NexLink Communications Employee Reviews

Decent work with lacking company
Cell Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Andover, MNSeptember 27, 2017
for however slow or quiet Nexlink was it had its ups and downs. I regret leaving, but had to make a choice. If I could do it again I would change it easily.
Pros
bbq lunches, holiday parties
Cons
short breaks with short lunches, off set times
Great for Temporary Work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eveleth, MNAugust 2, 2017
This is a "good ol' boy club", many families or people in relationships are in management and it is obvious to see. Lazy and/or under-qualified employees dating management are protected from reprecussions for not doing their job. The layoffs here are atrocious. Will throw elaborate holiday parties then layoff most the staff the following day. Officially the least professional organization I have ever worked for.
Pros
Pay is good when working
Cons
Unprofessionalism, no healthcare, management
interesting and knowledgable
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Andover, MNJune 27, 2017
I definitely did not know as much about repairing phones until I worked for them. Just maybe needed to open up a few more positions to be able to keep good staff around.
Great place to learn about technology
Cell phone (Current Employee) –  Andover, MNJune 13, 2017
I really like this job. This job isn't something original. At first, I started as a checking phone/tablet person, then after two months, I switched to repair. And it's like a whole new world opened up for me, I love to fix things, taking them apart, putting them back together, making sure it works. That just is amazing.
The hard part of the job is most times figuring out the problem with the electronic and figuring out a way to solve it.
Good management, great environment. Minimal job security.
REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  EvelethApril 21, 2017
Management is great and friendly. So are the coworkers. Plenty of parties and incentives to maintain morale. Multiple short notice layoffs, pay is on the low side.
Construction and installation of wi-fi for business and residences.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 30, 2015
I would pick up and deliver our construction plans to the appropriate offices, filed and kept track of all construction packet plans.
Pros
Given much freedom to work at any assigned tasks.
Cons
Fun job to learn, yet can be challenging.
Repair Operator (Former Employee) –  Eveleth, MNOctober 12, 2015
Can be a fun place to work. The upper management provide free lunches sometimes, holiday parties, raffle items to employees. They try to keep the employees happy but yet are firm on their daily production goals.
Good company if there's work
Nexlink employee (Former Employee) –  Andover, MNJuly 15, 2015
i loved working here, we got to have cook outs ocassionlly, but towards the end there was hardly any work and therefore got let go and had to find other work
Pros
Good pay, friendly environment
Cons
no a/c, never got compensated for missed pay raise
Fairly productive team, and fun personalities to work with, though lacking in management.
Assembly Lead (Former Employee) –  Andover, MNMay 24, 2015
Day consisted of being at your bench with your attention on the Iphones in front of you that needed repairs. Despite making or exceeding hourly quotas there was very little freedom to be had. I did learn about small electronics which was new for me, but I found it hard to stay seated in one place all day long. When I was promoted to line lead I did enjoy the work more. Management was terrible at this job, the plant manager was very unprofessional and did not give opportunities for advancement that were due.
Fun and relaxed environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 1, 2014
Set up email marketing campaigns to send out to clients.
Updated Social media sites and company websites.
Created company flyers used for promotional events.
Great people and work environment
Cell phone repair tech. (Former Employee) –  Auburn hills ,michiganSeptember 12, 2014
Learned all aspects of Job.
shipping, receiving ,inventory adjustments,
quality and repair
Detailed Work Enviroment
Purchasing / Materials Requisition Officer (Former Employee) –  Eveleth, MNFebruary 10, 2014
Need to have basic fine motor skills and an abundance of patience. The majority of jobs require sitting through out the day, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
Jobs and department locations (occasionally procedures) frequently change inside the plant, based on what model of phone is being run.
Industry is feast or faminine.
Pros
Attendance bonuses, weekly prize give aways
Cons
Frequent changes and lay offs
work place values
Quality Assurance in Returns department (Current Employee) –  Eveleth, MNJune 1, 2013
a typical day at work starts out saying good morning to your co workers. I learn on a daily basis depending on what models of phones come in and if I have problems I ask my supervisor who is a great person. The hardest part of my job is the pay. It is hard to make it on what we make. The most enjoyable part of the day is the people i work with. They are positive and they are generally in good moods and make your day go well
Pros
discounted rates on cell phones, lunch times we can order
Cons
pay rate, no healthcare
amazing job .
Construction manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 27, 2012
great job, i loved it, there was always something going on and i was always busy, the job was addicting because there was alway a healthy competition between the director of construction and myself on who could make more profit for the company, he would most of the time win because he cheated :-) great mentor and a fun place to work.
Pros
good environment to work at, loved my office
Cons
compensation, drive 80% of the time.