NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

United States2,307 reviews

Found 2,307 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,321 reviews
presbyterianhospitalyorknyphpatientnursenypqstaff

Great company to work for

NYPH has a great benefit package, decent compensation and a good work life balance. If i still lived in NY, I would work for them in a heartbeat! I am hoping they follow other NY hospitals and open a satellite office in Palm Beach.

Good place

Managers are understanding for the most part. Great job security with our union. Overall decent place to work. Wish the pay was more but its average For the city I think

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great name not so great management

I have worked for the hospital 17 years and the last 6 have seen horrible ineffective management that does absolutely not care about night staff. Riddled with employee shortages continuously short staffed and assignments are horrible due to staffing issues. Weekends your basically on your as management doesn’t work weekends.

Great co-workers

Healthcare has changed dramatically since COVID. NYP has done their best to try and staff us as properly as they can, I believe, however even with all the travelers we are still struggling.

Good workplace and friendly employees

This is a fairly good hospital to work for . The cons are really the patients . Welcoming staff . Great structure and work ethics . Lots of perks and appreciation for employees like catering or free snacks . This hospital can get very busy . If your a fast solid worker this hospital is perfect for you . The pay is decent as well

Columbia- pros and cons

Pros: ambiance, union, pay, Cons:lack of support from management, short staffing, nasty pts, nasty workload. A typical day at work will go by fast because you wont get a break.

Needs work

Overworked and not paid enough. Not enough staff. Constantly floating to different units including the ED. Management hears us but doesn’t show much action.

Amazing job for new grad

Love my job and team as a new grad. Incredibly steep learning curve but I had a great training process and have a lot of support from coworkers for which I am grateful. I am constantly learning and couldn’t imagine myself elsewhere

It was a great place to work

It was a great place to work. Team dynamic was strong and we worked as a team on a daily basis.The doctors are skilled and were very team orientated as well.

Learned a lot

I really learned a lot and had a very good experience working there. Working there made me to aspire to become better and further myself in my education goals.

Good job with a diverse community

Worked @nyp for 32 years was good job many opportunity for advancement and supportive staff and positive work environment all jobs have some negative things with good communication we work things can be resolved

Pros

Good education

Cons

Staffing issues

NYP was a good place to work at. The pay is great. They are generous. However there is no opportunity to grow. They paid for my masters degree through Ed assist but I was never given a chance to move to another department. I was there for 6 years. It’s unfortunate, because it’s a great company. Nurses are super sweet and Managment is great.

Pros

Pay, help pay for education, great insurance and benefit

Cons

No opportunities to grow . Stuck in the same low level position

New York Presbyterian Hospital

I was born in the hospital and I worked 19 years for the hospital. Not only did I love working there many of my coworkers became friends and family. I was a full time caregiver for my family and New York Presbyterian helped me through it !

An excellent place to work

Good work environment, and work flexibility is good. Staff receive good benefits and management consider your personal life when necessary. Staff culture is good.

a place for growth

I really appreciated the opportunity given to me, made me feel like I was working in an organized company for the first time since I had gotten job at 15.

Great Place to Start

I was nervous at first when I first walked into those doors as a transporter in training. However, being trained by senior staff, learning the layout, and being walked through the process really put me at ease. I recieved hands on training experience which was necessary since shortly after training ended we entered the days of COVID-19 being rampant in the hospital. The hospital ensured we were as safe as physically possible before handling any job we were tasked with. N95 masks were on short supply, but we were always equipped with them before handling jobs that required them.This hospital has opportunities in its union's programs, including educational programs that cover tuition so you can advance not just in your own department, but within the hospital. Its physically demanding work made easier by the high quality equipment, expectations that are reasonable, and a polite range of co-workers that care about your well being.Nobody is perfect, but I feel confident I gave a strong performance during each shift due to the enviroment bringing out the best in me. It was truly rewarding to help as many patients as possible even if it was in the simple matter as taking them from A to B.My reason for leaving was unrelated to the job, which makes me sad. I did not want to leave, and both my co-workers and even management did not want to see me leave either.

Pros

Friendly work enviroment, clean and plentiful equipment, reasonably paced work enviroment, high priority towards health and safety, great opportunity for advancement or education within union programs.

Cons

Frequent short staff, high workflow via short staff, competition for PTO usage, constant changes to department rules, lack of reliable break room (sometimes used for events/meetings or storage).

Productive work

Great benefits with a good work life balance. Welfare of staff is taken care of in providing food products (especially during pandemic).Definitely among the best pay rates.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Short breaks

Can be stressful

A lot of people, including management don’t stay for a long time. Management include new tasks at least once a week. Lady workers suffer no punishment.

respect and engagement

I enjoyed working at NYP, great pay and reasonable break time and reward points and staff appreciations. Nice Manager and supervisor who care for you and your concerns

Pros

reasonable pay, job security

Productive environment

Great environment to work and grow in.Great benefits. Multimodality offered. Opportunity is enormous within the organization. Prestigious hospital to be associated with.

Productive and fun environment.

I was a great summer internship with lots of fun and a very supportive team. It was only for a couple of weeks but being there was great and I couldn’t ask for a better team. It was a great learning experience as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Powered byComparably

Compare NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital with

• NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?