Newton Wellesley Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun and caring place to work
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAMarch 15, 2018
Responsible for handling all inbound calls into the hospital. Also changing paging status for doctors, updating on call schedules and activated emergency protocol.
Student Nurse
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 2, 2018
I was a student nurse there. Everyone was super nice and accommodating and I had a really good experience. I was not actually working there so i dont feel i can leave an honest review
Competitive place to work that allows growth
Patient Coordinator III (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 28, 2018
NWH is a great place to work and it gives you the opportunity to advance in your career field. They give you a competitive package plus they offer tuition reimbursement as well.
Pros
Always overtime to work
Cons
only 30 minute breaks
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 23, 2018
~ Worked as a medical assistant in Urgent Care setting; Responsible for updating chart information, performed vitals, report abnormal values to the nurse, ordered inventory supplies, attended phone calls, splinting, lab draws, EKG.
Was a great place to work. I left due to family illness or I would still be working there.
Phlebotomy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJanuary 30, 2018
There was never a dull moment, busy and rewarding at the same time. Loved the atmosphere; patients were the best part of the job. You tend to get attached to them and watch them grow. I learned a lot from this position.
Nice community hospital very close to Boston
Nurse Practitioner/Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 5, 2017
Very nice community hospital with many of the perks of a large tertiary care facility with the benefits of a community hospital. Everyone knows each other, everyone is friendly and polite.
Great first job
Technical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 22, 2017
NWH has given me a great opportunity for my first real job in my career field. I took this job as a stepping stone and they have helped me to figure out what I want to do and how to go about furthering my education and career.
Pros
33 days PTO, great community
Cons
low pay, horrible commute, off-site parking
Hospital based position
Med-Surg Float Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAOctober 6, 2017
This was a very fast paced environment and I worked on many different units on any given day. It was fast paced and stressful but at the same time it was enjoyable and rewarding and the fellow co-workers were all very nice and friendly.
wow
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2017
incredible work environment that produces efficient driven and focused employees able to thrive in high stress situation. Highly recommended work opportunity
hardest part
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 6, 2017
some new workers get paid more than current ones, typical day at work goes by fast if you work with good co-workers, management can be rough but understanding usually
benefits
Cons
un-fairness
Great place to work at
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 4, 2017
I loved working at NWH, the only problem I had was the commute.
Unfortunately I had to take some time off for personal reasons. other than that It's a great place.
Great Place to work.
Staff Mammographer (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 13, 2017
My experience working a Newton Wellesley has been a positive one. Newton Wellesley has given me the opportunity to grow in my field and work with the best state of the art equipment. My co-workers are considerate, friendly, and kindhearted. We are supportive of each other and help each other when needed. It's a great place to work.
Pros
Free parking great benefits.
Cons
Long commute for me
it was tough times
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 9, 2017
there were so much discrimination against minorities in the work place but there was help and support from the nurses and the support staff which made it possible.
great place to work
Switchboard operator/patient service assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 1, 2017
it is a friendly, kind, and professional place to work. The managers treat their employees fairly. The hospital has frequent employee activities that are fun and festive.
I'm very good at what I do .
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 25, 2017
I Really love the work .I worked the 2nd shift and it was a very easy shift keeping up with the ER .
I Work 2nd shift and I learn a lot from nurses & doctors it was great up date meeting every Tuesday to up date teams .
Pros
They have nice nurses & doctors
Cons
the manger who is no longer there was very mean .
No Feedback
Deptarment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed the people I work with, but because of illness and other "probationary things" it wasn't a good fit. No solid feedback of your work was given, so you never knew If you were doing your job correctly or failing
Awesome
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 22, 2017
Awesome place to work... Everyone is very friendly and work well with each other... Job is very interesting and always keeping busy... I love working here...
Great
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 5, 2017
Nice place to work and coworkers are helpful. There is growth opportunity throughout hospital. Managers are very helpful and understanding and will try to assist in any way possible.
Pros
great insurances
Cons
30 minute breaks
I had clinical here
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 24, 2017
It was a good clinical and it was a very good hospital. I would like to work here as a nurse. They care about their patients and have good work environment
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAMay 15, 2017
Nice job to have if you are in school for science or nursing. Flexible hours and great management. Loves interacting with patients and tons of room to advance.