Nexant

Nexant Employee Reviews

Processing environment, on the job training
Company tries to engage employees but production oriented environment. Many simultaneous projects and very little training or support. High turnover.
Don't do it
This place has the worst management I've ever ecoerienced. From lying to bullying to selfishly taking bonuses that should trickle down to team, it's a terrible place to work that will steal your soul.

Senior staff is allowed to bully, intimidate and manipulate newer staff with no consequences at all. Very catty women work here who find it amusing to lie to HR and get people fired that they don't like.

Just don't even go there.
Pros
Sometimes they brought bagels.
Cons
Expected to be glued to your chair all day long.
duplicate
(duplicate entry. please keep the pervious one I already typed up) I was disappointed by the lack of professionalism and giving false hope of quick advancement. I was looking for a career job not an entry level position that would be threatened for not preforming at 100% all the time.
Pros
great assignments
Cons
unprofessional managers
Great place to work.
Pioneer in energy products nice work culture nice to be part of this group team is innovative they work in cutting edge technologies.
Typical Office Environment
Check email first thing in the morning for work order, follow up the unfinished task, and other day to day task.

Learned the Delta billing system, high volume of consulting billing, produce billing and services.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Managers Actually Good at My Stops
I've had the great blessing of actually having really good managers at the positions I've held in Nexant, with both actively supporting me in my endeavors to further my career and determine what I'm best at.

The work itself has highs and lows, as any job does. For the most part, the team I've been working with has been good to work with, and effective at their jobs.
Fast Pace
Nexant is at its core an Engineering consulting company. I loved the challenge of working with technical and equipment sales professionals, to call center leaders, to program managers to help win the next job. It is a fast pace and never dull environment.
Pros
Great Employees, Constant Change
Cons
Company is still determining corporate direction
resources allocation
ii can learn how to allocate limited resources in timing management.
Offered fun and challenging opportunities
A very professional and "family" feeling environment. Worked with very experienced co-workers. The management team was open and supportive to new processes and procedures and/or improvements and gave me the ability to do what needed to be done to increase sales and revenue
Avoid being a data entry specialist
The company is good if you work in a specific department like engineering or sales.

If you work in the commercial rebate processing center, you'll like the company for about six months and then begin to loath it.

The operations manager has no idea what they are doing. They show obvious and blatant favoritism.

They care more about how much you can process than the quality. So quantity over quality.

Overall avoid this place. You'd get treated better working at Wal-Mart .
benefits
Cons
the pay, clueless or rude members of management, HR is in Cali, bullying from co-workers, lack of knowledgeable resources, no one cleans up after themselves, communication is really bad
Profession environment
Great team, amazing manager, fun work, get to own your own desk, flexible work schedule and telecommuting
Pros
Compensation, collaborative team, interesting projects, fun managers
Cons
Quiet office, no perks or fun events for employees, no mission statement
My Day
Daily responsibilities include managing implementation programs across the country in various utility programs, direct contact with national accounts. Utility client interface, pipeline reporting, marketing tactics.

The best part of my job is two fold, first being able to supply my team with the strategy and tools to generate business for our utility clients across the country, the second is being able to help end-use customers achieve the efficiencies they are looking for.
Dont work there
Very cold and callous management style. The company hides major changes from its employees. Creepy and uncomfortable work environment.
Great company with very intelligent people
Very knowledgeable people, with an ability to bring out the best in their engineers. Hard work is rewarded.
Pros
Top people in their respective fields
Great Company
Nexant, Inc. offers a great opportunity to learn different technology.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation
Great place to work!
Professional environment with great benefits. Employees are friendly and helpful. It is awesome to work for a company that is helping to increase energy efficiency.
very friendly and professional environment
A typical day at work involved multitasking a great variety of tasks.
Although I spent a lot of the day working on my computer, I still interacted with people since customer service was also part of my job. I took phone calls and signed for and distributed packages mailed to the company. I also visited consultants at their office to assist them with troubleshooting computer software issues.

There were also times when I had to manage the mail room and assist with printing documents that were binded into books.

The hardest part of the job was having to manage the mail room alone and/or train someone else to help me while I myself was not initial very familiar with everything involved with managing the mail room since it wasn't something I did often. So it was a challenge to meet deadlines there while doing everything accurately in addition to not neglecting my original responsibility of desktop publishing.

At the same time, the most enjoyable part of the job was working on a variety of tasks, such as drawing, putting together tables/charts, reports, burning cds and I also felt fulfilled with helping customers.
it is fun and friendly
i like how everyone gets along. I don't like the fact that the coverage is so low and they don't work with school schedules
Pros
na
Cons
no holiday pay for me
Not a great place to work
Management is abusive, rude and wants 12 hour days Would not reccomend it to anybody.
Cons
very negative workplace
Fun and learning experience.
Great company to work with. To advance in my career is kind of not-so-easy but great work-culture and by business it's blooming.