Next Day Blinds Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
If you are desparate apply to this job
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDAugust 15, 2018
Legal sweat shop literally. This place has a high turnover rate for a reason. Unless you are a foreigner that just came to this country I would not recommend this place. Management can't be trusted.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Benefits are not good, No holiday's off
Not a job for the long term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 9, 2018
If you’re looking for a long term job with career advancement, this isn’t the job for you. They have a very high turn over rate (higher than any other place I’ve worked) and you’ll definitely be treated as another number. My manager quit a week after I got hired and the manager hired to take her place had little knowledge about call centers and customer service. He was completely clueless and often made our work more stressful than it already was. The pay is low and benefits are almost nonexistent. They’re relunctant to give you any time off and when we have slow days management won’t allow you to read at your desk or even take out your phone for a quick text. There also needs to be better interdepartmental communication. Specifically between Customer Service and the Tracking Dept. This isn’t the worst job, no, but it’s the one if you’re looking to grow with a company.
Pros
Free lunches on saturdays sometimes
Cons
Low pay, poor management, weird company culture, stinky/dirty office spaces, no parking, little professionalism from supervisors (tracking) and management
Good workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDApril 30, 2018
Good place to work. Very competitive workplace. Management does a great job of taking their employees. People there are very respectful and you will feel like your appreciated.
No love
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MD 20794April 3, 2018
More driving than working so you’ll always be on the road with 30 minutes of work. You don’t get paid for the time it take you to get home no matter what time you get home
Slow to medium pace environment
Store (Retail) Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 13, 2018
Design and layout window treatments for the customers. Matching and placing orders of high volume. Being the store manager my duties was the whole operation o the store. Keep up with the day to day sales with float managers and assistant managers, Make sure orders are out at a certain time and make sure the customer has order is what they wanted and the installers has made the final measurements before sending the order to the corporate office. Deposit all checks and money orders to the bank at the end of day. Going to customers homes for a consult on the window treatments and pre-measure the windows. Not a diverse environment everyone that was a store manager was over the age of forty. I at the time was the youngest and not quite forty yet.
Pros
Getting to work independantly
Cons
no lunch breaks unless you have someone to cover yur store
Productive fun-workplace
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 22, 2018
My time at next day blinds was fun and I would like to go back there for the money and the career. It took a while for me to get into installing blinds but as I got better the more I wanted to install. The joy that I have gained from installing blinds for Next Day Blinds has pushed me into starting my own install company. I've learned a lot from Next Day Blinds such as taking on the responsibility of adding a finishing touch to someones home. Me getting more involved with tools and being a handy man aroud the house has come in handy. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the disrespectful up tight customers that you come across from time to time but you do get those customers that really make your job worth while. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a career and bettering themselves to start here.
Pros
Ability to make good honest money and have a career at making people happy
Cons
Constant pressure to help co-workers out when you finish your shift.
Things were not good match
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDNovember 21, 2017
Ok
Customer is always right,even when they are indeed not!
Have had better
Ok
Their charter concerning customer mistakes( obvious)
Implications and dollars
Check and check out
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Company charter
Time To Go
Time Calculated Freight Driver (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDOctober 25, 2017
In the beginning I was very happy and content at Next Day Blinds. But when management changed, the job became very stressful. Communication was always an issues. Too, many hours on the road.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Too, much time away from my family
good team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jessup MDAugust 26, 2017
Call center, Corporate Office reception, scheduling etc. steady pace environment with peak season in spring and holidays. HQ office works along w 30 showrooms, and 35 sales team consultants who work in the field.........
Pros
good team members
benefits
Ok i guess
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDAugust 21, 2017
If your not management the pay isnt good. Your over worked and requesting time off is frowned upon. My department supervisor is really not a good supervisor. She is a slacker who pretends to work where as i am doing the most of the work. Other managers are pretty cool and try to accommodate the need to take off. The workplace is really a friendly atmosphere. My hours are Tuesday through Saturday and a lot of times on Saturday the managers treat every to lunch. I dont hate it I just cant live off the pay i am receiving and working as hard as i am.
Dont value their employees
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 14, 2017
A plantation! A sweat shop! Torture! The management sucks. The HR department is awful. No room for advancement. A bunch of babies in charge. You will need a psychiatrist if you work there.
Pros
Cons
A million of them
Long Days
Technician Helper (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJune 15, 2017
After arriving at the shop around 530am, we would help the insallation technicians load up the work van with the various stops we had each day. We would leave the shop no later than 730.
It was a fun place.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDMay 23, 2017
Open the store. Wait on customer show then displays and sample books Place a orders answer the phone. Process payment. set appointment the customers to measure for window treatment follow up on previous orders. meeting with the distant manager weekly key holder for the store. Close the store go to the bank for the store. Go to workshop a corporate office for training once a month.
Pros
8 minutes from home
Cons
on saturday we busy I ran the store by my self no lunch break
Ndb
Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDMay 17, 2017
The company as a whole isn't bad you can make a lot of money and its ez to advance but issues such as miscommunication on behalf of the team can make the daily tasks strenuous
Pros
Money
Cons
flexible schedule but poor benefits
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 28, 2016
Customer service oriented position. Great health benefits. No sick days, personal days, and must work on holidays except for Christmas DAY, Easter, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, and New Years Day. Company only matches 5% for 401K. Since there are no sick days, you have the option to purchase supplemental insurance for maternity leave, long and short term leave due to illness. Only receive 10 PTO days. Must work one day each weekend.
Pros
flexible work schedule, not an office job
Cons
poor 401K match by company, no sick or personal days
Great company
Installer and delivery (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJune 23, 2016
The company itself was incredible but it took over my whole life. I left for work around 5 am and most nights got home about 8 or 9. Even as late as 1 or 2 in the morning. Middle management were impossible to get along with but i loved the work i did and getting to deal with all the different customers. It paid pretty well too(if they liked you).
Pros
always had consistant work
Cons
Way too many hours, you will not have any kind of personal life
Outstanding Company.
Shop at Home Decorator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDFebruary 18, 2016
I worked for this company from 2001 until almost 2006. I learned so much from my experience at NDB. I cannot tell you how much this company will put in to you- if you put in the right effort. I was a shop at home decorator with two small kids to care for and I was earning over $60K a year to start. I was also promoted from within and compensated very well. I only left this company to move to another state because of family. The owner of this company was firm, professional and expected the best after the amount of training he puts in to each employee. And if you are wise enough to listen and produce you will earn a great income and the owner is tough but he will recognize your talent and reward you. I am still in this business in another state. And this company gave me a skill for life. I would work there again in a minute! JCJ
Pros
flexible schedule, outstanding training great income
Cons
traffic, some weekend work, weather issues when driving
Fast paced with varied income potential
Arlington/Georgetown - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Metro Washington DCApril 13, 2015
A typical day involves assisting customers with selection; receiving and processing broken products from customers and forwarding them on to the appropriate company; competitive commission based sales environment; the most enjoyable part of the job was matching the correct product to the customers needs; the hardest part was matching the customers aesthetic desires with the desired function.
Pros
quiet work environment
Cons
rigid scheduling; income based on location
A fair place to work!!!
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 1, 2014
*Installations of window coverings.

*I learned product knowledge.

*Management was very unfair!

*Co-workers were great!

* The hardest part of the job was dealing with other people's mistakes that directly affected my pay!

*The most enjoyable part of the job were my days off. This job was very stressful!
Not a ton of room to grow but stability and security offered.
Shop at Home Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 16, 2014
I reported to the Director of Shop at Home and he is the most amazing supervisor ever. The majority of management are very down to earth. They do not micromanage which is a huge bonus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next Day Blinds. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.5Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight