NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and supportive Company that promotes personal growth
Technical Analyst III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2018
A great place to work for. They are committed to their patients but also very good to their employees. They typically promote personal development. They have a very supportive and informative teamwork driven culture.
Pros
Develop their employees
Cons
Politics play a big role in everything
Nyp
Overnight Hall Aide (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 14, 2018
NYP offers great benefits for it's employees but the management NYP has isn't always the fairest. Typical day at work consisted of going from unit to unit to make sure that everything was in place. Making sure the units were kept cleaned enough for the patients.
My position at NYPH is very intresting
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2018
Since I've being working at NYPH, I have been encouraged to go back to school , to continue my education. I love working with people helping them with some difficult times. Just listing can be a big help.
Pros
training
Cons
be able to use what you were trained
Productive work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Coming to my work place is fun and enjoyable;
People are polite and knows how to appreciate each other.
I have lot of things that I learned, from patients to management and different kinds of cultures;
Working in a prestigious hospital, the Management still have time to acknowledge their employees;
Workplace culture, is equal;
Hardest part of my job is when I see patients in pain and I tend to be emotional;
The most enjoyable part of the job is I always looked forward to see my patients smile and talked to them and also my workmates
Pros
Employees Appreciation every year, Benefits are good
Cons
Subway travels
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2018
New York Presbyterian was a great place to work. I enjoyed going to work, I enjoyed the team i world with and my director was awesome. They have allot of incentives for their employees.
Cons
No respect from management, low salaries
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Midtown New York, NYMay 4, 2018
Management needs to learn how to respect employees and stop mistreating and speaking condescendingly to their staff.
People come and go on a constant basis- Management doesn't support you using "everyone is replicable" credo.
Awesome environment
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYMay 2, 2018
My experience at NYP has been a wonderful experience. The staff is very warm and helpful. A typical day at NYP is at times busy, but my team members are always close by to help out if I need it.
Cons
not enough pay
RNC (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
Amazing things are always happening here. Everyone is so friendly and your opinion really does count. Patient and family centered care. Diverse and eclectic employees.
Pros
free health insurance great pay
Cons
parking
Productive and quiet work environment
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Work culture was very adaptable, co-workers were courteous. Department wasn't much for promotion but was very comfortable long term. Management showed concern for employees and assisted when possible.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
New York Presbyterian
Senior Performance Improvement Analyst-System-wide (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 27, 2018
NYP is great launching point for one's career. It is important to keep in mind that advancement of carerr will happen outside of NYP. Very rare do they promote from within their own. Consistent change in leadership was an issue during my time spent at NYP.
Pros
very strong financial company
Cons
leadership consistent change
Poor management
Fire Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
The management is poor. There are social norms that leave management afraid to make changes. It made things 10 times harder than they needed to be. There is a lot of cutting corners and buck passing going on there. The no security during your probation policy sucks also.
Competitive Work Environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYApril 24, 2018
copied important medical documents,
assisted faculty and patients with issues or concerns,
answered incoming calls. Overall I believed the Environment at NYP/Medical Group Hudson Valley to be very challenging. However, it was a wonderful learning experience and the opportunity to work there is greatly appreciated.
Pros
Wonderful benefits, Pto, Clean work environment
Amazing things are happening here
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Great place to grow and develop career success. Huge opportunities to achieve goals in the healthcare field. Work with multi-disciplinary care team and learn about providing the best care to your patients while enhancing your knowledge about health and well-being.
n/a
Environmental Services - Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2018
It a great please to work. It is all one big family . Great things are happen at NYP!.Please check them out . you will be amaze by what they have to offer .
Productive place to work
Clinical Application Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
Productive place to work. During my time at NYP, there were a lot of work-related and fun activities.
it is a really good place to work at. I would suggested that for future employers
Preceptorship
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
I am working as an operating room nurse and it was a great learning experience. Pay and benefits are very good. I recommend anyone who want to have a long term job.
Stuck
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
My experience may be different because I'm just a temp hire, but my experience here has been the complete opposite of what I expected. I'm interested in pursuing a career in HR, and my job consists mostly of data entry, hardly any contact with the HR department, although my role supports HR operations. It is very slow-paced, which is tough for me because I enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to be more hands-on with my work.

Like I said, it may be different because I'm temp, but I have no benefits - and my manager here is very nitpicky about my hours (i.e I I came 15 minutes early to work and she didn't want me to put that on timecard and get paid for it. I left at 4:53pm like everyone else in my office instead of 5:00pm and I get scolded via email for it).

It's a weird environment of slow-paced and relaxed yet very restrictive and boring.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
No benefits, no additional paid time, lack of transparency about the job when offered
Free lunch sometims
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
New York Presbyterian is a very productive place to work and at the same time fun as well including workers and managers and i really learned a lot of
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
free gift items
Typical Work Day
Clinical Psychologist, SBHC (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
I see approximately 8 students per day, some days I see more other less. I engage students in group therapy. At times, I consult with school personnel in order to provide best treatment.
You work hard; pay and benefits are good
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
It's a great place to work for salary and benefits. Depending on your role, opportunities for advancement may be limited. Inpatient work can be stressful. The emphasis on quality care by dedicated professionals is the best part.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Top down management, stressful atmosphere in my division

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.