NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

Found 1,441 reviews matching the search See all 1,446 reviews
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2018
New York Presbyterian Hospital was a volunteer opportunity in Physical and Occupation therapy. Attended program twice a week within a summer month while working full-time.
Working environment
REGISTERED NURSE, Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2018
NYP is and will always be the best place i have worked, in my nursing career, I was well trained and welcomed by staff and physicians that I am still friends to this day. I wish that most places I have work can take a page out of there book. They do innovation and autonomy well.
Pros
Work life balance and an overall sense of fairness
Cons
can't think of any
It was great experience
Dental Resident (PGY 1) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 1, 2018
It was great experience. The oncall can be very stressful, but after the completion of the program, I have definitely learned a lot and become more confident
nyph
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
nyph is a solid place to work. since i was young when i worked there i did find the culture a bit boring. but at the same time boring means stability
Love IT
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
I loved working at the hospital. Sucks that the position was temporary and that the manager at the time didn't care for me. Outside of that great place to work stress free environment.
great team work, safe enviorment also advancement opportunities.The company always made sure we had update safety training
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
Very fast pace, , quick turn around,multi task
I learn safety precautions. Not limited bodily fluids blood Bourne pathogens. We put patients first. It was a fantastic place to be employed. I would recommend some to work there.
Very stressful and no support.
Manager, Medical Staff Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2018
Senior leadership never backed up the medical staff office and made us cut corners in order to get practitioners on the board report. They would also grant privileges to practitioners that the MSO did not recommend.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No support from leadership.
Internal movement
Supervisor of Food & Nutrition (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2018
Need more career advancement for those who pursue furthering their education and title. Not enough support for internal candidates. Promotion pay is below newly hired employees.
Pros
Benefits health
Cons
Pay
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
No two days were ever the same. There was always something new or different to be address. The management was great. Very supportive of the staff. Working as a team is always the best to accomplish the goals.
Good place to get experience
Full Time Float Pool RN/Critical Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2018
Self-rated as #1 hospital in NYC. Has opportunities for development in many different areas. Strong culture of patient safety. Advancement opportunities are also available especially for current employees.
Pros
Comprehensive Benefits
Cons
Very Large
Newyork Presbyterian hospital
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
A typical day at work was very motivative, caring for patients and there family members. All staff members participating in patients care with great out come.
Great learning environment with challenging and exciting patient cases.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
Great experience. Would highly recommend. Challenging patient cases, impressive medical teams, great interdisciplinary communication and team work. Great place to learn.
Very Productive staff
Patient Facilitator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2018
It was a pleasure working there. The staff were very professional and supportive. It was just as a learning environment as it was a working one. I was able to promote change in my role.
Can be better
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2018
There alot of changes being made due to a merge. However, I feel that there is no room for growth nor do I have the proper support to do my job efficiently.
Great organization
Nurse Manager - Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
hospital with the most specialists. Nurses obtain training from the best nursing staff. High standards both from management and staff.
Orientation for nursing staff can be challenging, but you end up learning a lot.
Wonderful place to work.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
A gratifying workplace headed by directors, managers, and supervisors who care about their staff's overall job satisfaction. Employees are encouraged to foster a culture of respect. There is no greater joy than to see a patient's progression towards better health.
Good Work environment
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
Great Place to work! ER staff works as a team I would diffinitely reccommed to place for employment. Adimmitting Dept is especially great to work for. Just great staff .
Pros
great salary
Cons
A workplace where employees are proud to be part of.
Security Supervisor/Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 31, 2018
New York Presbyterian is an employees dream work place. Salaries and benefits are great. The atmosphere of the workplace is friendly. Supervisors and Management are always willing to help employees in anyway. If an employee observes a coworker acting out of character, they inquire if the person has a problem.If there is a problem,assistance is granted to resolve the issue.They is great comradery and room to to advance in this company.
Pros
Great pay and job advancement
Cons
Hectic pace can create friction and stress.
Put patients first
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
I come in at 7pm wait for my task from a lead and complete the task. Clean bathrooms, hallways, patient rooms, OR rooms, MRI rooms. Change linen and help me peers.
Inpatient Hemodialysis
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 30, 2018
The most of the nurses in the inpatient hemodialysis unit in the former Flushing Hospital are at older age. They will expect from a newcomer nurse to pull their ends. Only in this case these nurses will leave you alone and wont play tattle tale games. The nurse manager has ridiculously long reports, which often leave you an hour after the work, without the pay for that hour. While working in the inpatient hemodialysis this nurse manager speak minimally to staff nurses, and with me, not at all. No feedback, or anything what would a normal nurse leader would do with a newcomer. Prepare yourself to wipe dirty patient, therefore there is no nurse aid in this unit. Moreover, working 5 days a week give you no private life, and on the end of the week felt mentally burnt out. This unit has only one preceptor, which has no teaching experience. And she is worst one of the all nurses in the unit.
Pros
no pros working in this unit
Cons
Prepare yourself for a torture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss