NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,167 reviews matching the search See all 1,171 reviews
love this place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
It was really nice volunteering at the hospital, its a place i see myself working as a nurse, hopefully soon. Nice staff and interesting patients. Learned a lot
Positive Work Environment
Discharge Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 15, 2018
My position is very rewarding in New York Presbyterian Hospital. It is pleasurable to work closely with administration and also rewarding to be able to help patients and family by providing a positive outlook during their difficult times.
great place to work
Logistics Associate/Medical Courier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
great place to work but underpaid for your position or should I say the title you carry is what you get paid for. not the quality or what you give to the company
Pros
staff, benefits
Cons
pay
patient care volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 11, 2018
i cannot provide a fair review as i held a volunteer position. All of the staff appeared to be well rounded professionals. They work hard to make their patients happy.
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
I started here as an intern so it will always remain to be a great place for learning curves in the pharmacy environment. Its a huge facility advance medication delivery systems. I would recommend.
Productive work place
Senior Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work is very busy and stress free. Excellent management and coworkers are team players. The most enjoyable part working at NYP is helping the patients.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No cons
Productive work place
Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work at with great benefits, my typical day at work is busy but stress free. Great management, coworkers and everyone is a team player.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
Challenging and fun
Sterile Processing Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
My day at work is pretty busy, but I have a good staff that is willing to help and a great management team. The hardest part of my job is coverage. I still feel like we need more people to put into place where I could utilize their skills to help better the department
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Pay could be better.
Productive work enviorment
Dietician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 7, 2018
The job is rewarding depending on the department you are hired in. The hardest part is probably understanding the various personalities you will encounter on the job
okay place to review
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2018
the place does not value it's employees. not the best place to work. the nurses are constantly bustling you for the medications although it has been worked on. some of the department heads are not very nice individuals.
Run away
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2018
I was repetitively told when I came in to interview and thereafter that it was temp to perm. Well after eight months of constant lies that was told to me, I will be leaving soon. I have heard horrible stories of how NYP came in and fired/forced many old timers who dedicated their whole careers to this hospital (40 years) only to be put in uncomfortable situations to force them to leave. They are heartless and don't look to hire quality people, they look to hire inexpensive employees. They go on about taking care of people but here I have been for 8 months without medical benefits, having visited the ER once with extreme pain and still not knowing what the cause was as I didn't want additional medical bills for tests (I should have had then anyway) and pain meds did the trick. I also have the symptoms of diabetes and I don't have medical to go and get myself checked out. There are other things this hospital has done but I am moving on as they are not worth it (as much as they think they are. Btw the attitude of the hospital is " Well we are NYP and you can't do any better then us. So the world will wait for us!")
Pros
Cons
See above
New management
Clinical Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2018
In my area management has changed, Culture has changed . Its more corporate than it was before. Not feeling supported. Please change policies and make changes
Excellent
Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
Great work environment wish I could work there again one day. Good bosses good supervisors good veterans. Had a lot goin on so couldn’t stay had to leave hopefully I can get a second shot one day.
Working
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
Job security but horribly pay and culture. Zero work life balance. Expect way more out of employees then they pay (pay is horrible for NYC). The finance department recently relocated to a new corporate workspace that is top of the line with great technological features, yet upper management will not let go of the past. More flexible schedules and work from home should be a part of the culture. They will never retain top talent and aging Senior management should really evaluate they way they look towards handing over the financial wellbeing to the next generation (most of which probably will be around less then 10 years).
Pros
Zero
fast pased work enviornment. stressful, busy phones, active tasks everyday
MEDICAL SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
answering phones, receiving lab results distributing them to NP's. scanning documents. scheduling appointments for various patients. calling other medical facilities to obtain medical records on new patients, keeping calendar of testing on patients, maintaining doctor clinic schedule.
Pros
i made a routine for myself, i get the work done
Cons
no room for growth
Never a dull moment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
Like the slogans says”amazing things are happening !” I work in the security department and working there it’s really not just one department to make amazing things happen; it’s takes the doctors, nurses, transport and environmental services to make it happen. It’s a teamwork.
Pros
Very good health insurance
Cons
No advancement or job security
Productive, Supportive with advancement opportunities
Patient Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
I enjoyed my working for this company. I have learned so much and have advanced within the company in such a short time. The pay was excellent and opportunities were endless.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2018
I would not have left had I not relocated. It really was an honor to be part of an interdisciplinary healthcare team that provided high quality patient care regardless of race, social status or sexual orientation.
Pros
Very supportive staff.
Cons
staffing needs to revised
its good
tech (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
good place to work, depending on your department you can advance quickly in your career. be ready for workplace politics. also many unqualified people get position's they don't deserve.
my reviews of this company was great
IV Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company although management was not not nice to the staff at times.Staff are always friendly makes you feel at home. Staff is usually very friendly to patients and family members. Doctors are very careful when treating patients. Its just a very pleasant place to work.
Pros
bias
Cons
room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight