Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH) Employee Reviews

Great hospital to work for!
New Hire Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 8, 2018
Wonderful hospital - great opportunities and great staff!

I work with wonderful people who have offered me the opportunity to grow and learn on a daily basis!
Pros
Great Healthcare
Cons
Designated holidays are deducted from your PTO.
Labor and Delivery Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 28, 2018
Pay rate is fabulous . The usual cut backs and budget oriented. We have what is needed to work in a safe environment providing exceptional care to our patients.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Business oriented
the partners umbrella offers good benifits
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 19, 2018
Great organization to work for. They offer free employee parking which is impossible to find in any of the hospitals in the greater Boston area. Their cafeteria is also pretty good.
Productive & fun place to work
Medical Administrator/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newton Wellesley HospitalOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work. Doctors are very pleasant & fun to work with. Hours can be flexible. Employees & office staff are friendly & easy to work together as a team.
Work Place Culture
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 25, 2018
I love working for NWH, such a great company to work for. The atmosphere here is always so welcoming. There is always room to grow. I like the awards and recognition ceremonies, its nice to know someone is watching and saying good things. Being in the medical field is a thank-less job and its nice to be recognized.
Okay Place
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 26, 2018
I really like the flexibility, team player, nice co-workers. Very disappointed when I got the job offer never had such bad experience, very low pay. What I was told that was going get pay at the interview was decrease at the time they called for the job offer.
Pros
Team player, flexible scheduled.
Cons
Very low pay .
I was not intitled to the hospitals benifits because of the postion has a travel technologist.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with staff and patients in this area. I was a travel Technologist at this site. I really hated leaving when my contract was up. The supervisor was very helpful in my training.
Great Temp position
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2018
Laid back environment. Management was cool. Just get your job done. The training was great and very helpful. My manager was really understanding of my situation. I had 2 parents with sever illness.
Pros
good pay and parking
Cons
Temp positoin
NWH discharges its mission of patient care nobly; by nature of patient flow and needs it can get busy
Storeroom Manager. Earlier: Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton Lower Falls, MAJuly 17, 2018
Typically each day I would stock patient floors and the OR with supplies - or, in my later position, manage the Storeroom and create requisitions to restock. I learned many strategies to be efficient in my work, and, I think, how to treat coworkers and subordinates fairly. Management varied. Workplace culture was pretty collaborative and congenial. The hardest part of the job was keeping up sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was my relations with management, colleagues, subordinates, and other departments.
Pros
Good work culture and fair treatment by management
Cons
None that weren't typical of a busy environment.
Great atmosphere! Terrific people throughout the entire hospital!
Staff Nurse / Resource Nurse / Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 12, 2018
This was one of my favorite hospital jobs ever!!! I enjoyed it all from my peers to the management. They have a caring staff in every single unit of the hospital!
Pros
Friendliness
Cons
Tight parking araea
This is a good fun place to work
Medical Administrator/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 19, 2018
I work in several positions check out secretary, check in secretary
Insurance approvals and referrals, insurance eligibility. Scheduling appointments, rescheduling appointments
excellent anesthesia care
CRNA (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 12, 2018
great community hospital with bread and butter cases. Interesting mix of cases. No call. Great benefits. Wonderful working relationship with all of the anesthesia department. Free parking!
Great team
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 23, 2018
People work well together. Population is wonderful to work with. A terrible disease needs special staff. Families are very dedicated to their loved ones
Productive, great work place
Volunteer Intern (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 18, 2018
Management is great, a typical day at work involves checking patients in and out and answering high volume phone calls. The work environment is extremely comfortable and friendly.
Super helpful and a great experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  3 WestMay 13, 2018
My time at Newton Wellesley Hospital is time I wouldnt trade. The staff worked very hard for the patients but also for the nursing students on the floor and I appreciate the time i had there very much
Pros
Had a clinical instructor and peers on the floor with me
Cons
Some miscommunications
Op sup.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 3, 2018
Newton Wellesley is a beautiful facility with some of the greatest nurses you can find. Unfortunately for me it was not a great fit. I didn't feel like the department I worked for was well organized and the responsibilities and priorities were not considered. Had I been properly trained I know I would've excelled at my career there.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Unqualified management
Excellent Boston Hospital
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 3, 2018
Newton Wellesley Hospital is a teaching hospital outside Boston.
The level of care there is excellent, culture, benefits and wages excellent. I would work there again.
Pros
Wages, benefits
Rewarding
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 24, 2018
Overall working with the patients was very rewarding, and humbling. Working with cancer patients definitely made me see things in a different manner, and offered me new knowledge.
Foreign Physician, Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts,April 23, 2018
It is a very diversify workplace. I don't know for others, but when it comes to my experience it has been great, the only I have is my schedule.They don't want to give me a 12hrs shift or two double. since I am doing my Master in Public Health and I have to study for USMLE STEP 1, which is my medical board exam.
Pros
some time free lunch
Cons
short break every day
Environment conducive to learning
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 15, 2018
I felt that the environment at NWH allowed me to learn a lot about healthcare/nursing while also practicing my clinical skills. The staff were largely very welcoming and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newton-Wellesley Hospital(NWH). Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight