NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,220 reviews

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Very Educational and Professional Environment to Work

Excellent management and therapy for all to work and contribute to the patient therapy. Supportive help for everyone involved with the clients. Highly recommend NYP

Pros

Not enough hours

Cons

Excellent Team support

Great place

I worked at NY Presbyterian for over 2 years. My experience from that jobs my department was under new management. My supervisor was new to the facility and making new changes that was effected my department.

Pros

Paid vacation

Cons

Short Breaks

Nyp

NYP offers great benefits for it's employees but the management NYP has isn't always the fairest. Typical day at work consisted of going from unit to unit to make sure that everything was in place. Making sure the units were kept cleaned enough for the patients.

Highly scholastic, productive, challenging, educational, fast paced teaching clinical setting

NYP is a highly educationally driven hospital facility with leading scholastic teaching clinicians in an inpatient/outpatient/partial mental health care setting. This facility provides optimal quality care experience as a priority for all patients. Management is very supportive of career growth as evidenced by providing financial support and accommodation for flexible schedule for school for employees interested. Work place culture fosters growth, challenges, longevity of employment and amazing awards/incentives for employees who go extra mile.

Pros

Good salary, promote career growth, incentives for education and quality care experience at its best.

Cons

Fun place to work, opportunity to learn from others

A typical day at work may include patients' mental challenges outburst. We work as a team as co-workers, and management is informative to current events in the facility. Can be challenging to deescalate initial crisis during intervention. However, it can be rewarding when the individual or group behavior subsided to the norm of cognition and mental status.

Pros

Free Lunch and ample time for breaks and free health benefits

Cons

Their were much downsizing and no employment opportunity at the time.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great institution

Highly competitive work environment, very structured and thorough , incredible hands on learning experience. Staff and management are very helpful in training process.

Excellent Place to Work

By far one of the best places to work in NYC. They offer great benefits to their employees. Great upper management. They truly care for their employees.

Pros

All types of benefits and awards.

New York Presbyterian - Westchester Division

200+ bed, free standing Psychiatric hospital with many psychiatric specialties. Overall a wonderful place to work, compensation is excellent, although there aren't as many opportunities for growth in management areas.

Pros

Wonderful staff

Cons

Staffing can be better

Fast pasted, I think coming as temp a little more direction would have been nice.

I was there on a temporary assignment. It was just Ok. The co-workers are real team players. Communication skills from management was lacking.

Pros

Co-workers - very helpful

Cons

Management was not that great

New york presbyterian hospital

Perform management duties in relation to inventory , Buget transportation deparment control Schedule quarterly staff metting and anual safety evaluation Administration general manager.Maintain professional relationships with staff.

Pros

Exelente opportunity

Jobs at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

in White Plains, NY
See more jobs

A cordial place to work but at times the atmosphere can be intense.

A typical day at work can be intense, depending on the schedule worked and the condition of the clients mood. Management has taught us to always get a report from the previous shift to be able to better evaluate what may be happening as we go on. Some co-workers can be fun to be around but when its work time, there is a seriousness that invades us all. I believe that the hardest part of the job is in the area of restraining a client that has lost control and become physical. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is the positive feedback we receive from clients family and friends after clients have gone for a visit or has been discharged to return home.

A Great Place to Learn and Grow

A typical day at work requires expert knowledge when working with patients, colleagues and visitors. I learned a lot about behavioral and physiological health management, medications, assisting patients with their activities of daily living and reassuring patients when a conflicting situation in their care plan arises.

Teaching hospital that provides many opportunities for growth and learning.

This hospital provides many opportunities for its employees to learn and advance. The Westchester Division has a lovely campus.

My job at NYPH

I receive report from the charge nurse on previous shift. If I am in charge that day, I complete assignment of various members of the team , then give report to the multidisciplinary team (MD's, MSW's, Care manager) If not in charge, begin and complete medication administration process. After report or medication administration, attend daily (multidisciplinary) rounds with the patients. Write nursing notes. Complete admission and discharge process as needed. Assist in groups with patients. Support patients and families as needed. Every day is a learning process, especially when working in a teaching hospital with medical students and residents on duty daily. Grand rounds and seminars are frequently offered. Management is very supportive and frequently available for supervision and assistance when needed. My co- workers are professional yet very enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is prioritizing and trouble shooting with a minimal amount of staff. The best part of the job is seeing the patients improve!

Pros

Professional environment

Cons

State of healthcare in general.

Great staff and benefits

NYPH was one of the best employers I had. Management are always providing learning opportunities and advancement. There is a culture of professionalism that I have not seen anywhere else. Its truly where I believe I learned customer service. They expect nothing less than the best from the staff.

Pros

Benefits and career advancement

Cons

Not family friendly and few sick days and frowned upon for taking them.

Great work environment and very fulfilling

A typical day at work includes morning nursing report and treatment team meetings. Scheduling has to be inputted into kronos depending on the day, clerical and management assistance depending on the needs of the units patient care director. This may include filing, sending emails and attending meetings. I lead at least three patient centered treatment groups every day and input psychiatric notes for each patient involved in one of my groups. I have learned a lot in this position about office routines and management needs. Management is extremely demanding but they do a great job delegating duties and creating a team environment. I work with a great team and enjoy the skill sets and personalities they bring to the work environment. The hardest part of the job for me is the downtime. I am motivated and need to be busy and useful. This job is very demanding at times but also has stents of downtime that I do not enjoy. The part of my job I enjoy the most would have to be serving on committees the hospital put together to improve patient satisfaction and work place environment for the staff. The idea of helping and doing my best to help improve my place of employment and learn from others is why I am perusing a PhD in I/O psychology.

Pros

Good benefits, good retirement and ample parking

Cons

Not much room for advancement outside of becoming a RN or MD of psych