Nexant Employee Review

Better than startup or many Hi-Tech
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2019
In the SF Bay Area there are multitudes of high-tech companies. Although this is a software consultancy, its focus is on energy efficiency and smart grids, helping society to have better use of electricity and energy. That's a mission I can support. There is an approach here that views people as humans and part of a team. In hi-tech, there's a crazy non-sustainable attitude to try till you die, the dark side of the hustle culture. No thanks to that. Nexant recognizes that employees have families and responsibilities and for the most part people really get to enjoy their vacation without having to work and you have time to do things that matter - outside of work. The CEO supports the friendly side of HR initiatives - like staffing up before a project starts - instead of burning out your star performers. There's a very nice suite of benefits, bonuses, and an open culture. Why do you suppose the tech giants have an average tenure of 1 or 2 years? Nexant has 5+ years. That speaks volumes. Nexant truly is divers; in a lot of hi-tech, there's a lack of diversity and agism is rampant. Just a personal observation. Not here. They walk what they preach.
Pros
trying for the best always for the company AND for the employees
Cons
can't think of any - still growing and there are inherent growing pains with any company

Other Nexant Employee Reviews

Excellent people and great company.
Energy Efficiency Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COOctober 7, 2019
I worked under two different contracts while employed at Nexant. The staff is great and I had a very supportive and encouraging supervisor.
My only complaint is that I worked remotely and did not get a lot of opportunity to be part of the fun office culture. It was simply the nature of my contracts.
If given the opportunity, I would work for Nexant again. Highly recommend this company.
Processing environment, on the job training
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2019
Company tries to engage employees but production oriented environment. Many simultaneous projects and very little training or support. High turnover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexant. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight