Nexant Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Business Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 10, 2019
Typical day of work is do 14 hours of work in 8 hours. If you can't do that then you're fired, but an exception is made for another and they are paid more than you. Hard to advance when others are buddy buddy with the person who's in charge of making that decision. They will throw gift cards at everyone to make it seem like they care, but refuse to listen to someone who wants to grow into another position/department.
Constant Changes to Processes
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 22, 2019
Nexant is a growing company and has a lot to offer. Benefits are competitive but could be better. The Business Process Department goes through a ton of changes and does experience a high attrition rate due to the constant changes in processes and lack of training and communication from leadership. You need to have a self-starter attitude and be able to contribute positive changes that impact the department. If you don't feel comfortable with your manager, reach out to the CEO, he is awesome!
Pros
Company Christmas Party, Engineering Team, Outreach Team, The CEO is great
Cons
Managements communication could use a huge revamp, Leadership is like a pyramid in Business Process Department, The hire up you go the more power trip you become
Better than startup or many Hi-Tech
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2019
In the SF Bay Area there are multitudes of high-tech companies. Although this is a software consultancy, its focus is on energy efficiency and smart grids, helping society to have better use of electricity and energy. That's a mission I can support. There is an approach here that views people as humans and part of a team. In hi-tech, there's a crazy non-sustainable attitude to try till you die, the dark side of the hustle culture. No thanks to that. Nexant recognizes that employees have families and responsibilities and for the most part people really get to enjoy their vacation without having to work and you have time to do things that matter - outside of work. The CEO supports the friendly side of HR initiatives - like staffing up before a project starts - instead of burning out your star performers. There's a very nice suite of benefits, bonuses, and an open culture. Why do you suppose the tech giants have an average tenure of 1 or 2 years? Nexant has 5+ years. That speaks volumes. Nexant truly is divers; in a lot of hi-tech, there's a lack of diversity and agism is rampant. Just a personal observation. Not here. They walk what they preach.
Pros
trying for the best always for the company AND for the employees
Cons
can't think of any - still growing and there are inherent growing pains with any company
Great first step out of college
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2018
Nexant provides an excellent work culture catering to millennials with flexible schedules, ability to work remotely and fun/exciting activities.

Nexant will pay for professional certification but not continued education, so make sure you get your money's worth in certs. Management works hard to keep everyone happy and create personal relationships. The managers at Nexant are pretty darn good at what they do except for the hiring process of endless engineers. Mangement will only motivate or demotivate by financial decisions, while keeping everything on the surface bright and cheery. Basically they like everyone as a person, but will only give decent raises to those they feel perform well, and hope that after several years of pitiful pay, those they don't like as much will naturally move on.

The hardest part of the job is playing metal games with the smart people they hire. It's a war zone.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture of flexibility which everyone respects and even encourages.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Nexant and was there for many years. I wish Corporate took better care of good employees so they could stay longer. Overall it was a great place to work and had smart, good people employed.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
They don't pay well
Nexant is a good place to work.
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2018
Nexant is a good place to work with good benefits. The management could be better as they seemed to consistently provide contradicting messages about how to do the job correctly.
Excellent Place to Work
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2018
Nexant is a global company making a difference in the Utilities sector by providing energy efficiency programs to utility companies. The people who work at Nexant care about the environment and are making the world a better place. Everyone is friendly. Nexant believes in a work life balance. The culture is innovative, Nexant allows it's employees to make suggestions and run with new ideas.
Pros
The team
Good work life balance but little room for growth
Administrative / Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 1, 2018
Flexible but very little room for growth.
Great work colleagues.

I enjoy my colleagues and the flexible work environment but I have been here for 4 years and still stuck in the same position. Not so much room to move up.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Little room for growth
Easy place to work
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 2, 2018
Easy place to work, contract work, steady work while under contract,
The workplace culture is conducive to work/life balance. People work hard and are dedicated.
Best coworkers and working environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoApril 25, 2018
There's no perfect company and Nexant definitely has its ups and downs. Our former CFO literally ripped the company apart in every way imaginable. He's gone now so we're licking our wounds and slowly rebuilding.

The direction of the company has always been convoluted but its the people we work with, healthcare benefits, paid time off and the interesting work we get to do that makes it fun to go to work everyday - at least in San Francisco..
Pros
Coworkers and benefits
Cons
Lack of transparency from upper management
Not Bad
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoy my co-workers and I like what I do however it can get stressful and favorites do happen. I would NOT recomend the callcenter portion, but data enrty is laid back and fun as long as you get work done. Comparied to my other jobs it's not bad at all.
Pros
great benifits liadback-ish 13+ an bour
Cons
normal cult like work envoirment can be stressful at times
Great enviroment to be a part of!
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 26, 2017
Great enviroment to be a part of, I would love to be a part of any future projects. I would also like to point out the additional training that was offered it was awesome!
Pros
Very supportive staff
Cons
does not apply
Management sucks
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2017
no structure, everyone left the company because of the new management, no advancement, no training, politics, no recognition of good performance, not a friendly environment to work for
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Used to be a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 19, 2017
All good staff have left from the upper management. Current company is being run by folks that have no experience in energy or consulting. Even with a lack of vision, it's a great company to work for just because of the mostly collusive team environment.
Pros
Zero stress, absolutely flexible work environment. Great Teams
Cons
No vision whatsoever. The talent erosion has started
Stressfiul, time consuming, and cutthroat
Chemical and Energy Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 28, 2017
This review may be outdated, but at the time I worked there, everyone at the company in my position, including myself, was miserable. Management was strict with projects and often had us stay late to get things rushed with pressure not to charge extra time on our timesheets. Most employees are fresh out of university and don't know any better. Would not recommend seeking employment here.
Pros
Peers to commiserate with
Cons
long hours, low pay, unhappy employees
Very bad management
SVP of Engineering (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
Not a good company if you're in management rank. No career advancement. Not job security and very bad investors. Company pay is very low and there are a lot of turn over in management.
Enjoyable work place.
QA Automation Lead (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 15, 2017
I had learned a lot about new tools and technology, Moreover, the workplace culture is professional and on to date. Teammates are so good and helpful.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
A Company in flux
Vice President - IT, Hosting Ops, Governance (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2017
With the problems in the Energy Market, the company is adversely affected and now in flux. The company has a steady consulting income, but the ambitions are in the software where they are not competitive.
Pros
adaptive
Cons
run by an investor with little sector knowledge
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50322November 30, 2016
Good Job Work/Life Balance, flexible schedule, and job culture.
No advancement opportunities, poor management, non-existing HR department.
Benefits
Don't do it
Business Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
This place has the worst management I've ever ecoerienced. From lying to bullying to selfishly taking bonuses that should trickle down to team, it's a terrible place to work that will steal your soul.

Senior staff is allowed to bully, intimidate and manipulate newer staff with no consequences at all. Very catty women work here who find it amusing to lie to HR and get people fired that they don't like.

Just don't even go there.
Pros
Sometimes they brought bagels.
Cons
Expected to be glued to your chair all day long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexant. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight