News America Marketing
Here to help
Coronavirus update

News America Marketing Employee Reviews

United States326 reviews
NAM is a place to get a background in sales and move on. Be prepared (in hired in sales) to be doing administrative tasks and learning antiquated systems. Management team was friendly and supportive and there is lots of room to climb the ladder if you’re willing to stick out the grunt work for low pay (especially by NYC standards). Still not comparable to other sales salaries that peers had - and they were doing less work than me.
Pros
Solid benefits, employee housing for a month
Cons
Low salary, long hours, antiquated systems
I love working for News America! Management is amazing and fair in the Roanoke Valley in VA. Easy job, good pay! Understanding management and flexible schedules!
I enjoyed the job itself. But the travle time was a bit much. Its Cycle work. First week I had maybe 12 hours between 3 stores. Second week was full on insanity with 12 stores and about 22 hours and a lot of driving. Third week back down to 3 or 4 stores but little work maybe 12 hours tops. Fourth week no stores just getting stuff together for next cycle. Maybe 5 hours pay if lucky. Just not worth it. They nit pick on mileage. Pay is just a small amount above minimum wage. If the pay was more and the mileage reimbursement better I would have stayed.
Pros
Make own schedual
Cons
Low Pay
I started with NAM 3 years ago, became a trainer and thought I had found the perfect company. My 3rd year of employment, I interviewed for the area manager position and was not chosen but the person who was chosen had no experience and expected everyone to pick up the empty territories. I felt there was no appreciation from anyone at this company bc myself and another trainer from the area ran the area for 7 months before a person who had no experience started.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I am retired and took this job to get out of the house a couple days a week. I love it! My area manager and trainer are so easy to work with and they will do anything they can to help you. The hours are flexible and the pay is decent but not great. They do pay a good mileage rate and drive time in between stores. I like that I'm working on my own and that I can arrange my work around my personal schedule. My husband and I like to travel and there is never a problem with taking off work. My area manager is always happy to provide coverage for me. I would definitely recommend this job for someone who is wanting part time, flexible work.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun, good communication with supervisors
Cons
Pay could be better
Okay first off let me start by saying that this job could be okay if it were in a different district. The District of Las Vegas for this job is absolutely ridiculous. It's ran by two older women who are so set in their ways the way they do things that if you don't do it that way they will push you out and fast. EVERYTHING I was taught in training is not the way it is done in the field whatsoever. So if you're ok with mixed information leading to ultimately your downfall, 11 dollars an hour, and working on their schedule, not yours like they tell you is the way it works, then this job is for you. Oh ya, they treat you like a child too.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
Wish I had more stores so I can do it full time. Very easy work. Really fun specially if you love to drive around your county.
Good place to work. Wish job would offer more hours. Job needs to pay more for the work that you do. Would be nice to make more money for having to be out in the field.
I have been working for company nearly two years and will continue until I can't work any longer. I'm 69 years old and am able to do the work. I have no desire to leave. I was given a raise after a little over a year, which I really wasn't expecting, but appreciated. Company supplies tablet and necessary inventory to complete jobs.
Pros
Unsupervised work, area manager always available, constant updating of skills in online learning center, good pay and travel compensation
Cons
I really enjoy working here. I go out to various retailers as a vendor and hang ads to advertise products and do various merchandising jobs. You set your own work hours and days as long as the jobs are completed by the due date. Jobs are on your board starting every Saturday and everything for the week has to be completed by Thursday. Weekends are optional.
Pros
Flexibility, appreciation for your work, paid milage and travel time in between retailer, assigned territories close to your house
Cons
No benefits, part time, rate of pay could be a little higher
The only downfall is having to load and unload your vehicle at every stop. That part of the job gets really old very quickly. The job itself is very rewarding g.
Loved the Company one of the best part was the benefits. Hardest part of work day was travel with in your territory . Typical day could be drive 3 hrs one way to work and hr or two then drive home..

Best part was the field team including management and employees easy to work with.
Under pay with degrading raises no promotion no future with company management only interested in keeping their jobs not supportive Although it’s a great job for college students keeping in mind that it’s just temporary not permanent
i liked working for this company because they were always helpful with letting me know were they have openings and helped me make an easy route to make iteasiertowork and everyone worked together nice atmosphere every one i worked with worked very hard toget the work done worked like a team together and made work easier it was good to workfor
Part Time people are doing all of the work. You are also the warehouse for this company. Management receive all the good benefits. There is no room for advancement. Not enough pay for what you have to do and carry with you.
Pros
Work your own scheduled hours.
Cons
Very small pay raises once a year.
I love my job and the flexibility that comes with it. My area manager is awesome and always available for her employees! I just wish I had more hours and better pay but overall it's a great company to work for!
This is by far the best merchandising job I have ever had and I have worked for over 30 companies at one time. The work is easy and my manager is the best. My manager is always available if I need to ask a question or get direction amd she did a very thorough job training me.
Very laid back. Can work your own hours. My boss is a very nice patient man. It is not hard work. It is easy and fun. You can ask for a lot of work or just a little work. You pretty much work as much as you want to.
Pros
Set your own hours.
Cons
Only part time job.
Fun job with opportunities to meet lots of interesting people. Solitary work with deadlines that go weekly. Lots of inventory to keep on hand. So storage is an issue.
Pros
Very flexible.
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement, and storage space.
This was my first job out of college. Everyone who works there is very young and eager to work. I learned a lot my first two years at NAM, but I do not see much room for growth.
Dead end job where you place signs in stores - if you are pro environment you will hate this place. They are extremely wasteful and don’t seem to care. No raises, expect you to use your car and say they reimburse you but try buying a new one after you wear yours out and have reduced your down payment and earn less than $15/hour. Move on. There are better jobs out there .