News America Marketing Employee Reviews

It was so fun! Loved it
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Brazoria, TXMay 2, 2018
great work experience miss working there! Great people, great management. And you can work at your own pace. No one is there standing over you, you can do your job,and as long as you do your work and do it right no one will bother you.
Pros
have to have a car
Cons
long days
reset display
Merchandiser / Reset Display (Current Employee) –  Ringwood, NJApril 18, 2018
Install Smart Source advertising in grocery, and in major retailers nationwide.
Place merchandise in the proper location using the updated planograms.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
only part time jobs
Lot's of driving
Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2018
Job required you to drive to stores throughout Oklahoma city and Guthrie and put up coupon machines and promotional signs. The job did a lot of wear and tear on my car. And the workload they gave me was insane for just starting out.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Pay & wear and tear on my car.
Phoenix, AZ Zone
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
I loved what I did, I wasn't planning on leaving, I landed in the hospital for three days and I didn't have my cell phone on hand and only knew my moms number of the hand. I got sick from cleaning out my storage unit and moving back to Arizona.

Boston Zone my two area mangers I worked for were amazing and I couldn't say anything more. I am very happy to have had them both as my area mangers.
Fun and they really cared about their employees
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
On a typical day I would receive my work supplies for the week at my house, check my handheld for jobs, go into stores and place different ads throughout the store. The management was great and trained their employees very well. The most enjoyable part was when I was done with my work for the week I had a sense of accomplishment. The hardest part was driving to all the different places especially when the weather was bad. I learned how to hang up ads and place floor ads accordingly throughout a store.
Pros
Celebrated birthdays, Breakfast during meetings, work when you want
Cons
Didn't compensate for the amount of driving
Flexible Hours
In-store representative and Certified Rep Trainer (Current Employee) –  Macomb County, MIMarch 13, 2018
This company is good for someone that needs flexible hours. Job allows you to work around life (kids and family) obligations. Must be able to work independently.
It was great to work my chosen hours
IN STORE REP (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2018
One week a month there was plenty of hours, the other 3 weeks of the month not enough. This was a 2nd job so 1 week out of the month was hard to manage added to my other full time job!
N/a
Good Benefits
Good Management
Long Work Hours
CPG and Retail focused
Experience very dependent on manager
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Fast paced, busy corporate environment. Often hard to keep up with other competitive digital agencies due to the company having such a large portfolio as well as there being lags in training and a disconnect of internal teams.
Enjoyable position
In-Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
This position allowed me to build leadership skills and introduced me to products that I didn't use as well used. I enjoyed meeting people from different companies doing the same job. The staff at the assigned retailers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Time management for me and my family
Cons
n/a
It's a very relaxing and mellow paced work environment with lots of freedom
In Store Field Rep (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Changing advertisements and rotating point of sales is what the job mostly consists of. I learned how to use the smart source items and tools used to add instant redeemable coupons in the grocery and drug stores I cover. The management is excellent. I have a good relationship with my boss and his boss. They're very friendly and easy going. The workplace very relaxing and you have a lot of freedom while you're working and you can choose when you want to work as long as everything is done by Thursday at 9pm. There isn't really a hard part of the job unless you wait till the last minute to close out your stores. This job is enjoyable because of the freedom you get to work whenever you want. That can be good and bad because this is a better job for someone who has a second job and does this on the side for extra pocket change. Average hours per week can be a little under 20. On the first and second weeks of the month you can work up to 28 hours which is what all adds up for the ad changing in all of your stores. The next 2 weeks of the month are the slowest and you could get a maximum of 10 hours with small merchandising jobs in the stores. You generally average around 70 hours of work a month.
Pros
Freedom to work whenever you want and essentially make your own schedule
Cons
Low hours, no benefits and no salary based career advancement for recent college grads
Flexible hours and good management
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoy working here because of the flexibility and making my own hours. The management is very helpful if any problems arise. Each week is different with new job tasks.
Set your own hours with a weekly deadline.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley MNFebruary 5, 2018
Fun job with a set route you drive to stores assigned to you. Need to be professional to all store employees and represent News America with professionalism and integrity.
Pros
Go to work each day on my own time.
Cons
No part time benefits.
Ads
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTJanuary 31, 2018
One has to like to travel for this job. I love to travel so this was a second job for me which worked with my schedule because I was able to do my work as long as the store was open.
Easy but busy job
Independent Field Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10036January 28, 2018
Job consists of merchandising different stores on different weeks of the month. Very easy job, but it can be busy at times. You make your own schedule and take days off as needed...provided you get all your work done. All work is done independently.
Pros
Great co-workers/manager; easy job
Cons
Pay could be higher
Goodom job
In Store Marketing (Former Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 27, 2018
News America is a great part time job. Especially for mom's. The job is very flexible. There is some support from management. But, after working for the company for 5 years, I was only making .75 an hour more than when I started.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Good company to work for
Part-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 24, 2018
As a mom that needs flexibility, this is a good job for extra cash. You are busier two weeks of the month than the other two. Training and management are great!
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 20, 2018
It was a job that you had to travel all over and wasn't paid very well for you gas mileage. It put a lot of wear and tear on my car. Had a lot of material to carry around to do the job.,
The Worst Company You Could Work For!
Not Disclosing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2018
HR is a joke!
Terrible people. They’ll lie to your face and talk about you behind your back.
Disorganized and incompetent.
They pride themselves on company culture but there is no solidarity. It’s cut throat and if you try to speak up and make things better and it fall in line and shut your mouth you get fired quickly before anyone can agree with you.
It’s a step in the pond not a career.
Good job for flexible hours
Merchandising Representative/Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Pay is horrible for what they want you to be responsible for, and the level of perfection they desire. Also, Two weeks a month 20 -30 hours, 2 weeks a month 10 hours. Who can live on this?
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low Pay, Disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight