News America Marketing Employee Reviews

Corporate greed
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, MNOctober 16, 2018
Area managers drive corporate vehicles. They have free stay in motes and gas reimbursement. Merchandisers make less than McDonalds and do all the hard work.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Wear & Tear on your car
Fun, easy fast pace
Cart Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I love working for News America Marketing! Management was horrible! She said one thing then turned around and said another. Very unprofessional and rude Management who spoke about her other employees as well as how much they were getting paid, just a lot of stuff with that lady.
Honestly the easiest job I've ever had, pay was not too bad either. Got paid mileage and drive time and the best part was getting paid weekly! If it wasn't for the horrible managment. I would still be working for the company.
Pros
Great pay, Easy work, Paid Mileage, Paid Admin time, Paid drive time, internet expenses paid
Cons
Management was nothing but drama and unprofessional.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GASeptember 6, 2018
It is a nice company to work for my managers are really great people, I like that your schedule is flexible and you get to meet a lot of great people in different places
Work your own schedule
Certified Rep Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 21, 2018
Flexible on times, for the most part. Occasionally they'll drop a job on you without any warning that needs to be done in a day but for the most part you have 7 days to work anytime you want to get it done.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no vacation, no sick pay, no healthcare
I love my job, because I was able to do it on my own time.
Quality Assurance Risk Auditor-Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2018
I was working in Puerto Rico for this company and it was what I needed at the moment. Gave me the independence and the opportunity to work on my own and from my home.
Pros
a field job that enables you to choose time and day to do it.
Cons
lots of traveling in the city
Self starting
In-Store Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Materials delivered to the house. Work with a Microsoft Surface to direct your to your tasks which must be completed within a time frame determined by Company.
Pleasant atmosphere
Rep-Marketing & Merchandising (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
Very flexible hours, enough time during the week, provide great training, usually with videos. Management helpful, sympathetic when a problem arises.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Has gone down hill in the last few years
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
I loved working here for the first 5 years, the last year and a half was rough. Very little communication between upper management. Layoffs pretty consistently every 3 months. Terrible work life balance. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Work on your own time
Independent Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 23, 2018
This job allowed me to work and choose my schedule. As long as I got my work done within the week, all was well........................................
Pros
Very easy going
Cons
Not great pay
Great part time job
In Store Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 17, 2018
I love this job! This company puts forth a lot of effort and training for their employees. Management is wonderful and very willing to help with anything. You are on your own with this position, you go to different grocery, retail and dollar stores to install advertising ads. You make your own hours, just make sure you have your work completed by Thursday at 5pm. You get paid mileage from store to store, and payday is every Friday. The company provides you with all the supplies needed for installation in stores.
Pros
Independent work, weekly pay, great management, mileage reimbursement
Cons
Not enough hours
Was great.. now..just a job
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Was a great company that really felt like a family. that has changed in recent years. Too many cliques. The culture is now forced. It's unfortunate how much the company has changed.
great place to work
In Store Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2018
Challenging and can interact with others and work place changes daily. my area manager is great to work for and very easy to talk to about the job. meeting different people everyday
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
deadlines
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 20, 2018
Have to be work oriented, expectations are a lot but they offer a good compensation.
Always something new to learn.
Fun environment.
Managers are just awesome, innovative and productive.
Great job
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJune 11, 2018
I love being able to pick my time and day to do my ad changes. The manager is always available if there are any questions about the job to be done. Would recommend this job.
Pros
Choosing the time and date to do my job
Cons
Not that many hours
go into differant stores per mount changing advertising
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  scJune 7, 2018
all work is send via email. Plan work from home. Travel store to store changing out advertising. You are paid weekly. You also receive a gas card, and are paid milage.
Stressful due to management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 5, 2018
I loved this company and would have loved to stick with it had the management been more fair and gave more hours. Never had enough equipment available. My stores were always criticized while others were left untouched. Bad communication.
Pros
Setting own hours, pay
Cons
Management and lack of hours, no benefits
not many hours
In-Store Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cadwell, Idaho, Nampa, ID, Homedale, IDMay 29, 2018
You will not be able to pay bills with this job, if you have someone else who can provide income, put on their health insurance plan and you just need some extra spending money this could work out for you.
Pros
flexible hours, time off when you want but not paid
Cons
too few hours, wear and tear on car going from store to store and town to twon, pay
Good management
In Store Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 24, 2018
Management is very hands on, helpful and responsive. Hours are quite flexible, but long for a part-time job. have to fill car and part of home with much equipment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Work/life balance not good
Fun Job! Flexible
In Store Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 11, 2018
The job is overall very great! It's flexible to accommodate a home life. However, there is no consistency in the hours and upper management over rides your report to manager on such a regular basis it truly messes more up then it helps leaving you hanging for a good portion of your already slow week. Lack of accountability with upper management on their errors. They will always find some way to place the blame on you or your territory manager.
It was so fun! Loved it
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Brazoria, TXMay 2, 2018
great work experience miss working there! Great people, great management. And you can work at your own pace. No one is there standing over you, you can do your job,and as long as you do your work and do it right no one will bother you.
Pros
have to have a car
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at News America Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight