth within the company, classes offered to further personal growth. long hour days with travel to and from work decent vacation time

Bad working environment and schedule

I did not like working for Newmont at all. The management at the Cripple Creek Mine did not seem experienced. They definitely took production over safety. I have been in the mining industry for 12 years and this was the most unorganized place I have ever worked. They never had parts to do jobs correctly. Newmont was not a safe place to work.

Pros

Good pay, alright benifits

Cons

Bad working environment, horrible work schedule

Great Company

Great company. great benefits, and great co workers. I really loved it there and the pay was great. I plan to go back to work for them and live Nevada

Newmont Mining Corp

Simply the best company I have ever worked for. I highly recommend working for this company. If you are looking for a great safety culture with outstanding compensation and benefits Newmont is where it's at!

Pros

Compensation, benefits and job security

Horrible place of work.

I would not recommend any one working here. They are just starting out and have horrible work ethics and safety protocols. They don't have all their ducks in a row and horrible benefits as well.

Great Company to work for. Usually would only work 14 days a month based on 12 hour shifts. Average income was around 80k a year as a Tech 4 operator. Benefits were amazing and the Company owned and operated a Medical Clinic in Winnemucca that made it very easy to take your children or even yourself to to see a Doctor for most medical, except surgery.

Pros

Pay, Work Schedule, Benifits

Cons

12 hour shofts

Very good company to work for.

Very good company to work for strong on safety and advancement. Money and benefits are very good. Supervisors more than willing to listen and give feedback.

Great company

fantastic company to work for. Allow creative approaches to resolve the tasks which are assigned as opposed to enforcing a rigid work environment. Constantly received helpful feedback but not in an overbearing way. Great compensation for the position, great people, but most importantly I have no complaints in regards to any aspect of the company.

Management Is HORRIBLE and clueless

If there was the perfect example of NON-TECHNICAL management its the IT Management here. They hire low grade engineers based on who they know. They don't know how to pick good talent because, well they don't know the answers themselves. It is completely pointless to have non-technical managers and it should not be allowed. The infrastructure manager there literally knew nothing about infrastructure much less networking. He was condescending and didn't appreciate talent that he did have... well because he doesn't know how to judge talent. The ONLY person that knew what they were doing was the Exchange Engineer. Everyone else was a joke. The "VMware Engineer" basically just used VMware support to get everything done. They had Jrs doing tasks above their pay grade and never rewarded. If you want awesome benefits this is the place for you. However, if you want to move up there you have to be part of the cool club and suck up MAJORLY "KG". One guy was there for 2 years at the corp office and ended up a director. The guy was horrible at his job and was a micro manager AHEM KG. The advancement there is not based on how hard you work. Its based on who you go to happy hour with and who you play fantasy football with. The IT Director is a really nice guy but also oblivious to all of the happenings and doesnt recognize hard work.

Benefits

Cons

Pretty much everything else. MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newmont Mining. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight