Nexans Employee Reviews

Buen compañerismo
Aistente logistico (Former Employee) –  Bodega productos termiandosApril 5, 2018
Buenos compañeros y buen compartamientp labural agrdable y bondadoso
Struggling company
Operator (Current Employee) –  New Holland, PAMarch 14, 2018
This place once was a great place to work, it is no longer. Management on all levels has no clue how to appropriately do their jobs, and there is constant indecision. They hound the employees that actually work and leave the slackers alone, just so they don't have to deal with issues. They bully and intimidate and human resources will do nothing about it, going so far to tell you that they don't know what they can do to help you and not documenting any complaints.
Good work Environment
Electrical engineer (Former Employee) –  Préfecture de CasablancaJanuary 14, 2018
Excellent team and good management. There is definitely possibilities and options for career growth. Excellent communication between workers and management.
Pros
workplace culture
Challenging and Rewarding
Operator (Current Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJanuary 12, 2018
The work here at Nexans is competitive and rewarding. The operational side of Nexans gives the operator the ability to work with little supervision monitoring. Nexans manufacture power cable for off shore oil rigs and mining. We also supply products in the automotive and clean energy markets.
Pros
Good job and pay
Cons
Long Hours and weekends
long hours. environmental discomfort.
production supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARDecember 18, 2017
good paying job for the area. good people to work with. good business model. environmental challenges hot in summer and cold in winter. long hours for the employees. plenty of overtime .
Productive fast paste job.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2017
Good nenefits, good people to work with . Bad You can't grow in the company, you do have 15 minutes breaks. 30 minute lunches.work 8 hrs four days. When hire you get two week vacations.
Nexans was a great place to work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SC 29445October 31, 2017
Nexans Taught me a lot of skills to better my career. They were a great company to work for couldn’t imagine working for anyone else but my position was no longer needed. But they taught me new skills and hopefully I can use them in the future to a new career
Pros
Lots of work in the beginning
Cons
Work get slow at the end of the year
work,work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chester, NYOctober 22, 2017
Nexans is an OK place to work as an operator as a supervisor they tend to let you work alone to take care of a huge plant too stressful for one man you are being threated of being fired almost every day during meeting some of the manager do not give a damned about your ideas or what you bring to the table it's their way or nothing.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
no appreciation
Power cable manufacturer remote sales and customer service location
KEY ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 22, 2017
Family atmosphere located remotely from the manufacturing facilities located in Canada.Sales support for management and sales personnel in the field. Little training. You need to be curious and ask questions regarding product line and manufacturing processes.
Pros
Small office - good people
Cons
Remote from manufacturing facilities. Not easy to get order information.
relaxing environment to work and good pay
Extrusion Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Chester, NYAugust 2, 2017
i feel like the work environment very relaxing allowing you to be productive and make wire at your own pace and but able to complete orders by the week end.i could make up to 1 million feet in wire.
Pros
good pay, good work environment, great benefits
Stable work environment
Machine Operator/planner/scheduler (Former Employee) –  Elm City, NCJuly 24, 2017
Job environment was comfortable and family like. When entering facility the job required was already set in place. Rarely was there any surprises thus making life much easier.
Easy Job just do your part and everything goes smoothly
Securitas (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 8, 2017
I loved working there. I only left to make more money at another job. I had a new born baby girl and just need the extra money. Other than that i would have never left.
Pros
A lot of down time
Cons
It was really no cons....
Family oriented company
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
I learn more of the industry side of Oil an Gas and Service loops. Team work and safe is very important. The company stress you leave the way you came
Pros
provide me with great pay and work with some good people
Cons
hours are up an down never
Great co-workers, decent pay and benefits. Stunted career growth
An Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Holland, PAMay 23, 2017
Great people to work with - smart and hard working. Engineering is very solid. Organization is fairly flat - good and bad. Good because minimal overhead and cluelessness. Bad because there isnt much positions available to grow.

Pay is very good. So are the benefits. Company would match upto 6% for 401K. And an additional 6% by the company regardless of your contribution.
great environment
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Elm City, NCJanuary 12, 2017
Great work environment at Nexans...loved the management teams and opportunities to advance and cross train in other departments. I was very happy the sixteen years i was employed there,,,i operated three different machines in the respool department
Pros
cross training
Cons
limited breaks
nice coworkers
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCNovember 16, 2016
I like Nexans VERY safe and clean. the guy took safety as top #1. always had the right tools to work with. lead guy work side by side with you. New plant manager to me wasn't a very people person. but over all nice work place.
great opportunity
Aerospace Tape Wrap Operator (Former Employee) –  Elm City, NCNovember 1, 2016
great opportunities for employment. also decent pay scale. Friendly staff that will answer any concerns that you may have about any job that you could be contracted for.
good workplace
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 16, 2016
This is a good company with good benefits. I would have loved to stay here but the company is relocating and closing our facility. I have been able to further my career here though.
Nice place to work
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  New Holland, PAAugust 6, 2016
I worked temporarily in Communications Cable manufacturing in PA. The pay and benefits to start were amazing. People were friendly, training was thorough and not rushed and work was steady. Only downside was the 12 hr days, all third shift, only 3-4 days a week however. If you like those hours then it could be your dream job, but the night shift coupled with the 12 hours on your feet with few breaks were too much more me and a health issue I have. Too bad for me.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, People
Cons
12 hr night shift to start with few breaks.
It has been a very good place to work
Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elm City, NCJune 10, 2016
The working atmosphere here has been great. A typical day may be answering questions from manufacturing, customer service, quality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexans. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight