Nexdine Employee Reviews

N/a
Executive Chef & General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 6, 2019
N/A. There is no disclosure I wish to provide regarding employment with Nexdine at the time. This seems to be an unnecessary portion to getting an application sent.
Feels like family
Manager (Current Employee) –  MansfieldJune 19, 2019
I enjoy working at Nexdine. I felt like part of the team instantly. It is refreshing to work in such a friendly environment.
The company is growing fast, which means it can busy at times. Everyone works as a team to help each other out.
Great work life balance
Horrible management, rude employees, no break
Cashier/ food prep (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAMarch 17, 2019
Worst cafe I've ever worked in. I was the only women working with 2 other men, I was constantly bullied, manager used to text me off hours about nothing relevant work wise. When brought to HR I was never even asked about it. I ended up being fired because I was tired of being bullied and stood up for myself. And the person whom fired me was having a bad morning because his check wasnt deposited at 5am. Very poor hygiene practiced by manager, never showered, I've seen him wash his hands a handful of times, I've also seen him use bad meat for chili so it didn't go to waste. Very disgusting! Clearly they don't train right. I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy to work here. They're lucky I am who I am because I could've easily ruined a few lives. GOOD LUCK WITH THIS PLACE
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Everything else
Customers are fun
Worker (Current Employee) –  Seacoast cafertiaFebruary 24, 2019
Poorly run ,a very cheap company,health insurance. Unafordable,food ediable nothing great,alot of canned and powdered food used. The worst part is the ignorance of the people the company allows to run their sites. The company is laughed at by the public at least the public that has even heard of them. I'm still there but not for long.
Pros
You can eat if you want.
Cons
All listed above
Fun place
Lead Morning Cook (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 20, 2019
Loved this job. Coworkers all work together. The work was fun. The customers lived coming in for meals. Kitchen and stockrooms were well organized. This company followed Sets are protocols. I would l9ve to work there again if the opportunity arose
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Short shift
Thanks
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAFebruary 20, 2019
I appreciate the job. It was great while it lasted, however due to current circumstances I needed to move my location so I was unable to continue working for NEXDine but I enjoyed working there. Wasn't the greatest job ever but I've had worse places of work.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Bad pay, no raise
This is an awesome job!
Prep cook/ server (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 6, 2019
One of the best places I have ever worked. The crew, staff, and clients are friendly and lighthearted! The atmosphere is busy, yet fun. I enjoy the benefits of working with and putting a smile on everyone’s face!
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Run!
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2018
All about the bottom line. Lousy vendors. Terible upper management. Expensive and terible benefits.
Run. HR lies. No training. No standard recipes. Run
Pros
Cons
To many
Corporate dining
Sue Chef (Former Employee) –  Dracut, MAOctober 22, 2018
I did everything from the deli, grill cook, salad bar, makeing pizza. This was my very first job working a a kitchen and I was with Nexdine for 4 years
Pros
They pay good
Cons
The traveling to Boston
Hire you then fire you for making too much
Cook/slave (Current Employee) –  Manchester VegasOctober 16, 2018
Awful. Came in with promises of greatness. Ended up being cheap and lack of organized help. No regional manager present. Left to figure it out and then told it's wrong. Too expensive benefits.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Too many to list. Stay away
Stressful but doable
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, MASeptember 25, 2018
managers ive worked with have been ok. but other people at the work place can make the job unbearable. the higher up are very nit pickey over everything which adds more stress.
Excellent kitchen schedule
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAAugust 15, 2018
The early morning to afternoon schedule makes for an excellent job for parents with young ones especially for young cooks. Menu isn't difficult and the culture is overall positive.
Productive, Relaxed but fast-paced
Food Service/Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAJuly 30, 2018
Worked with some great people. Manager was a great guy and fair. Worked in a school cafeteria so we would prep and serve breakfast, muffins, bagels, etc. Lunch prep and serve. Beverage stock.
Little gift card bonuses given to all employees. Meats given to employees at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Stressful stressful stressful
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker/caterer (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHJuly 27, 2018
I worked with 4 different managers, all of them were great at first and then once they got you around their finger they start treating you like garbage. They don’t do any work and take ALL the credit. If it wasn’t for the managers then it would have been a great work experience. If only people just would learn to communicate a lot better and act like they care about what you think. I mean if you have 6 people that have either left or quit just working that one position wouldn’t you think there is a problem that needs to be fixed. All the managers know how to sweet talk and are fake. However I’m happy that two of the managers had to hire two people to cover my job, that just shows them how much work I was doing. The CEO would come in once in a while, they were nice when they talked to you but that didn’t happen much, they just care about the managers.
Pros
The customers.
Cons
The managers
Dont believe the hype
Cook (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 27, 2018
Management will tell you that they are a comoany who cares about there people thats just not true they care about the bottom line they need to cut employees because of high labor with out warner we dont need you any longer putting the work on the other employees
Pros
Not one
Cons
More than I can count
Poor leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 16, 2018
They talk a good game "We care about our people". Not the case at all. Poor leadership, read all the reviews they all lean toward poor leadership primarily from the DM and up......over sell and under delivered
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
typical working cafe
Chef general manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, NHApril 25, 2018
Very bust at times and no breaks not enough employees to cover the rushes during the busy times, No extra coverage from other accounts. Hard to take time off.
Pros
great team we created
Cons
no breaks
Chaotic but good co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 18, 2018
Always running out of supplies. Lots of miscommunication and call outs. Not enough help to do the job well. Confusing menu pricing. No proper orientation or training. Rewards program is inefficient and buggy. Wouldn't recommend for long term job.
Pros
Co-workers, customers
Cons
No breaks, poor communication, duties undefined
Worst place I worked at terrible management
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 17, 2018
Horrible place to work home office is in Massachusetts there not even close. Regional manager has no clue what he is doing. The place is poorly managed revolving door.
Happy Employee
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMarch 7, 2018
This is one of the few places I have ever worked where employees are actually valued, creativity encouraged and promotions possible!

Employees come first at this company and you have direct access to Senior Management if ever needed.

Chefs are encouraged to be creative and create a fun environment for their staff and customers.

NexDine is growing and it's a great time to be a part of a great team!
Pros
Great culture, work life balance, happy employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nexdine. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8