NewsMax Media, Inc.

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Growing company.

Worked at Newsmax for four years and enjoyed it. I’m proud of the work my team and I accomplished. I would consider working there again if the right opportunity presented itself. I have been impressed with the growth

Pros

The people who worked there

Cons

High turnover

This Company Is Evil

Run away. This is not the company that anyone should ever work for. If you value a healthy work environment and a company that wants to see that you are successful so that the company can be successful then this is not the company that you should work for. You might be fired without any warning without being given a reason like many people have been, that financial instability creates an unhealthy cut-throat work environment. Working for and at this company would only be recommend if you have nothing to lose, in summary; run away.

Pleasant staff

Focus on developing TV station Looking for high profile guests in conservative politics and compete with existing conservative market . Identifies as independent

my dream job. Everything I ever wanted or wanted to be

Newsmax media is a top, professional run organization that strives for perfection is all fields of endeavor and usually achieves it. Newsmax is on the cutting edge and aims to stay there.

Pros

yes free lunch working on holidays, top shelf equipment to work with, well trained management and good support for new comers.

Cons

Wish I could find one, hard as I try, there just isn't any

Poor

From bad to worse. Used to be a thriving place, if you could stand their politics. Now it keeps shrinking. They have a fantasy of being a TV power, and are cutting everywhere else. Employees are robots to CEO.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Call center Basics

This job was the usual customer service call center. There was always OT when needed. There was a set 10am to 7pm schedule but could be added to on the front or back side to fit my schedule.

Fun environment

Newsmax was fun to work for and offered lots of challenges with option to learn every aspect of different jobs. The management was nice and very accommodating to your needs and wants. It was faced paced, but easy learning. The company was a conservative writing publication as well as subscription based, so there was a lot to learn.

Pros

Got to meet alot of political people

Cons

Can hit a glass ceiling

Fairly relaxed call center environment.

Decent atmosphere for a call center, fairly relaxed environment and average advancement opportunities. Good benefits and PTO available, as well as a decent variety of departments available. It was a growing company.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Limited growth options available at the time

The Newsmax Call Center was a fun place to work.

The great thing was that we all got to participate in the company wide events. However, we really could not help but feel like a boiler room group as we were hardly acknowledged at all by the higher ups at these events. The benefits package was fair and the salary was competitive enough. But as with most call centers time is fleeting and because it was a small center, opportunities for advancement were minimal.

Lots of potential, no future

This is a company that nothing will get done unless the CEO approves of it, which most likely he won't. 0 communication, very empty office, and lots of layoffs. Unfortunately all the talented people here end up leaving. Great coffee, some nice fruits and good drinks.

Worst Company i ever worked for

Very poor management. Every few weeks i would see them let people go, then hire new the following week. It was the worst environment to be in. Very stressful wondering if you were next to be let go.

Not a very conducive environment

The workplace culture at this establishment has been very draining and not very friendly. I learned what to expect from the ownership of this company. Not much!

Great Place to work

I enjoyed working for the company, the only reason why I left is because I moved out of state. Great place to work, and the people are very nice. If you like helping people, and selling this is the job for you.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

missed my co workers

Depends on what management is doing this week

Decent place to work, but haphazard management with no long-term plans make it a challenge that seems to vary from week-to-week. Solid pay and some promotion opportunities, but not many.

My Time at Newsmax

I have to say that I was more than pleasantly surprised with my experience. It was overall a fun and exciting culture. My line of work what at the Boca Raton call center, where I was among a team twenty or so outbound call center agents. The call center in of itself was not by any means an ultimate career goal, but the company offers exciting opportunities from within. The benefits package is second to none.

Pros

Nice company

Cons

Upper management might be somewhat inaccessible.

Stressful work environment

The company overworks their employees, But the schedule is great. The holiday parties are always nice. The company generally takes care of their employees.

Pros

free lunch

Overall pretty good

Not a bad place to work. Some bad management but great coworkers. The hardest part is there is no thinking ahead, and the company does not have the resources to succeed.

Promotions occur on a 'I like you' basis or nepotism.

Most Managers in Customer Service were less qualified than the Service Representatives. High turnover rate. Promotions were never based on experience and qualifications. Business practices regarding subscriptions were not handled in the most ethical manner. In the last year due to the Company's restructuring to acquire Newsmax TV, a lot of employees were laid off/fired. Well, the Newsmax TV is new, so maybe after the dust settles from the growth spur, I imagine there should be new work opportunities.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

Jobs were created with specific people in mind, but I've heard that this is normal business practice for many Companies.

horrible place

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Micro-management! All the supervisor's and manager's had their favorites and if they didn't like you they sure would let you know it by being snobby and very rude. This place is ran by a bunch of 20 something's kids that haven't even got a clue as to how to properly manage a call center. Constantly gossiping instead of actually doing any work. And no room for growth with this place, not to mention the pay, you will never get a raise. Word of advice.....avoid this company like the plague.

Pros

free drinks and snacks

Cons

micro management. no room for growth. so called team players.

Temporary Warehouse Associate

I had worked for this company and the assistant manager need to improve his people skills. Good fast pace work with good benefits.

fune place to work

The company has great benefits. Management is very encouraging. i met some good people while i was working for NewsMax. The CEO is very good and i approve him. The benefits are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewsMax Media, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• NewsMax Media, Inc.