News-Press

News-Press Employee Reviews in Fort Myers, FL

Fort Myers, FL8 reviews

learning how to make the newspaper.

learning all the steps,in making a newspaper,and working with my co-workers. the hardest thing is, making the deadlines.

There is no self-improvement

The work day is the same every day of the week from Monday to Sunday because we work 365 days a year without rest from 12:00 am to 6:00 am. You do not learn anything new because the carrier always does the same. The managers are not interested in the work ethic, they are all disorderly.

Pros

You have the day off for another job

Cons

You do not have vacations throughout the year

News-Press insights

Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • General feeling of work happiness

Stay away

There is an extreme lack of leadership. Half of the managers do not know what they are doing and rely on their subordinates to do all the work and answer everything. Managers are not involved in the team's objective day-to-day and objectives.

Rewarding Experience

My News-Press journey began as a Comp Artist which was my foot in the door. My supervisor was aware of my desire for greater creative challenges and handed me those jobs whenever the Art Department was overloaded with work. Eventually, she discovered an opening within another department of the company that provided my creative challenge, not to mention more pay, and was instrumental in my transfer to that department. The new position ultimately involved me personally seeing jobs from concept to completion as well as projects that involved education through local schools which would become my most reward job of my career.

Pros

Creative and rewarding challenges.

Cons

Part of the Gannett Publishing Company which fits the typical corporate mold.

productive fulfilling work environment

great coworkers in a fast paced deadline based environment. I have learned a great deal about digital advertising and the future of advertising and marketing in the future. the most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team atmosphere and working with people that make the process work.

Pros

the ability to bring new ideas to the management staff

Cons

the shrinking circulation of the newspaper to consumers

Great place to work,Great group of guys!

The News Press pressroom is a good place to work .I worked as an on call press operator a few years ago. The manager is a very fair man.If you do your job and show up when you are supposed to he will treat you good. The coworkers are good guys as well .Everyone helps each other ,and works to get the press set up.The work is divided up evenly.The press is in great shape and is clean for a press. You can't ask for a better group of guys to work with,they know the job and will help if you have any questions. They will expect you to do your share,and know what you say you know. I would still be working there if I lived closer. I would work there again in a heartbeat if a full time position ever opened up to the public. If you are looking for part time work ,and know how to work on this press ,you can't go wrong here.But do not expect to be put on full time.

Pros

Decent pay, Good coworkers, Newer press, clean building

Cons

none worth mentioning

felt like I could help

I liked working at the newspress very much. I enjoyed working with customers and solving their problems.

Pros

work was appreciated

Cons

lay offs and furloughs

getting to no new pep.

ilove being there and satisfying costumers, greeting and meeting sum of the customers sum were very nice.

Pros

late night early mornings, benifits

Cons

n/a

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at News-Press?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News-Press. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits