NewsLink Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you want to sell your sole.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2017
Manger lacks professionalism when necessary. Manager shares a great sense of bias towards specific ethnic group. Manager fail to communicate effectively with employees. Because of managers favoritism attitude, employees are forced into divisions. Change in management strategies can really benefit the company in cultural, minimizing loss, and increase in revenue.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Culture, Management
productive workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 27, 2017
My main objective of work is professional attention, fast and quality, with the client, managing to cover the needs of the client and that can leave satisfied with the service provided by me.
Pros
the opportunity to work
Cons
it is not my professional profyle
Excelente
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 15, 2017
Newslink es una Gran Empresa. Fue mi primera experiencia en Los Estados Unidos gracias a Moises Portnoy Manager General gran conocedor de su trabajo supe realizar el verdadero Customer Service, de enganchar, amalgamarme con los clientes. Nunca voy a olvidar esta Super CompaƱia. Gracias Newslink, Gracias Moises Portnoy.
Productive and really busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMarch 28, 2017
My work place it's really busy because its at the airport. My job it's to offer products to the customer help to satisfy their needs. I also participate at inventories, take charge of the store, make sure everything it's organized and fully stocked.
Pros
50% off on the company production
Cons
They have a very unstable schedule
Great for a stepping stone, but be warned
CORPORATE JOURNALIST (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 26, 2017
Awful place to work. Management is horrible and they are so out of touch with the working journalists and how they handle accounts, travel and staying in cheap motels. If you are an editor or designer this company is fine, you have it easy. Don't work here as a journalist.
Pros
Travel and see new places
Cons
really nice place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2016
it was fun and interesting work there, I learned many new things and especially because it was my first job in the United States, so the most important thing he taught me was the working system of this country and to face my fears and break language barriers
Pros
know people of different nationalities
Cons
short breaks
Productive and hard work place
Helper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 8, 2015
This work place is hard, but I felt that I grew up as a worker and develop my skills at work. Be punctual and disciplined is the first aspect to have in this big company.
Very nice
Book Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 29, 2015
Very nice environment. I was working as a professor but I also had to maintain the classroom in good condition. Overall very good experience.
Day to Day activities at work.
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2015
hard environment, with a lot of challanges daily. managing varity of employees.
Pros
holidays paid
Cons
health care to expensive.
Retail Supervisor
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2014
A. READING TEXT

Retail Supervisors read memos and e-mails, check their own records and logs. They keep
up to date with products and prices. They are familiar with policies and procedures.
B. USE OF DOCUMENTS
Retail Supervisors handle a large number of forms and templates. They review bank records
to track discrepancies. They requisition services from other departments, keep track of
supplies and order what is needed. They compile reports on daily profits, losses, and
variance from different areas. They provide staffing information for Payroll.
C. WRITING
Retail Supervisors write e-mails, memos and log entries. They write incident reports and
annual evaluation reports. They may write and revise manuals for use in their own area.
D. NUMERACY
Retail Supervisors oversee the handling, totaling, and recording of cash and credit
transactions in the store.
Retail Supervisors review records for
accuracy or discrepancies, estimates office needs and orders supplies.
E. ORAL COMMUNICATION
Retail Supervisors create a friendly, open environment for staff and customers. They deploy
staff, deal with conflict, coach and advise staff. They report regularly to the manager.
F. THINKING SKILLS
Retail Supervisors track variances. They troubleshoot a variety of machines and systems.
They review sales data with the manager to determine what areas are profitable.
G. WORKING WITH OTHERS
Retail Supervisors work in close proximity with their staff in a fast-paced environment. They
are open and approachable to listen to all staff issues with equal attention.
  more...
H. COMPUTER USE
Retail Supervisors use basic accounting programs with confidence and frequency. They use
several different computerized systems and generate daily reports. They use e-mail and
word processing, and record data on spreadsheets, often of their own creation.
I. CONTINUOUS LEARNING
Retail Supervisors bring previous experience to the job and they learn on the job and from
co-workers.
J. OTHER INFORMATION
Retail Supervisors are on their feet most of the shift. They do some lifting. They require
manual dexterity for keyboarding. They are positive, attentive and respectful. An optimistic
approach is the way to keep a good atmosphere within the department.
Productive, laid back, and friendly atmosphere
Corporate Journalist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 13, 2013
Each day starts with a briefing on writing, AP style and tips on news gathering.
As a corporate journalist, I travel every month to gather news for certain clients for their company newsletter.
Management is always available when needed. The atmosphere is always positive, uplifting and goal oriented.
Co-workers are very helpful as we all work towards the same goals.
The hardest part of the job is traveling. Being on the road for a minimum of nine days out of each month can be difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your work appear in a client's newsletter. What's even more enjoyable is seeing the client happy with a finished newsletter and inviting you back to their company to write the next edition.
Pros
Close proximity, quiet atmosphere, productivity driven.
Cons
Extensive traveling, quick deadlines, and daily meetings.
Not so good salary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2013
nice co-worker, read magazines all day
supervisors excellent