Nexius Employee Reviews

need to increase salary and benefits
RF ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Need to increase benefits and salary; also need better tools to do work. Moved the office an hour away because office was cheap for Nexius. so sad. Manager was very nice but I felt there was no room for growth or improvement as an Engineer.
Very productive team spirit
Construction Project Manager LTE (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 28, 2018
Enjoyed working with the team assembled for the Sprint 2.5 project in the MoKan market bringing KC from last to first in KC in 6 months.
Manager of this project was a great person to work with as well as all the Sprint managers. All about teamwork.
Pros
Given the ability to streamline the processes
Cons
Project ended and had to start traveling.
Good hard work
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Really good enviroment to work get to know alot of places of texas get to learn electrical work amd tower safety rules on PPE and all work for at&t and new antenna and radio install ments
Lots of travel
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day for myself would be checking emails first, scheduling my stops throughout my day or week. Not knowing what time I'd finish up or where I would be. It often proved very difficult to get accommodations approved after hours.
Pros
Cons
Quite a few
Growing company so dealing with some growing pains
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 5, 2018
The culture is somewhat fun, they host a happy hour once in a while, provide tickets to a Mariners game, and occasionally provide lunch.

They do give bonuses to those that go the extra mile, but forget about raises and promotions.
Official response from Nexius
October 23, 2018

We are so fortunate to be experiencing substantial growth – an exciting time for Nexius! It is true, we take good care of our hard working employees. Not only do we give spot bonuses, but we also provide yearly raises/promotions given during performance reviews.

Ok company
Site Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 10, 2018
There are certain markets that are better than others due to management. Unfortunately, I was in a market where we didn't have good management. The communcation was poor and in several instances, non-existent. There are some very talented and dedicated employees thay just have managers that don't value their worth.
Pros
Work life balance, remote work
Cons
Lack of communication
collabrative
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 31, 2018
Amazing work place. Employee diversity helps learn a lot. New projects coming in every now and then. People get to work on 2-3 projects at a time if they choose to do so.
Productive and fun to work
RF Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 30, 2018
Friendly environment and nice work place atmosphere with flexible hours and ability to work remotely. Management is approachable/friendly and very flexible. Directors are always asking if we want anything from them
Pros
free coffe and tea
Nexius rocks
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 21, 2018
Nexius has been such an amazing job. I'm really thankful I work here! I have learned a lot and love my team. Nexius is an interesting place because they'll give you a chance with a lot of different titles and not just the one you have a degree in. This really allows Nexians to grow and expand in the position that suits them perfectly.
The culture here is unmatched. Nexius offers standing desks, has a ping pong table, a foosball table, monthly office events (including omelets and waffles sometimes in the morning), and happy hours. There are no stuffy cubicles and the headquarters in Frisco has a park and a pond behind it for a place to clear your head. We even have Nerf gun wars!
My boss is very open to questions, easy to reach, and understanding. He's also very trusting and wants my opinion on the projects I work on. The rest of the leadership team is also very accessible. Their desks are in the main room that everyone elses are and the CEO and COO can often be found walking around, playing ping pong, and getting coffee with the rest of us.
Nexius itself is growing a lot which makes it a very interesting company to work for. The telecom industry is booming and I love seeing where it is going.
Pros
good office enviornment, easily accessible leadership, great company culture, fast paced enviornment
Cons
n/a
Official response from Nexius
October 23, 2018

Thank you for sharing such wonderful praise with us! We’re so glad you are enjoying our wonderful culture and feel that you have a voice when participating in your projects! Nexius is all about inclusion which is why our leadership makes a point to walk amongst our main floor, it allows them to get to know the new faces in our office and in turn employees are able to see their involvement with the company.

Fast-pace and educational
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2018
Nexius was a challenging and rewarding career move, i highly recommend this employer. The workplace atmosphere was energetic and motivatioonail throughout the day.
Pros
professionalism atmosphere
Cons
compensation
Average Corporate
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  USJanuary 18, 2018
Enjoyment and work balance depended on the manager you worked for.
Travel arrangements were a very stressful and most times would take 2 hours to get a room and added to the time to complete tasks.
Pros
Some great Managers
Cons
Some horrible Managers
in short
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 25, 2017
The team in Ca manages by crisis rather than taking a proactive approach and working as a team to reach a resolution to the problem. I now understand the clients frustration with them and its too bad because I feel a lot of people there hope and try to please the client but the management is bad.
Everyday is a good day
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2017
This company relies on very little supervision for employees in the field. Also, they depend on our productivity to keep wheels moving forward.
I learned to isolate problems and resolve them.
Track record of exceeding expectations on accelerated projects/markets. Capable of planning and managing resources within a diversified logistics arena, monitoring budgets and delivering on stringent schedule milestones.
Pros
productive days, working all areas unsupervised
Cons
understaffed in the field
contractor
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 18, 2017
Performed Project management skills
Contractor to Time Warner cable in the wireless engineering team
- Worked with diverse teams
-Facilitated meetings and helped team meet timelines of projects.
-Kept upper management involved with weekly and monthly status reports.
Pros
flexibility in schedule
Productive and fun workplace
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 26, 2016
Network operators partner with Nexius for its continuous, ahead-of-the-curve innovation, and progressive approach to building networks that advance schedules, reduce costs, and increase quality of service. The delivery teams leverage state-of-the-art software and automation tools, such as AccuVSM, providing unequaled consistency, accuracy, and visibility. For assistance with time-sensitive projects, such as site audits, route planning, carrier-adds, equipment optimization, project/program management, engineering, and more, Nexius can rapidly deploy resources to meet critical time-to-market (TTM) and on-time-delivery (OTD) requirements.
Pros
Working with Professional Staff
Cons
Long hours and extensive travel
Typical Bate and Switch
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 8, 2016
Job description that was signed up for did not match the actual job duties and responsibilities. Was also promised long term stability which actually turned out to be short term do to the end customer pulling project funding for the market. In return they offered me a position in Alabama even though I was very upfront with them during the on boarding process that I was not willing to relocate.
Pros
salary/Benefits
Cons
Bate and Switch
Where we all want to work!
EC (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 1, 2014
I started Nexius about 6 years ago now. Even with the hard times i choose Nexius every day.
I can balance my personal life with my work life counting the busy weeks we all have at work. The company is family oriented, healthy culture, fun environment, foster sports and healthy style of life.
People at the office are genuinely nice, and honestly helpful! i am always able to find help when i cannot continue on my own. And here is when i get to learn a lot from others and how they managed the situation.
Pros
Open Door Policy (for real), Team Work, Job Culture, Fun environment
Cons
no cons at the moment.
Great Culture that cares about their Employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hannover, MDMay 1, 2014
This company really gives their employees empowerment to get the job done. They set up a great culture where they have an open door policy so anyone is free to suggest ways to improve.
They embrace change and constantly figure out ways to improve.
It's been a pleasure working for this organization so far...
Pros
Great culture, growing company with room to get promoted fast, flexible, fun atmostphere
Cons
Needs better Management training when promoted
RF engineering
Associate RF Engineer / RF engineer Level II (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 24, 2015
Own schedule. Manage own resources. planed drive routes. Test equipments. review settings. work closely with RF III engineer. Investigated sites, queried site data in tableau (performances), pulled neighbor list and updated test equipments with site settings.
-Learned new criteria for LTE development.
-Worked until live test completed.
-Flexible and fast support.
Pros
Flexible work
Cons
mismanagement of resources
Growing but Not
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2016
Nexius says they are one of the fastest growing tech companies, but in my time with Nexius they have shut down multiple offices and warehouses. There is no communication even when they decide to shut down an office.

Won't lie that they do offer very good health benefits, but that is the best thing I have to say about working for them.
Pros
Health Insurance, Coworkers
Cons
Lack of leadership, Poor Communication from the top