News America Marketing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I love my job, because I was able to do it on my own time.
Quality Assurance Risk Auditor-Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2018
I was working in Puerto Rico for this company and it was what I needed at the moment. Gave me the independence and the opportunity to work on my own and from my home.
Pros
a field job that enables you to choose time and day to do it.
Cons
lots of traveling in the city
Pleasant atmosphere
Rep-Marketing & Merchandising (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
Very flexible hours, enough time during the week, provide great training, usually with videos. Management helpful, sympathetic when a problem arises.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Has gone down hill in the last few years
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
I loved working here for the first 5 years, the last year and a half was rough. Very little communication between upper management. Layoffs pretty consistently every 3 months. Terrible work life balance. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Work on your own time
Independent Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 23, 2018
This job allowed me to work and choose my schedule. As long as I got my work done within the week, all was well........................................
Pros
Very easy going
Cons
Not great pay
Great part time job
In Store Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 17, 2018
I love this job! This company puts forth a lot of effort and training for their employees. Management is wonderful and very willing to help with anything. You are on your own with this position, you go to different grocery, retail and dollar stores to install advertising ads. You make your own hours, just make sure you have your work completed by Thursday at 5pm. You get paid mileage from store to store, and payday is every Friday. The company provides you with all the supplies needed for installation in stores.
Pros
Independent work, weekly pay, great management, mileage reimbursement
Cons
Not enough hours
Was great.. now..just a job
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Was a great company that really felt like a family. that has changed in recent years. Too many cliques. The culture is now forced. It's unfortunate how much the company has changed.
great place to work
In Store Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2018
Challenging and can interact with others and work place changes daily. my area manager is great to work for and very easy to talk to about the job. meeting different people everyday
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
deadlines
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 20, 2018
Have to be work oriented, expectations are a lot but they offer a good compensation.
Always something new to learn.
Fun environment.
Managers are just awesome, innovative and productive.
Great job
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJune 11, 2018
I love being able to pick my time and day to do my ad changes. The manager is always available if there are any questions about the job to be done. Would recommend this job.
Pros
Choosing the time and date to do my job
Cons
Not that many hours
go into differant stores per mount changing advertising
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  scJune 7, 2018
all work is send via email. Plan work from home. Travel store to store changing out advertising. You are paid weekly. You also receive a gas card, and are paid milage.
Stressful due to management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 5, 2018
I loved this company and would have loved to stick with it had the management been more fair and gave more hours. Never had enough equipment available. My stores were always criticized while others were left untouched. Bad communication.
Pros
Setting own hours, pay
Cons
Management and lack of hours, no benefits
not many hours
In-Store Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cadwell, Idaho, Nampa, ID, Homedale, IDMay 29, 2018
You will not be able to pay bills with this job, if you have someone else who can provide income, put on their health insurance plan and you just need some extra spending money this could work out for you.
Pros
flexible hours, time off when you want but not paid
Cons
too few hours, wear and tear on car going from store to store and town to twon, pay
Good management
In Store Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 24, 2018
Management is very hands on, helpful and responsive. Hours are quite flexible, but long for a part-time job. have to fill car and part of home with much equipment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Work/life balance not good
Fun Job! Flexible
In Store Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 11, 2018
The job is overall very great! It's flexible to accommodate a home life. However, there is no consistency in the hours and upper management over rides your report to manager on such a regular basis it truly messes more up then it helps leaving you hanging for a good portion of your already slow week. Lack of accountability with upper management on their errors. They will always find some way to place the blame on you or your territory manager.
It was so fun! Loved it
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Brazoria, TXMay 2, 2018
great work experience miss working there! Great people, great management. And you can work at your own pace. No one is there standing over you, you can do your job,and as long as you do your work and do it right no one will bother you.
Pros
have to have a car
Cons
long days
reset display
Merchandiser / Reset Display (Current Employee) –  Ringwood, NJApril 18, 2018
Install Smart Source advertising in grocery, and in major retailers nationwide.
Place merchandise in the proper location using the updated planograms.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
only part time jobs
Lot's of driving
Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2018
Job required you to drive to stores throughout Oklahoma city and Guthrie and put up coupon machines and promotional signs. The job did a lot of wear and tear on my car. And the workload they gave me was insane for just starting out.
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Pay & wear and tear on my car.
Phoenix, AZ Zone
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
I loved what I did, I wasn't planning on leaving, I landed in the hospital for three days and I didn't have my cell phone on hand and only knew my moms number of the hand. I got sick from cleaning out my storage unit and moving back to Arizona.

Boston Zone my two area mangers I worked for were amazing and I couldn't say anything more. I am very happy to have had them both as my area mangers.
Fun and they really cared about their employees
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
On a typical day I would receive my work supplies for the week at my house, check my handheld for jobs, go into stores and place different ads throughout the store. The management was great and trained their employees very well. The most enjoyable part was when I was done with my work for the week I had a sense of accomplishment. The hardest part was driving to all the different places especially when the weather was bad. I learned how to hang up ads and place floor ads accordingly throughout a store.
Pros
Celebrated birthdays, Breakfast during meetings, work when you want
Cons
Didn't compensate for the amount of driving
Flexible Hours
In-store representative and Certified Rep Trainer (Current Employee) –  Macomb County, MIMarch 13, 2018
This company is good for someone that needs flexible hours. Job allows you to work around life (kids and family) obligations. Must be able to work independently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight