NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,114 reviews matching the search See all 1,118 reviews
High quality hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
The pay is not as good for an outpatient position as it is in-patient. Also, the tuition reimbursement is much worse when you work outpatient. Overall, I feel respected and work load is not too much.
Pros
Reputable name, a lot of resources
Cons
Low pay, no union
Overall Excellent Work Environment
Site Administrator Procurement & Support Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
New York Presbyterian afford me the opportunity to improve my skill and molded me to a higher level in the organization. My leadership skills in management in which I have learned throughout the years make me an asset for any organization going forward.
No Job security, no communication and ALOT of favoritism!
Security (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYAugust 15, 2018
In that building there was no communication AT ALL and nobody can give a straight answer to the simplest of questions! Any issues (and there were alot) that were brought to any of the directors were blown off and never taken care of. Management for the different departments have family friends, and children of family friends working in their departments so they let them do and get away with whatever they want but will turn around and punish the next person for doing the same exact thing. People are supposed to be supplied with uniforms but that doesnt happen due to directors being so lazy but then the people who are supposed to supply uniforms will then turn around and discipline people for being "Out of uniform". Somehow there are so many people working in that building who dont seem to have any common sense and if you or anybody you know gets to work there it will be found out first hand...Theres alot wrong with that building and the people that work there, ALOT!
Pros
Still thinking..
Cons
Everything!
Productive day was discharging at less 10patients from the ED
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2018
Working in the ED was a fast pacing exciting environment. Team work was crucial to patient care in a level 2 Trauma ED. Often times as a Social Worker you would ensure patient safety measures were implemented.
Pros
great restaurants for lunch
Cons
short staff
Busy Busy
Mother-Baby Ambassador (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2018
I volunteered on the mohter-baby unit. It was very quite. Every one was quite and happy with their new bundle of joy. The managers and RNs were very nice to me.
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
This job is a nice place to work. I am a central sterile tech, am feel that I make a difference in patients life. I am usually in the endoscopic area where we reprocess scope. I am in charge of my area. It is a very busy department. We service the entire hospital. My current management is amazing. They keep us informed bout all the changes in the hospital and the make sure you have the tools to work with. They are also very open and flexible. The hardest part about my job is when its really busy and we are shot staff and not enough scopes. That mean I I have get all the scopes turned over an ready for the next case. My co work are the best, we are like a big family here. I am also on an engagement committee, were we plan fun things to do for staff, like anniversary, promotion, thanksgiving and sometimes just because.
Hard work, dedicated teams
Practice Administrator, Specialties (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
No day is alike in managing medical practices. Often that makes the days go by more quickly while other times days could be long and arduous. Keeping up with the many, many regulatory requirement deliverables was challenging, especially when they were overly task-oriented and less about patient/employee safety and more about checking boxes. When the team is motivated and lead the way toward making progress and reaching goals was always the best part of the job. Having strong teams and developing them made the most difference.
perks are amazing
Unit Assis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
It's a good hospital to work for when it comes to specialty, they are truly amazing

It's a very big hospital

Very diverse
They are very flexible working with your schedule espcecially when it comes to school.
The union in this hospital offers to pay for school and you can work around it and still keep your job

The hospital offers different shifts that can work with you

Theyre a lot of amazing supervisors and directors
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Great place to work. the staff and environment is a great place to be at. learned a lot and appreciate my time being there. Overall nothing but positive remarks
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Housekeeping was a very busy job.Making sure every room was clean the floor wax bathroom also clean i have learned a lot doing housekeeping and enjoying my job with other co-workers doing afternoon or night shift. Nothing was hard about doing housekeeping because we all including myself have to make sure we keep the hospital clean for the patients the pay was good
Pros
half hour lunch
Cons
healthcare, insurance

Want to know more about NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital?

Ask a question
Relaxed place of work
Psychiatry Reception Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2018
Great place of learning. Great ambiance and employee morale. Incentives given to promote team work and improve employee relations. Great place with good growth opportunity.
Pros
Flexible with breaks
Cons
Transportation and location
Great benefits, poor staff
RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
The benefits are awesome I am happy to be an employee most of the time. I think they try their best to make you feel appreciated. I think my issues lie with a lot entitled staff who are particularly mean to younger staff like myself. I think the work culture needs improvement
Benefits
Cons
Staff
Fantastic company to work for
System Hardware Analyst III Information Services (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 30, 2018
New York Presbyterian hospital is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The career opportunities and the diversity of its employees is a shining example of what New York City represents.
IT Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
NYP really tries to enforce a positive, culturally diverse workplace centered around respect. It's the kind of place where people work there for over 20 years but have had a chance to work in a number of different types of jobs. They encourage internal promotion and innovation
Great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 26, 2018
I worked at NY Presbyterian for over 2 years. My experience from that jobs my department was under new management. My supervisor was new to the facility and making new changes that was effected my department.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Short Breaks
Short staffed
Unit Administrative Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
New York Presbyterian nursing floors was always short staffed. Never had adequate Nurses or Nursing Attendants to take care of the sick patients. Very Sad.
Finance Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
Administrative duties required check verification through Chase bank for security or payment/payroll process. Working with Assistant Treasurer and 7 affiliated hospitals to process account payable transaction and payroll information through the Finance department.

Work directly with Assistant Treasure, 2 staff accountants, and Hanys and AON insurance agents.
Pros
Job was enjoyable loved work environment with supervisor.
Cons
No con to the job loved working offsite location at 38th street.
Large medical Institution
Waste Management Attendant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Long hours, grueling manual labor, learned to be quick on my feet. A typical day includes removing over 6 tons of garbage daily from hospital trash stages.
Good place for experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
This was my first and last bedside job. It's really difficult to get hired, but it is great experience. It's a NYC hospital so very busy and can be very stressful, but I will always value my experience there and I feel like I can work anywhere now.
good workplace for moving up
Patient Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  622 w 168th streetJuly 23, 2018
it is a great workplace to move up in but it can be stressful at times. It has an amazing union which is 1199 benefits are great no copays or deductibles. Union works hard to protect their workers.
Pros
union

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight