NexRep Employee Reviews

Would Not Apply
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 12, 2019
Communication is Poor
The organization is also very poor
They work and make rules on their own rules
Always-on. Instant Scalability. Total Control.
There motto is this and do not live by it
nexrep is awesome
Independent Contractor- work from home (Current Employee) –  At homeMarch 8, 2019
wonderful balance of work and family. I love the competitiveness of the workers but the comradery is out of this world. So absolutely would recommend to anyone wanting a work from home with independent contract
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
paid by telephone talk time only
Not a good choice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 19, 2019
You are not your own boss. Managers or Leads are not trained properly only causing conflict with your adherence and job development.
No W2, causing your taxes to be more than half of your earnings.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD CHOICE
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Minimal Training, Not enough Pay
expect to much of agents
Inbound Sales/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 30, 2019
Expect a certain amount of selling of clubs which were mostly nearly impossible as most customers were elderly not in need of clubs. Minimum 25 hours per week, could choose hours 24/7, but must make minimum. Some calls were commission only and waste of time on the phone, they wanted minimum talk time to sell or if paid by per minute. As a supervisor they expected you to help all agents while constantly being interrupted by phone calls and questions, became impossible to do both, reprimanded if not met quota. Base salary for supervisor was 5.00 per hour, low incentives, and many changes that were not better than original format. Their selling platform often froze or did not work and tech support sometimes could not correct and you were reprimanded for it.
It's a good place if you are desperate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 20, 2019
Only working this job till something better starts in a month. If you have the ability to work all day every day you might be good at this. But there is not enough hours to split between all of us.
Pros
Work at home, make my own schedule
Cons
Very limited hours
Terrible company
Customer service (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 18, 2019
Requires you to upsell the same garbage magazines and coupon savings club that no one wants. Gets mad when you don't sell it well. Terminates you without any notice for unknown reasons. Stay far away if you value your time and energy.
Tying very hard to sick it out untill I get a better job...
Remote Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 11, 2019
Remote Customer Service Agent

-You are not paid for the mandatory "training" (8hrs a day for 2 weeks) which is HORRIBLE! most of the time you are just waiting around while the instructors help some of the other trainees figure out minor things. I had to find most of the training resources myself as the instructors don't really go over much of the material with you, they pretty much just give you your login info for the platforms and websites used and go over some of the scripts with you. When its time to start working, you are basically thrown to the wolves.
-No reimbursement for any job-related expenses (internet, headsets, plus they "recommend that you purchase the products that customers are calling in regards to which are all "as seen on tv" products).
-Most of the calls you get from customers are unpleasant as they are angry 75% of the time either due to the product that they purchased not working, breaking, missing parts or not having received it at all.
-Scheduling is EXTREMELY inconsistent, you can pick your shifts every week in 30-minute increments. Aside from the holiday season, there are not many hours to choose from (and only available during 9am-6pm EST) so you could end up only getting a couple hours a week if any.
-You are hired as a "Independent Contractor" (1099) so you do not get any benefits and you are responsible for paying the taxes that are taken out of your earnings. They can cancel your contract without notifying you before.
-The hourly wage they pay you is just barely over minimum wage and a lot less than other comparable jobs. Vacation/sick
  more... pay is not offered.
-No opportunity for any type of real advancement. Raises are poor if not non-existent.
Pros
Its a remote (aka"work from home") position
Cons
See My Review...
Create your own schedule!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Macon GeorgiaJanuary 10, 2019
Really enjoy being able to pick my days I want to work and the times. You can make your schedule day by day. Very flexible and easy learning. Training offered.
My Opinion About Indeed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 2, 2019
I wasn't told training is unpaid until the day I started. It's a contract job so no benefits and you'll be doing your own taxes Hours were limited and unpredictable. Communication in chat was poor. I didn't feel like I was given the tools to be successful at my job. This is company should be treated as a part time, side gig.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No benefits, hours are limited
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 24, 2018
A while back it was a very good company to work for now they don’t care about their employees and they don’t pay well when you’re under a contract they can cancel it at any time they feel is appropriate
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management is terrible

Want to know more about NexRep?

Ask a question
Flexible, Contract Good Side Gig
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nunnelly, TNDecember 21, 2018
On the contract I am on, you can set your own work schedule. They have 30-minute commits and you are paid by the talk time minute, This is great when there are back to back calls. Not so great when it is slow.

There are advancement opportunities and incentives to raise your pay.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
not good enough for only job
Work from home Customer Care
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Work from homeDecember 8, 2018
Intense training, high demands to keep calls short but still help the customer. Some supervisors are difficult to work with. The hours are a nightmare! Could work zero hours or 30 hours and the days and time are all over the place.
Program Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working I would probably still be her if the assignment I was working had not ended. great place to work. everyone is very professional.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay could have been a little better
independent contractor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 5, 2018
The job itself is great when you can get hours. It is tough getting spots when schedule comes out.
The training was intense and their is a lot to remember. There is about 4 websites you have to be logged into at once and navigation has to be quick because most of the time your on a live call and not only are you answering their questions and helping them you are filling out work orders and case orders that must be wrapped up after call in less than a minute. The challenge is great, i love it, when I could get the hours to work.
Pros
flex work hours, make your own hours, good training
Cons
have to click super fast and may only get 3 hours a week
Not good
Direct Response Agent (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 23, 2018
You are not your own boss. They will hound you with emails and phone calls to get you on the phone and want all of your time. The scripts are long and endless, awkwardly written. There is nonstop talking for fifteen to twenty minutes. Pay is 20 cents per talk minute. Customers are pressured into upsells, and there is an average of twelve to thirteen upsells/downsells when all they want is to order the product they want and get off the phone. There are system crashes, too. Lots of them. Then there are the third party offers, which is a joke and no one wants them. You are to push these on the customers regardless if they tell you no three or four times. Too many rules, too much pressure. And you will sit there and not receive calls. Oh yeah, you MUST work 10 hours every weekend. Work five hours each day, or ten in one day. There goes your weekend. And many of the customers are nasty and yell at you. I guess it's ok for some, but for most people, it's not a good job at all. Look, I get that this is a sales job. I've done phone work for years and I don't mind it. I wanted this to work for me. The idea of working from home sounds great, and it was nice to drink coffee and vape between calls in my pajamas. But honestly, I hated every minute of it. It got to a point when I'd commit to the schedule and I'd work for a little while but then I just couldn't take it for more than two hours. Some folks are made for this kind of thing. I am not, and was thankful when I didn't have to do this anymore.
Pros
Work from home, who doesn't love that?
Cons
Just about everything
Lack of informing contractors of certain information about duties of job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 16, 2018
I was told that I had to complete 15-20 cases in an hour and if I didn't I basically would be fired. This was not told to me in the interview. Even while working with the company I had a bad experience with the Team Leaders.
Pros
Work whenever you want
Cons
Lack of hours and that fact you have to meet a hourly quota
good place to work and you can set your own hours
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Work from homeNovember 15, 2018
It is a good company to work for. I have been there for 2years. I like that they pay every two weeks. and your Pay is based on your sales efforts. You can really set your own paycheck
good
CSR/grubhub (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2018
This is great to work from home part-time. Single moms may enjoy this company the most in order to make their own schedules to allow for more family time.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no advancement or raises
They tell you it starts at $15 and hour
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VermontOctober 24, 2018
Lied from the get go. The website says starts at $15 and hour and it's only $12 an hour. Not a good way to start with an employee. If they lied to you about the pay then they aren't a company I want to work for.
Pros
Working from home would of been great
Cons
Not honest
Not recommended for single parents
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  VirtualOctober 9, 2018
I would NOT recommend this job to anyone who has bills to pay and children to feed; you do not make enough (not enough available hours) to provide an income to live off- this is more or less a way to earn a second income just for pocket change-
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
not enough hours to choose from