Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH) Employee Reviews

I have been happy working as a Per Diem RN at NWH. The staff are pleasant and helpful. Management is available at all times.
Registered Nurse, Oncology/Medical/Surgical Floor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 15, 2018
I only work on weekends as a Per Diem Nurse. All co-workers are welcoming and helpful, genuinely happy to greet new employees. My manager is available via email or phone, since she does not typically work weekends. The workplace culture is helpful and patient oriented. The most difficult part of the job is making every patient feel like he/she is my only patient. Patients don't understand that an RN must prioritize based on acuity of their conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day when I know I have made my patients comfortable, I have done the best for them during my shift, and they acknowledge my efforts with a "thank you" and ask if they will see me the next day. That is so gratifying to me, to be appreciated by the patients.
Work Place Culture
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 25, 2018
I love working for NWH, such a great company to work for. The atmosphere here is always so welcoming. There is always room to grow. I like the awards and recognition ceremonies, its nice to know someone is watching and saying good things. Being in the medical field is a thank-less job and its nice to be recognized.
NWH discharges its mission of patient care nobly; by nature of patient flow and needs it can get busy
Storeroom Manager. Earlier: Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton Lower Falls, MAJuly 17, 2018
Typically each day I would stock patient floors and the OR with supplies - or, in my later position, manage the Storeroom and create requisitions to restock. I learned many strategies to be efficient in my work, and, I think, how to treat coworkers and subordinates fairly. Management varied. Workplace culture was pretty collaborative and congenial. The hardest part of the job was keeping up sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was my relations with management, colleagues, subordinates, and other departments.
Pros
Good work culture and fair treatment by management
Cons
None that weren't typical of a busy environment.
Great hospital to work for!
New Hire Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 8, 2018
Wonderful hospital - great opportunities and great staff!

I work with wonderful people who have offered me the opportunity to grow and learn on a daily basis!
Pros
Great Healthcare
Cons
Designated holidays are deducted from your PTO.
Okay Place
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 26, 2018
I really like the flexibility, team player, nice co-workers. Very disappointed when I got the job offer never had such bad experience, very low pay. What I was told that was going get pay at the interview was decrease at the time they called for the job offer.
Pros
Team player, flexible scheduled.
Cons
Very low pay .
Pool etc
CNA, PCA floating pool and Transport Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 10, 2018
I have immensely enjoyed working in one of the fines Hospital in Boston Massachusetts my experience was greatly rewarding NWH was in the 10 best Hospital in the USA
Pros
Holidays
Cons
30 minutes Breaks
Beautiful facility, exceptional patient care, changing culture
Practice Manager II, Dept of Surgery (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 10, 2018
The evolving Healthcare environment naturally impacts the culture of any organization. Overall I was very happy working at the hospital for many years.
the partners umbrella offers good benifits
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 19, 2018
Great organization to work for. They offer free employee parking which is impossible to find in any of the hospitals in the greater Boston area. Their cafeteria is also pretty good.
I was not intitled to the hospitals benifits because of the postion has a travel technologist.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with staff and patients in this area. I was a travel Technologist at this site. I really hated leaving when my contract was up. The supervisor was very helpful in my training.
Labor and Delivery Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 28, 2018
Pay rate is fabulous . The usual cut backs and budget oriented. We have what is needed to work in a safe environment providing exceptional care to our patients.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Business oriented
Amazing
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 13, 2018
I loved working for Newton Wellsley. I didnt want to leave! I only discontinued employment due to moving out of the state. I couldnt say enough great things about this facility, and the staff.
Great Temp position
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2018
Laid back environment. Management was cool. Just get your job done. The training was great and very helpful. My manager was really understanding of my situation. I had 2 parents with sever illness.
Pros
good pay and parking
Cons
Temp positoin
Amazing place to work.
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 18, 2018
This position allowed me to express how much I care about other people since my job is mainly taking care of my patients. There are also opportunities here.
Great atmosphere! Terrific people throughout the entire hospital!
Staff Nurse / Resource Nurse / Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 12, 2018
This was one of my favorite hospital jobs ever!!! I enjoyed it all from my peers to the management. They have a caring staff in every single unit of the hospital!
Pros
Friendliness
Cons
Tight parking araea
Productive & fun place to work
Medical Administrator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newton Wellesley HospitalOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work. Doctors are very pleasant & fun to work with. Hours can be flexible. Employees & office staff are friendly & easy to work together as a team.
Op sup.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 3, 2018
Newton Wellesley is a beautiful facility with some of the greatest nurses you can find. Unfortunately for me it was not a great fit. I didn't feel like the department I worked for was well organized and the responsibilities and priorities were not considered. Had I been properly trained I know I would've excelled at my career there.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Unqualified management
Foreign Physician, Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts,April 23, 2018
It is a very diversify workplace. I don't know for others, but when it comes to my experience it has been great, the only I have is my schedule.They don't want to give me a 12hrs shift or two double. since I am doing my Master in Public Health and I have to study for USMLE STEP 1, which is my medical board exam.
Pros
some time free lunch
Cons
short break every day
Super helpful and a great experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  3 WestMay 13, 2018
My time at Newton Wellesley Hospital is time I wouldnt trade. The staff worked very hard for the patients but also for the nursing students on the floor and I appreciate the time i had there very much
Pros
Had a clinical instructor and peers on the floor with me
Cons
Some miscommunications
This is a good fun place to work
Medical Administrator/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 19, 2018
I work in several positions check out secretary, check in secretary
Insurance approvals and referrals, insurance eligibility. Scheduling appointments, rescheduling appointments
excellent anesthesia care
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 12, 2018
great community hospital with bread and butter cases. Interesting mix of cases. No call. Great benefits. Wonderful working relationship with all of the anesthesia department. Free parking!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH). Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight