News America Marketing Employee Reviews

Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2018
Typical work day, first you sort your products before you leave your house. Second you drive to the location and install you mechadise according to customer profile.
A good company to work for
In Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TexasNovember 26, 2018
My typical day consisted of clear,and direct instructions either verabally or written. We had meetings every 3 weeks which did help tremondously. Needed more time to complete some jobs.
Pros
No immediate supervision, works at own pace
Cons
Choose a time when the store is not busy with customers/ Only really busy one week out of the month
a relaxed place to work
carts (Former Employee) –  MassachusettswNovember 21, 2018
you are give an assignment of approximately 10 stores to cover and change ads. Do at your pace as long as it gets done.an ad company aimed at the supermarket shopper
Pros
relaxed and easy
Cons
Great supervisor but company doesn’t want to pay fairly.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 29, 2018
Worked for the most amazing supervisor ever, she tried to make your job as easy for each of us as possible and would actually listen to all we had to say. The company NAM did not feel it was necessary to pay a fair wage and at my last raise I received 19 cents , which felt like like a slap in the face. During the year prior to receiving that raise, I did not only work my job but helped with other employees tasks as well, to only end up getting nothing for my extra work. If you’re looking for just a little extra money each week with no benefits but flex hours, no paid vacations days or sick time this is the job you may want to look into. I was with the company for almost 2 years and was not even making $10.00 an hour, I’m sure it depends on the area of the country as to what they pay per hour, but it’s not even enough with your gas card and your $35.00 per month for the wear and tear on you vehicle. If this company would pay a fair wage I’m sure there would be less turn over, and they also need to in service some of their supervisors, as to how to be kinder to their employees.
Pros
flex hour, paid weekly
Cons
Pick up days for signs, handheld software problems, pay was very low.
Awsome superivor , great scheadual
In Store Marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
Very easy work and an awsome supervior, Always on top of the needs and questions always were answered when help was needed . Simple work friendly staff .
Corporate Greed
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNOctober 24, 2018
It is not hard work but pay is well below, for a Merchandiser, compared to other companies.

Area managers get company vehicles, paid gas, and unlimited motel stays.

If you want to put major wear and tear on your car for low pay then this is the job for you!
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Break even after personal costs
Sometimes overwhelming but fun
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 11, 2018
All signs and materials and sign, recipe and coupon holders had to be kept at my house. They had to be organized on your own time and hauled to your car.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No breaks
Fun, easy fast pace
Cart Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I love working for News America Marketing! Management was horrible! She said one thing then turned around and said another. Very unprofessional and rude Management who spoke about her other employees as well as how much they were getting paid, just a lot of stuff with that lady.
Honestly the easiest job I've ever had, pay was not too bad either. Got paid mileage and drive time and the best part was getting paid weekly! If it wasn't for the horrible managment. I would still be working for the company.
Pros
Great pay, Easy work, Paid Mileage, Paid Admin time, Paid drive time, internet expenses paid
Cons
Management was nothing but drama and unprofessional.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GASeptember 6, 2018
It is a nice company to work for my managers are really great people, I like that your schedule is flexible and you get to meet a lot of great people in different places
Work your own schedule
Certified Rep Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 21, 2018
Flexible on times, for the most part. Occasionally they'll drop a job on you without any warning that needs to be done in a day but for the most part you have 7 days to work anytime you want to get it done.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no vacation, no sick pay, no healthcare

Want to know more about News America Marketing?

Ask a question
I love my job, because I was able to do it on my own time.
Quality Assurance Risk Auditor-Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2018
I was working in Puerto Rico for this company and it was what I needed at the moment. Gave me the independence and the opportunity to work on my own and from my home.
Pros
a field job that enables you to choose time and day to do it.
Cons
lots of traveling in the city
Self starting
In-Store Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Materials delivered to the house. Work with a Microsoft Surface to direct your to your tasks which must be completed within a time frame determined by Company.
Pleasant atmosphere
Rep-Marketing & Merchandising (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
Very flexible hours, enough time during the week, provide great training, usually with videos. Management helpful, sympathetic when a problem arises.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Has gone down hill in the last few years
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
I loved working here for the first 5 years, the last year and a half was rough. Very little communication between upper management. Layoffs pretty consistently every 3 months. Terrible work life balance. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Work on your own time
Independent Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 23, 2018
This job allowed me to work and choose my schedule. As long as I got my work done within the week, all was well........................................
Pros
Very easy going
Cons
Not great pay
Great part time job
In Store Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 17, 2018
I love this job! This company puts forth a lot of effort and training for their employees. Management is wonderful and very willing to help with anything. You are on your own with this position, you go to different grocery, retail and dollar stores to install advertising ads. You make your own hours, just make sure you have your work completed by Thursday at 5pm. You get paid mileage from store to store, and payday is every Friday. The company provides you with all the supplies needed for installation in stores.
Pros
Independent work, weekly pay, great management, mileage reimbursement
Cons
Not enough hours
Was great.. now..just a job
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Was a great company that really felt like a family. that has changed in recent years. Too many cliques. The culture is now forced. It's unfortunate how much the company has changed.
great place to work
In Store Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2018
Challenging and can interact with others and work place changes daily. my area manager is great to work for and very easy to talk to about the job. meeting different people everyday
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
deadlines
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 20, 2018
Have to be work oriented, expectations are a lot but they offer a good compensation.
Always something new to learn.
Fun environment.
Managers are just awesome, innovative and productive.
Great job
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJune 11, 2018
I love being able to pick my time and day to do my ad changes. The manager is always available if there are any questions about the job to be done. Would recommend this job.
Pros
Choosing the time and date to do my job
Cons
Not that many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight