Next Day Blinds

Next Day Blinds Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews

It used to be a privately owned company

One of a kind local manufacturer of window treatments. Sales people must work weekends. It was a fun job meeting new people and seeing how people live.

Working here was like walking on broken glass with no shoes on. You had to kiss butt to keep your job or move ahead. The benefits were the worst if you had a family

Next Day Blinds insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Long hours but money can be worth it

First day was 14 hours, not much energy for a social life but you can't blow money in your sleep. The customer is ALWAYS right. Even when they're wrong lol. Fun coworkers family vibe

Great product, bad management!

My district manager was great, although the immediate store manager supervisor had a lot to be desired. The latter managed a specific store. Sales were commission based and not easy to attain. This store manager lacked leadership, motivation, and pay incentives to help her sales staff grow.

Pros

Employee discount was decent.

Cons

Work every weekend, long commute once a month 3 hours (round trip) to a useless mandatory sales meeting.

Next Day Blinds is awesome!

Next Day Blinds has an amazing chemistry and awesome corporate culture that are truly irreplaceable. They really follow their core values and always push for their customers to be first-in-mind for all efforts. Everything you heard about this company is true - absolutely awesome place to work. There was already a great culture before I joined, and now they are putting even more effort to keeping the great, fun and welcoming culture and making sure it is spread through the entire company. The recruiters here put a lot of resources towards hiring not only talented people, but people that are energetic, enthusiastic and overall great . I am surrounded by fun hard-working people everywhere

Pros

Awesome work environment

Cons

Benefits could be improved, but that's true almost everywhere

Variety is great but long hours to drive home with no pay.

You work all over the surrounding states to Maryland and all throughout Maryland, what sucks is they will have you working in Fredericksburg va 2.5 hours away when you live in Frederick Maryland and you don’t get paid to drive that long way home. Instead of working kinda close to where you live and there is a lot of work all over so it’s very possible. And if the days are routed correctly you could be finished at a decent time daily but that doesn’t happened

Nice work place .

This is my first job as an assembler. I learned here all types of work. I joined job and everything was changed like job title work place work environment . I enjoined my work here i was good assembler , good finisher, and good packager, but I liked most finishing of blinds. Management are very good and co operative. Co employer are also very good as well as teacher. They teach new employer.

Working environment was enjoyable.

Loved working with customers. Too many top managers. Management believes mystery shoppers over their employees. Did shop at homes to bring in extra business and worked with local real estate companies and builders on my own time.

There is no work life balance

A typical day at work would start with a morning conference call followed by following up on any previous customer order leads. There were never any two days alike they would either mostly consist of trouble shooting or consistent sales. The showroom managers remain in the showrooms, while the assistant managers rotate from showroom to showroom this would make things a bit difficult if a manager worked with in a busy showroom. You have to make sure that all of the customers on the floor are taken care of so that no potential sales are lost. Due to the scheduling a healthy work life balance can be rather complicated.

A toxic environment

Bully management - If they don't like you, they will give you a hard time until you quit. People are not accountable for their mistakes. Work here if you want to have stress everyday.

Thought it would be a great opportunity but, it wasn’t

Fro the interview I thought this would be a great place to work. But, back then you don’t get your PTO at one time, you didn’t get any holidays so if you wanted a holiday off you had to use PTO, there were no days off because of the snow so if you lived in a bad area and couldn’t get to work in the blizzard you had to use PTO, the CEO would just walk passed you and no speak even if you said help first. Just not a friendly environment.

Dynamic company

This Company provides Outstanding training But it is a draw plus commission and that can be difficult But they are a reputable company and they stand behind their product 100%

Professional environment with off-site resources

Often at the office by myself Lots of room for professional growth Support from the regional manager Work schedule was rigid-worked every Saturday and Sunday

Not a good work culture

communication is lacking in all areas of the business. management is overworked and have no time to deal with real issues affecting the job. policies completely hinders the job growth.

Pros

good product

Cons

time off is highly discouraged, your pay is affected by other people performance.

Commissions are hard to get

Good training poor pay horrible hours to work for life work balance stores commissions not fairly regulated not integrated hard to achieve real money

Great and productive work environment

I've worked for Next Day Blinds for over 15 years. My job has always evolved and changed with new exciting projects and tasks. There is always a new challenge to tackle and get involved in. There is lot of collaboration between departments that adds to a great team atmosphere. I look forward to going to work every day.

Relaxed Family environment

I guess it all starts at the beginning of the day. Upon entering you are met with many friendly faces all greeting you by first name as you walk through. As the day progresses you learn that you are expected to perform your job on your own. This does not mean that help is not available its actually the opposite. Every one is willing to pitch in and get a job done. This is a fast paced environment that keeps you moving and on your toes. Overall its a wonderful place to work.

Run!

If you'd like to work for a company who could not care less about their employees, apply here! You work 9+ hours a day with no breaks. You are micro-managed even if you have many years of successful experience. They constantly change the job description and communication is poor. They have changed from a sales oriented environment to big box mentality.

Cons

Stressful envionment, poor communication, lack of employee recognition and achievement

Challenging and Rewarding place to work

Fast paced environment where you get to interact with all levels of the organization. The organization provided me with the ability to expand on my skill set, while driving toward company goals. It can be challenging due to changing priorities. The workplace culture has consistently improved - I expect it to continue to do. The leadership team seems to be driving the company in the right direction

One perspective

The company has no work/life balance. The middle management has been stripped of their autonomy and compensation changed. There has been high turnover over the last year as the company has changed leadership in areas from what made the company what it was to a big box brand it wants to be. The company absolutely cares about the external customers and their experiences; however, internal customers are treated poorly and compensated even worse. Benefits are lacking in areas, even the top pay plan.

Pros

Quality product and warranty service

Cons

compensation, upper leadership, poor work environment

Fantastic place to work!

Next Day Blinds is an absolutely fantastic place to work. The work environment is very fun and fast paced. Not a single day is the same and you always feel like you are making an impact in the company. Everyone, up to and including the CEO and the President, makes you feel valued and that your ideas and suggestions are important and always taken into consideration. There is great opportunity for growth, and each person in the company will support you in order to achieve all of your goals. I would recommend NDB to anyone!

Pros

Employees. Fun environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next Day Blinds. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.8
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight