Newton Instrument Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great people and owner
Environmental, Safety & Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCFebruary 26, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Newton Instrument Company. The owner of the company is a very compassionate person that really does take an interest in the well being of all employees.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Doesn't embrace change very well.
Wholesome, Honest Work
Plating & Finishing Associate (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCOctober 31, 2017
I would Arrive at work very early (4:00 am) to put plate finishings on various metal parts in an generally easygoing atmosphere. The hardest parts were working around potentially hazardous chemicals. I mostly enjoyed the fact that arriving to work at 4am meant being released at 2pm, making my afternoons free!
Pros
Benefits (401k, BlueCross/Blueshield)
Cons
Potentially Hazardous
very hit and miss place
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCSeptember 26, 2017
They don't really seem to care to much of their employees. One small screw up and you are gone. People are not typically friendly a make the workplace unpleasant at times.
ok
Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCJune 26, 2017
While the company was in operation it was a pretty ok place to work. pretty good wage for the work performed. I had a great experience there. They have awful benefits.
Productive and fun place to work with great people
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCMay 26, 2015
Family type atmosphere with great friends to work with. Ability to move around or up in the company. exercise program that lets you take walks at break or lunch
Pros
Nice people
Productive and fun place to work
Planner/programmer/Sub Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCFebruary 9, 2015
Great Family oriented place to work , Lot of good people ,overall very enjoyable Place to work with good benefits and good Management.
exciting and fun to work. They cared about there employees.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed the time I was employed at Newtons Inst. I am very interested in returning back to be an employee.
Pros
Everyone worked together.
Cons
Not enough over time
Do not judge the book by it's cover....
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCFebruary 14, 2014
This started out to be an ok job. As the years and business went by, it did a 360 turn. It went from a very family and employee interactive company to no interaction with either. Only your work schedule, nothing extra. Which in turn made the extreme heat and the dirty dirty filth unbearable. As a regular employee, was constantly having to refresh the supervisor on processes. Therefore I don't see the supervisor very good at all. The pay was the worst part, they have had a pay freeze for at least 5 years or more. Also, a very very dead end job.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
All the above and constantly not following OSHA regulations.

Want to know more about Newton Instrument Company?

Ask a question