Newport Corporation

Newport Corporation Employee Reviews

United States50 reviews

managementplacepeopleworkinggoodgreatjobwork

Nice Company

Nice company, but don't work in Cleaning Line worst job of my entire live, the ladies who work there are so bad, I have 18+ years of experience on Cleaning Optics, but those womans are horribles persons... Managers are great people, supportive and approachable .

Used to be good...

It used to be a great company with great work life balance. It has become a toxic working environment after bought out by MKS two years ago. Management only cares about profit.

Newport Corporation insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment

Good place to work just dont get involved with trying to improve snything

Poor management/engineering relationship makes for horrible working conditions .....................would highly NOt recommend AT ALL until management is wiped out by MKS...........

Pros

Cons

Newpot

Senior Buyer

working as a Senior Buyer for Newport i learned alot about the system and products. this included learning about SAP and how SAP MRP works. dealing with over 300 line items to purchase.

Newport Corporation Merged with MKS

Newport Corporation was a great place to develop additional skills. Newport Corporation was purchased by MKS and after purchase, outsourced its IT staffing needs.

Division closed down

The division of Newport I worked in is no longer in business. It originated as a private small business. Although the job was demanding, the owners had a way to make you feel appreciated and like family.

Very productive work enviroment and fun to work for

I enjoyed working for Newport Corporation. They are very easy to work with and really informative and hands on to help with any and all needs. Newport Corporation frequently held free luncheons to give thanks to all the employees hard word.

Productive, more space for growth, some employees has been here for 35 years, take good care of employees, professionals and excellent benefit. Now merged with MKS

Benefits

Keep your sanity

I have nothing good to say about this company.Very poor work load organization,cutthroat management, lowest of the low employee moral.I would advise every single person that is even considering of working for this company not to step a foot there because it's going to be huge waste of your time and especially your health...NOT WORTH IT!

Poor Management and HR

Talent retention is horrible. When a technician publicly asked HR how to get promoted to the next level, he was told to find another job. Many capable and talented technicians, and engineers, have started to leave en mass due to complaints about poor compensation and no guidance on levels/ratings.

Pros

Relaxed work schedule, can choose to come in early to avoid traffic.

Cons

Poor pay and no promotions.

Nice place to work

Newport / MKS is a nice place to work. Good benefits. Relaxed atmosphere, for the most part. Unfortunately, its understaffed and a lot of the people are underpaid.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Pay

Great place and people

I had a great experience working at Newport Construction. I was the foreman of a paving crew and all the guys I worked with were hard working, dedicated, and witty.

Challenging work

Typical coating house good to employees as long as you follow the rules. Technology kept you interested in the processes which helped make the time at work pass quickly.

LEAN Implementation

It was a great experience to implement the LEAN concepts in the process. Implementation of Develop Cross Training program with Manufacturing Engineering.

Pros

Partiucipation ion the Daily LEAN improvements

Cons

Change Management

not a fun place to work

The worst workplace culture,cold unapproachable people worst training with zero learning curve to new trainees pushing them to their last limit, cutthroat management

Pros

Cons

lot health hazards

Rlaxed but productive environment

Relaxed work environment. My day consisted of inspecting parts and finished products as well as pulling orders and delivering them to clients. Nice people that always made sure to let everybody know what was the task at hand.

Great place to work, with new changes coming

I enjoyed working at the company a lot, it was originally a lot of learning opportunities. Management is slow to change and doesn't see what the problems are.

Manufacturing

My main duties at Newport was processing commission, sales tax for 18 states, and process month end journal entries as well as reconciliation. I enjoy working with the people there.

It was ok

Work was not hard, my direct manage was awesome but the ones above him were not. 3 shift operation and if anything ever went wrong it would always be blamed on the off shifts

Great place to work at times.

Great place to work at times. Company acquired last year and many changes have taken place and continue to take place. I,m ready to move on to bigger and better for my own growth and development.

nice

Management genuinely cares about the advancement of it's employees. Free lunches and open PTO make it for a excellent place of employment. Salary is quite low though. Will be finding other employment if salary does not increase with the cost of living in Austin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newport Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits