NexRep Employee Reviews

Not recommended for single parents
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  VirtualOctober 9, 2018
I would NOT recommend this job to anyone who has bills to pay and children to feed; you do not make enough (not enough available hours) to provide an income to live off- this is more or less a way to earn a second income just for pocket change-
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
not enough hours to choose from
DO NOT WORK HERE - A Customer Service Rep's Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TelecommuteOctober 3, 2018
The ability to work on your own is always a dream I've wanted. I'm retired military, and I've done networking and problem solving for over 20 years. I didn't join NexRep for the money - I did it for the experience - something to do on the side. I just wanted to help our customers with a smile :) - and do great things for what I thought was a great company.

First off, the hiring process is poor. THEY ONLY WANT DUMB PEOPLE. I've had several of my friends turned down that have Master's and Bachelor's degrees, which really sucked because I wanted to share a common experience with friends of mine who are also retired military.

When I was hired, the first person I got to talk to through the process was extremely rude, rush-y and I honestly thought that was how things would go.. It wasn't - and was a pure reflection of how this company works.NexRep hires an unskilled labor force - and punishes those who want to bring great ideas to this company. The management is so poor, which explains why there is a huge turn-over rate. DO NOT WORK HERE. I have been working here for 6 months and it is literally all I can take. Be a free agent. Work for yourself!
Pros
I got the job
Cons
Terrible Management, No Advancement
Would not recommend
Independent Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Home BasedSeptember 24, 2018
Hours are not reliable, one week you might have a shot at scheduling ten hours, the next week maybe one. Management is very poor, they ghost you if you mess up and dont speak to you about it. They block communication and delete your log ins. They dont offer raises and treat contractors like full time employees but no benefits.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
horrible management
Opinion
Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 28, 2018
They do not treat their contractors right at all. They treat them like employees not business owners but, not pay them or give them benefits like employees.
they speak one language and behave another. not good for motivation
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2018
they speak one language and behave another. not good for motivation

supervisors and or superiors can be mean, rude
leave little motivation to return the next day
onscreen and in ear comments interfere with speaking with customer and filling out orders and can be mean not motivating or leader intended
Pros
home based work
Cons
supervisors and or superiors can be mean, rude, and unhelpful scheduling is not guaranteed
Easy work from home job with no ceiling on how much money you can make
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2018
A typical day at work is taking inbound call, collecting notes while on call and submitting those notes.
I learned how to operate the zendesk system, adobe connect and many more
Management was easy to contact, very understanding and helpful
The hardest part about the job is dealing with angry callers
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to relax while working! Wearing you PJs and a blanket to work
Good Work Life Balance
Agent Team Member (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 24, 2018
Growing company that will do well in the future. There is a great work life balance however, they are still behind other companies paying employees and contracting agents fair wage for tasks performed.
Love my NexRep Team
NexRep DR Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2018
I've been at NexRep for about 6-7 months and I've really enjoyed the work. I was dubious at first because of the kind of work (answering the phones and selling products), but it has proven time and again fulfilling work and it pays well.
Pros
work when you want, make extra bonuses
Cons
the schedule is very competitive. You have to be ready to get those hours.
Great for stay at home parents.
Grubhub customer service agent (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 18, 2018
Not much to say but very flexible hours, great staff, and they are willing to work with you if you have medical problems. If you need some short term work I highly recommend them, but since there are no benefits or paid time off, I can't recommend staying there for a very long time.Would be great to supplement income if you have another job and just need a little more pay to help ends meet.
Pros
Pick your own schedule
Cons
No paid time off or overtime.
Fun workplace!
INBOUND CALL AGENT (Current Employee) –  HomeMay 2, 2018
You get to pick and chose your hours; management is great and helpful; enormous support from other employees; consistent communication between management and employees.

Cons: Not enough hours for everyone. It is more like a part-time job.
Not enough hours are available during the work week days.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  VirtualApril 21, 2018
It's a friendly and fun environment, however I believe the contractors should receive some type of commission on products sold- and that more hours/blocks should be available during the week days as well.
Poor Management
CSR (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeApril 6, 2018
Managment was very unprofessional. While logging on to take calls and because of the outdated phone dialer, I overheard one of the manager trainers and a lead supervisor making derogatory comments about a new group that was recently coming out of training. The comment was "They sucked!" My first thought was how unprofessional and a terrible representation of a group of people. Instead of providing proper guidance, assistance, and encouragement, these two people were actually talking about the new people. I sent an anonymous email to the director. And, needless to say, he did nothing. The two individuals remained as managers and supervisors. Let's just say, not only should they train new people, but continued efforts are needed to train and develop a rewarding team of people who really embody the true essence of good managers.
Cons
Bad Management
Great Job
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  From HomeMarch 2, 2018
NexRep is a really good place to work as a indepedent contractor. It is fast paced. You are paid for talk time, and commission so you must make sales to get a good paycheck. Management is great. Their system is great too!
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
independent contracting, and commision based
NexRep- find another place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  remoteFebruary 24, 2018
I worked at NexRep for 10 months. I was assigned as a Customer Service Rep for Grubhub. Initially, I was super excited to be able to work from home working for a great company.
That however, changed during December 2017.
The way NexRep worked- you had to scramble for hours during a set time. They released/opened up the schedule during a certain day of the week at a specific time. Everyone would then log in and try to get as many hours as possible.
Some days the scheduler was not available at the set time. Other days there were no desirable hours available. After Christmas, there were basically zero hours available, unless you wanted to work late evening into early morning. When I inquired about this, they stated that it was due to the holidays and that the hours would go back to normal after New Years.

New Years came and went and the hours were still not available. I was working maybe 3 hours a week. I inquired about this again and got the same response.

When mid January came, I noticed I was not able to view the scheduler at all. I emailed several depts about this and got no response.
Now, I was still able to log in and work so I initially thought this was some technical problem.
I was finally able to get a response via skype and was told my contract was terminated (this was on a day that i actually worked). When I asked why they stated that it was due to not having worked enough hours.
Obviously, this made no sense to me since, 1- i was able to log into all systems that day and work my shift and 2- no one bothered to tell me that my contract was terminated.
  more...
I was left frustrated and pretty upset at the lack of communication, transparency and professionalism.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Lack of communication; Pay is low; no benefits
This company is great work from home business
Customer Care Rep - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  onlineFebruary 5, 2018
I recommend NexRep to anyone who wants the flexability to work from home and still have a job. However the pay is per minute, not per hour; so the more you work and the less brakes that are taken, the more money you will make.
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay per minute not the hour as advertised
Great Company
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 2, 2018
They have flexible scheduling and a great management team. The support team is there to help anytime you need something.
This is a work from home position where I was working for Priceline, receiving inbound calls from customers wanting to make changes or cancelations to there hotel. rental car or airline reservation.
Pros
You can make your own schedule
Cons
Independant contractor
Outstanding company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 20, 2018
I worked with Nexrep for 6 months, and was extremely impressed with their training, management and support. I read reviews that are less than stellar, and cannot believe this is for the same company. This company is outstanding. I have noticed, many, and I do mean MANY agents, schedule time, then either don't show up, or post their hours on the tradeboard due to agents unable to fulfill their contract. Nexrep is not only understanding to this, but tries their best to make sure everyone gets the hours they need.
i highly recommend Nexrep for a work at home position. The start up pay could be better, but advancement is always available. Outstanding company and I highly recommend them!
Pros
great support
Nexrep
Outbound agent (Current Employee) –  telecomuteJanuary 4, 2018
Nice place for just extra income.Will not suffice as a day to day job to pay bills, but does provide that extra income if you sell enough. Have to be really good with sales, although you are only allowed to read a script verbatim.
Don't Believe the Hype!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2018
NexRep is definitely NOT the place you want to look for a job. First, they don't even have enough hours for all the Reps they hire, so getting hours is like some kind of lotto. Next, you're pretty much useless if you're in customer support since NONE of the other departments are any good at following up with their customers, so all you could do as a CS Rep is note the ticket. Lastly, they do NOT follow the standard 'verbal warning', 'written warning', etc. motif; no, they just let you think you're doing fine - even applauding your calls and saying how well you're doing - before suddenly letting you go. No Performance Improvement Plan, no anything; they just wake up one day and decide to let you go. STAY AWAY FROM HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SEARCHING AGAIN IN 5 MONTHS (they don't even keep to their "temp" time-frame of 6 months!)
Pros
No need to commute to work
Cons
Lack of communication, other departments not doing their jobs.
Stressful and lack of communication
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  VirtualDecember 15, 2017
Worked for the GrubHub campaign through NexRep and the training was a joke. There was no system to train in, you just had to hope you remember how to navigate everything just by seeing the trainers do it on their end. I had 3 diff supervisors in just a couple month time span, if you had a question about anything you were left to try and find it in their virtual manual which is 100's of pages to look through. If you could not find the info you were looking for, oh well.
Pros
Work life balance is good
Cons
No benifits and if you had an emergency come up, it will count against you