News & Advance Employee Reviews

Great workplace
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 25, 2018
Typical day at News & Advance a lot paperwork, and customer complaints. and carriers needs ( supplies, bouns,etc...) Learned the media part of the company.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
always on call
driver
Self Contractor, Circulation and Distribution (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 25, 2017
what can I say . it was a good job at that time in my life, it was costly to keep up with my car, it was to the point I had to give it up. I would do it again if the pay was good, I have heard that it is getting worst that you have to pay for everything and the paper prices growing up . its paper it shouldn't cost so much and that's why the customer doesn't want to pay , I had some that didn't pay and I had to pay out of pocket which I never had the money for.
Turn over rate high with temp. workers.
Mail room operator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 21, 2017
Would like to see the company spend more of their budget on fixing equipment. Constent stops and starts slow production down, and certain jobs take longer then they should.
Pros
Good health plans and 401k. Sick days and 80 hours vacation time every year.
Cons
Lack of help and full time employees.
Review News & Advance
Newspaper Retail Advertising Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 11, 2017
It was an exciting opportunity to work with The News & Advance, as I learned so much from my managers and colleagues while I was employed their. I would definitely recommend working for this company.
Nice office environment
Customer Service Rep./Sales (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 3, 2017
It was a nice clean place to work. The job was not overly challenging and I quite liked it. the potential to make decent money was there. I also was fond of my co-workers.
Good News
Composition Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 19, 2014
Great job just relocated to Northern Virginia. Exciting and cutting edge news for the area.
Very easy job, had problems with customers not making payments
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 29, 2014
Very early hours in the morning, and a lot of driving. I picked newspapers up from the dock at 2am. I delivered all the newspapers before 6am daily.
BH Media
Classified Sales (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg VAApril 11, 2014
Good culture, management and company to work for. The atmosphere is relatively laid back but training is difficult to come by making job not harder but different.
exciting environment with strong morals and values
Mail Inserter (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 20, 2013
Great Organization. Strong morals and values.Good fun environment to work in
Pros
Employees
Cons
Traveling
Great to work for a company committed to making a difference in its community...every day
Regional Advertising Director (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 19, 2012
An excellent place to work to celebrate in impacting the community every day. Committed professional journalists and sales reps striving to continuously improve and adapt to the digital age.
Key to management success is focusing on the vital few objectives and relentlessly pursuing excellence in every thing we do.
Hardest part of the job is hitting short term goals while adapting to the new digital age, which requires constant change and evolution.
Pros
no two days are the same, leading information provider, excellent opportunities for growth
Cons
too many priorities, need more focus