News America Marketing Employee Reviews

part-time
Area Merchandiser for Cromwell, CT and Dover (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2019
this was a part-time position. organization skills were helpful. work hours per week were not defined. very simple work. lots of boxes delivered weekly to the home. there was no way to delay the delivery when you would not be at home.
To many things to do in an unrealistic time aloud for it.
In store rep (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTFebruary 2, 2019
This company has you going everywhere with a list of things to do They are unrealistic on how many hours it suppose to take you they do not account for things happening like traffic data entry for them manager talking with you equipment failure or replacement.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can't make any money
great part time job or second income
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJanuary 20, 2019
nice company to work for. If the pay was higher i think i would have stayed longer. You can travel pretty far and the wear and tear on your car adds up.
Like working for them....
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I like working for this company, but it would be nice to make more an hour. And to get more hours. You get hours the first two weeks, and then the last two weeks not many hours.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
I love working at News America Marketing
Field Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Not only do I enjoy all aspects of the work I have performed at News America; but I also enjoy all of my co-workers.
The company is fair in their practices and constantly striving to be the best in the business.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Non
Casual work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 5, 2019
Love working for News America. Compensation Is way to low for work required. Enjoyed working at my own pace. Allowed me to be flexible to deal with other life challenges.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low pay
More headache than it is worth
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 4, 2019
This is not like any other merchandising job I've ever done in the last 20 years. If you are used to signing onto jobs, doing them quickly and efficiently, then going on to the next, you will not like this one.
The materials you have to pick up from storage take over your car, house, mind. Missing materials are your responsibility, you have to sort for hours, count and record. You also have to instantly respond to all emails even when you are not "working."
We were also expected to go and count equipment in the storage shed.
As a long-time professional merchandiser I like scheduling my own work hours and have days off. Usually to work for another company to get hours. NAM makes that very difficult to impossible. I was basically on call every day because of up to 9 emails a day besides sudden changes.
I also trained other new people even when I was still new, covered for people as they quit. Had to drive to their homes to retrieve materials then was told I went over my alotted hours. I guess that, too, was supposed to be unpaid.
I quit when after a few months I found out that the person I was training was making $3 more an hour than me! With fewer qualifications.
News America needs to get it together so employees only have to work "in store." Especially for the low pay so they are free to work other jobs (as most do).
Only someone with very little merchandising experience would appreciate this job.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
There is no work-life balance. Low low low pay.
I like working for this company
Merchandiser/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NMDecember 17, 2018
My job is great and flexible hours I love what I do and I've been with the company 8 year . I get a gas card and get paid for maintenance on my car.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Not enough jobs
Flexible work, low pay
In-Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2018
Great management, flexible schedule. Good for a little extra money. You do get paid for travel and time spent doing anything work-related, but it doesn’t add up to a whole lot.
Pros
Flexible, manager
Cons
Low pay, large amount of ads and supplies to keep in car and garage
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2018
Typical work day, first you sort your products before you leave your house. Second you drive to the location and install you mechadise according to customer profile.
A good company to work for
In Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TexasNovember 26, 2018
My typical day consisted of clear,and direct instructions either verabally or written. We had meetings every 3 weeks which did help tremondously. Needed more time to complete some jobs.
Pros
No immediate supervision, works at own pace
Cons
Choose a time when the store is not busy with customers/ Only really busy one week out of the month
a relaxed place to work
carts (Former Employee) –  MassachusettswNovember 21, 2018
you are give an assignment of approximately 10 stores to cover and change ads. Do at your pace as long as it gets done.an ad company aimed at the supermarket shopper
Pros
relaxed and easy
Cons
Great supervisor but company doesn’t want to pay fairly.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 29, 2018
Worked for the most amazing supervisor ever, she tried to make your job as easy for each of us as possible and would actually listen to all we had to say. The company NAM did not feel it was necessary to pay a fair wage and at my last raise I received 19 cents , which felt like like a slap in the face. During the year prior to receiving that raise, I did not only work my job but helped with other employees tasks as well, to only end up getting nothing for my extra work. If you’re looking for just a little extra money each week with no benefits but flex hours, no paid vacations days or sick time this is the job you may want to look into. I was with the company for almost 2 years and was not even making $10.00 an hour, I’m sure it depends on the area of the country as to what they pay per hour, but it’s not even enough with your gas card and your $35.00 per month for the wear and tear on you vehicle. If this company would pay a fair wage I’m sure there would be less turn over, and they also need to in service some of their supervisors, as to how to be kinder to their employees.
Pros
flex hour, paid weekly
Cons
Pick up days for signs, handheld software problems, pay was very low.
Awsome superivor , great scheadual
In Store Marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
Very easy work and an awsome supervior, Always on top of the needs and questions always were answered when help was needed . Simple work friendly staff .
Corporate Greed
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNOctober 24, 2018
It is not hard work but pay is well below, for a Merchandiser, compared to other companies.

Area managers get company vehicles, paid gas, and unlimited motel stays.

If you want to put major wear and tear on your car for low pay then this is the job for you!
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Break even after personal costs
Sometimes overwhelming but fun
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 11, 2018
All signs and materials and sign, recipe and coupon holders had to be kept at my house. They had to be organized on your own time and hauled to your car.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No breaks
Fun, easy fast pace
Cart Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I love working for News America Marketing! Management was horrible! She said one thing then turned around and said another. Very unprofessional and rude Management who spoke about her other employees as well as how much they were getting paid, just a lot of stuff with that lady.
Honestly the easiest job I've ever had, pay was not too bad either. Got paid mileage and drive time and the best part was getting paid weekly! If it wasn't for the horrible managment. I would still be working for the company.
Pros
Great pay, Easy work, Paid Mileage, Paid Admin time, Paid drive time, internet expenses paid
Cons
Management was nothing but drama and unprofessional.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GASeptember 6, 2018
It is a nice company to work for my managers are really great people, I like that your schedule is flexible and you get to meet a lot of great people in different places
Work your own schedule
Certified Rep Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 21, 2018
Flexible on times, for the most part. Occasionally they'll drop a job on you without any warning that needs to be done in a day but for the most part you have 7 days to work anytime you want to get it done.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no vacation, no sick pay, no healthcare
I love my job, because I was able to do it on my own time.
Quality Assurance Risk Auditor-Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2018
I was working in Puerto Rico for this company and it was what I needed at the moment. Gave me the independence and the opportunity to work on my own and from my home.
Pros
a field job that enables you to choose time and day to do it.
Cons
lots of traveling in the city

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight