NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Easy work load and fun environment
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYApril 3, 2018
Good staff although upper management communication was difficult due to turnover. The equipment was dated but was upgraded and this helped with workflow.

Immediate supervisor was great to work for and did not really want to leave but career advancement was not an option
Great place for new graduates
Physician Assistant - Orthopedic Surgery (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYMarch 19, 2018
Collaborative supportive environment of learning and improving their professionals.

You are responsible for first assist on most orthopedic surguries, consults in the emergency room, and floor coverage for the inpatients orthopedic cases.
great place
HVAC/Steamfitter Mechanic/local 30 Operating (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYMarch 1, 2018
got a lot of hands work everyday very old building all good guys to work with great vacation time great boss management was good pay was really good hated leaving
Review
ADMITTING REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJanuary 12, 2018
You will be trained in the admitting office as well as the ER. It can be extremely stressful and fast paced during the day and in the ER, but the day goes by really fast.
A Staple in The Community
ADMITTING REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYDecember 29, 2017
NYP/Lawence Hospital is a staple to community of Bronxville. From the clinical to the adminstrative to the maintenance staff Lawrence staff are a team of excellence.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Junior year (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed being at this clinical rotation. I was able to learn so much from the nurses on the unit. They were patient with us and took the time to show things step by step.
productive environment to learn and grow
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYSeptember 8, 2017
helping patients understanding the clinical symptoms and making the best diagnosis based on the findings.Cultural diversity in work place
the hardest part of the job is understanding the different doctors and there preferences
most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Pros
anniversary lunches, job appreciation parties and free gifts, great pay
Cons
short staff / no breaks
Payroll
Sr. Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYAugust 22, 2017
I updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers. Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts. I'm also responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing workers. I also handle employee relations, payroll and benefits and training's.
Nice place to work
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYAugust 3, 2017
This was a great place to intern/volunteer. However, Human Resources was not offering Union Benefits at the time. To be honest, this may have changed since 2014.
Pros
Nice place to intern/volunteer. Good People
Cons
No union benefits in 2014
Staff RN in the critical care unit (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJuly 17, 2017
Like every place there are always pluses and minuses. I like working where I am at. I am given the opportunity to change things around and help my team. Change happens slowly. Some people have the attitude "somebody else will take care of it". Compensation is good and the best is our benefits. Upper management does whatever is better for the finances of the hospital when it comes to staffing. When census is down we tend to float a lot. They are currently working on a floating pool but only 2 candidates have applied. If you want to go back to school they don't pay 100%. It's $6,000 a year.
Overall, I am happy with the hospital.
Benefits
Cons
Slow to change, Upper management toys with staffing.

Want to know more about NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital?

Ask a question
Lawrence Hospital Is a great community hospital
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJuly 12, 2017
Lawrence Hospital needs to strive to be the best community hosptal that it can be and the new environment under NYP should allow Lawrence to achieve new goals
Great place
Clinical Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYJuly 6, 2017
we have a very friendly working atmosphere. Staff there are very supportive, and the management is very efficient. Busy but Smooth working pace. Nice place to work.
Poor Management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYJuly 4, 2017
Good place to work flexible hour 1199 union.
I learn a lot in this place the way how a hospital runs being in hospital environment it is very interesting the policy and the patine rights infection control.
Poor management.
The culture of the place is very nice just some improvement how they treat employee.
The hardest part of the job is everyone is Manger and no communication whatsoever.
The most value and enjoyable part of this job is when I start working there I didn't have a degree now I do and I am ready to move on in my new Career.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYMay 7, 2017
you walk into smiling faces everyday. the wok environment is stress free. managers are easy to get along with also coworkers. I get to meet a lot of people and care for them as well.
Productive and ourstanding workplace
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2017
Amazing things happen there! Working for columbia has made me grow into a professional administrative assistant. I thank the departmentofsurgryfor giving me the opportunity to be one of them.
Nice Community Hospital
Per Diem Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Employees given good benefits and generous time off. Workplace culture is good. Programs in place that give workers opportunity for feedback. periodically good gifts given to workers
Great place with great people
Pharmacy messenger (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NYDecember 2, 2016
I recently began working here perdiem but everyone is nice and the hr team really seem to care about their employees. There is room to move and grow with in the hospital.
Pros
Great
excellent patient care
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
Staff is very helpful and friendly. As a nursing student, they were willing to assist in me in following through patient care plans and coordination with the interdisciplinary teams. This hospital demonstrates excellent patient centered care.
good hospital for patients. Good environment for employees.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronxville, NY 10708March 22, 2016
Nyp lawrence hospital is a great hospital and I have been there for quite a few years. I work in the er and I scan, admit patients, depart patients, order entry and admissions.
Pros
good salary, Good learning experience
Cons
More staff
The Lawrence Family
HUMAN RESOURCES PARTNER (Former Employee) –  Bronxville, NYNovember 30, 2015
Overall I really enjoyed working at Lawrence. I was there for 10 years and saw many changes. My co-workers for the most part were supportive and positive. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the amazing staff. Full of life and hearts as big as the Big Apple.
Pros
Location, Culture, Amazing employees.
Cons
Rushed deadlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital Reviews by Location