Next Day Blinds Employee Reviews

Positive Work Environment, Engaged Leadership
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 13, 2018
Positive work environment, where most employees seem to genuinely care about the company’s success. Leadership is committed to continuously improving and engaging employees. At previous companies this is something that leadership would talk about, but NDB actually does it.

A lot of new talent has been brought in as the company continues to grow. It makes a difference to work for a company is really committed to making customers happy and creating a high-quality product. Things continue to move in the right direction.

The corporate office space is pretty outdated. But the entire building is being rennovated in 2019, which will be a huge improvement.
Pros
Strong established company, engaged leadership team, competitive pay
Cons
No remote working options, pre-renovation corporate office is outdated
A great place to work (Corp HQ)
Director (Current Employee) –  JessupDecember 13, 2018
Strong core leadership that is aligned on mission, values and corporate strategic objectives. Excellent Human Resources, competitive pay, rewarding work, friendly atmosphere mostly void of politics, and a class A product that everyone can stand behind.
Commission based, very detailed
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 11, 2018
As a store manager I help train employees on product knowledge and selling strategies. The commission was confusing to understand because of the formula that they used. No additional pay for the extra work that needed to be done that didn't involve sales. Every mistake that the assistant manager made would affect my check and every discount so I had to check every order and I got penalized quite a bit for issues that weren't my fault. There is no overtime and there's a set schedule you basically work every weekend and get off at seven in the evening during the week day no time to get a second job will get any overtime
What really matters to them...
Sales (Former Employee) –  DMVNovember 17, 2018
When I first started I was eager to learn, grow, and progress. Which I did in my first year of employment. However, the next 4-5 years I was still in that same spot. When I sought for growth in the half way mark of my time there, I was told by Management, "Be content with your position". From there on out, I didn't have any positive feelings except being grateful to have a job. Recently, when I tried to advance in my career again, I was heartbroken by this company after SACRIFING my time, patience, and energy, for the position I wanted, to be given to outsiderS not even from the industry. That was it for me! Then they wanted to offer a 90 day development plan to improve my skills, which I didn't even entertain. Why, because during my time, year after year, I received awards, recognitions, and great reviews.

What really matters to them, is having a body to file an empty spot, $$$ and percentages, how the company is perceived. Well guess what, PERCEPTION IS NOT ALWAY REALITY!
Pros
I met some amazing people over the phone.
Cons
I never saw 95% of the other employees, inspite of being a phone call away.
Good opportunities for IT
IT (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDSeptember 21, 2018
This has been a good opportunity for learning new technologies. Because it is a small team there is a lot of room for growth and for your voice to be heard. The company's unique nature requires clever solutions so bring your thinking cap. NDB is going through major changes to its infrastructure and it is exciting to see this hard work contribute to the company's increased success.

There is high turnover in parts of the company but from what I see the company makes a lot of bad hiring decisions. Good people tend to stay. A good number of employees have been with NDB since the beginning. Turnover is much lower in the corporate office. The office looks old and shabby but not for long because it will be renovated soon. Health benefits are not great for families. It is better if you are single or your spouse's insurance can cover your family.
Pros
work-life balance, good people, low stress
Cons
benefits, no telecommuting
not very flexible work schedule
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDSeptember 15, 2018
you will work every single weekend and holidays. company cannot seem to find the right people or retain employees. high turnover and management having to always start over gets in the way of company growth
Pros
some autonomy
Cons
If you are desparate apply to this job
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDAugust 15, 2018
Legal sweat shop literally. This place has a high turnover rate for a reason. Unless you are a foreigner that just came to this country I would not recommend this place. Management can't be trusted.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Benefits are not good, No holiday's off
Not a job for the long term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 9, 2018
If you’re looking for a long term job with career advancement, this isn’t the job for you. They have a very high turn over rate (higher than any other place I’ve worked) and you’ll definitely be treated as another number. My manager quit a week after I got hired and the manager hired to take her place had little knowledge about call centers and customer service. He was completely clueless and often made our work more stressful than it already was. The pay is low and benefits are almost nonexistent. They’re relunctant to give you any time off and when we have slow days management won’t allow you to read at your desk or even take out your phone for a quick text. There also needs to be better interdepartmental communication. Specifically between Customer Service and the Tracking Dept. This isn’t the worst job, no, but it’s the one if you’re looking to grow with a company.
Pros
Free lunches on saturdays sometimes
Cons
Low pay, poor management, weird company culture, stinky/dirty office spaces, no parking, little professionalism from supervisors (tracking) and management
Life at NDB
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDMay 21, 2018
High turn overrate. Most people are nice to work with. Very diverse which is great however communication gets lost in translation frequently. Systems are old and slow. Workforce is is mostly older users who are trying to understand and use a mesh of dates and modern technology. A few people do majority of the work and there is a lot of hand holding.
Pros
Free luch. Some times company events.
Cons
High turn over lack of communication and old systems.
Good workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDApril 30, 2018
Good place to work. Very competitive workplace. Management does a great job of taking their employees. People there are very respectful and you will feel like your appreciated.
No love
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MD 20794April 3, 2018
More driving than working so you’ll always be on the road with 30 minutes of work. You don’t get paid for the time it take you to get home no matter what time you get home
Slow to medium pace environment
Store (Retail) Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 13, 2018
Design and layout window treatments for the customers. Matching and placing orders of high volume. Being the store manager my duties was the whole operation o the store. Keep up with the day to day sales with float managers and assistant managers, Make sure orders are out at a certain time and make sure the customer has order is what they wanted and the installers has made the final measurements before sending the order to the corporate office. Deposit all checks and money orders to the bank at the end of day. Going to customers homes for a consult on the window treatments and pre-measure the windows. Not a diverse environment everyone that was a store manager was over the age of forty. I at the time was the youngest and not quite forty yet.
Pros
Getting to work independantly
Cons
no lunch breaks unless you have someone to cover yur store
Productive fun-workplace
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 22, 2018
My time at next day blinds was fun and I would like to go back there for the money and the career. It took a while for me to get into installing blinds but as I got better the more I wanted to install. The joy that I have gained from installing blinds for Next Day Blinds has pushed me into starting my own install company. I've learned a lot from Next Day Blinds such as taking on the responsibility of adding a finishing touch to someones home. Me getting more involved with tools and being a handy man aroud the house has come in handy. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the disrespectful up tight customers that you come across from time to time but you do get those customers that really make your job worth while. I would recommend anyone who is looking for a career and bettering themselves to start here.
Pros
Ability to make good honest money and have a career at making people happy
Cons
Constant pressure to help co-workers out when you finish your shift.
Things were not good match
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDNovember 21, 2017
Ok
Customer is always right,even when they are indeed not!
Have had better
Ok
Their charter concerning customer mistakes( obvious)
Implications and dollars
Check and check out
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Company charter
Time To Go
Time Calculated Freight Driver (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDOctober 25, 2017
In the beginning I was very happy and content at Next Day Blinds. But when management changed, the job became very stressful. Communication was always an issues. Too, many hours on the road.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Too, much time away from my family
good team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jessup MDAugust 26, 2017
Call center, Corporate Office reception, scheduling etc. steady pace environment with peak season in spring and holidays. HQ office works along w 30 showrooms, and 35 sales team consultants who work in the field.........
Pros
good team members
benefits
Ok i guess
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDAugust 21, 2017
If your not management the pay isnt good. Your over worked and requesting time off is frowned upon. My department supervisor is really not a good supervisor. She is a slacker who pretends to work where as i am doing the most of the work. Other managers are pretty cool and try to accommodate the need to take off. The workplace is really a friendly atmosphere. My hours are Tuesday through Saturday and a lot of times on Saturday the managers treat every to lunch. I dont hate it I just cant live off the pay i am receiving and working as hard as i am.
Dont value their employees
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 14, 2017
A plantation! A sweat shop! Torture! The management sucks. The HR department is awful. No room for advancement. A bunch of babies in charge. You will need a psychiatrist if you work there.
Pros
Cons
A million of them
Long Days
Technician Helper (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJune 15, 2017
After arriving at the shop around 530am, we would help the insallation technicians load up the work van with the various stops we had each day. We would leave the shop no later than 730.
It was a fun place.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDMay 23, 2017
Open the store. Wait on customer show then displays and sample books Place a orders answer the phone. Process payment. set appointment the customers to measure for window treatment follow up on previous orders. meeting with the distant manager weekly key holder for the store. Close the store go to the bank for the store. Go to workshop a corporate office for training once a month.
Pros
8 minutes from home
Cons
on saturday we busy I ran the store by my self no lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next Day Blinds. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.5Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight