Next Day Blinds Employee Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDMarch 15, 2019
Fast paced environment where you get to interact with all levels of the organization. The organization provided me with the ability to expand on my skill set, while driving toward company goals. It can be challenging due to changing priorities.

The workplace culture has consistently improved - I expect it to continue to do. The leadership team seems to be driving the company in the right direction
Fantastic place to work!
Corporate employee (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDMarch 4, 2019
Next Day Blinds is an absolutely fantastic place to work. The work environment is very fun and fast paced. Not a single day is the same and you always feel like you are making an impact in the company.

Everyone, up to and including the CEO and the President, makes you feel valued and that your ideas and suggestions are important and always taken into consideration.

There is great opportunity for growth, and each person in the company will support you in order to achieve all of your goals.

I would recommend NDB to anyone!
Pros
Employees. Fun environment.
Pay was very low
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDMarch 3, 2019
Nextdayblinds never started my training a year after working there despite all the promises that they make. The pay is not worth the workload and also don’t get paid for the drive back home even if they send you to ocean city or deleware. Way too much work for a low pay rate. Helper manager is very dishonest. They fire a lot of employees for the smallest things. They tried to make me walk home after I was no longer an employee but thankfully one of their employee offered me a ride home. Now that I know how they operate I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here unless you’re really desperate for a job🤦🏾‍♂️👎🏾
Pros
They give out gifts at times
Cons
Low pay, long hours, and a lot of work
na
SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MD 20794February 22, 2019
working for this company was so nice. i would do it again, they are very flexible and knowledgeable. they taught me a ot and it was just overall a nice experience.
Growing Company with career advancement opportunities
Sales (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 10, 2019
I recently joined the company in Septemeber. I love the core values, I have a great deal of respect for the executive leadership and I have found that I have a voice again when it comes to my career. Associates across the board seem more like family to each other and there is a genuine concern from the top down and bottom up for all. Could be more technology savy and have a more technological tools, BUT I see the company recognizing that as we move forward.

Quality of life AND a thriving career are both important to me. I have found that here at Next Day.
Pros
Positive work environment, career advancement opportunities, caring and fair company
Cons
Not so technology savvy as most companies are, but moving in that direction
ok
Excellent Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 10, 2019
I am only doing this because its required. the supervisors are nice. Courier drivers don't make much. I hear install techs make a lot. Try to be a tech if you want good money.
Fast Pace Enviroment with Opportunity to Advance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 31, 2018
I have been working for Next Day Blinds for over 10 years and I have to say this company really cares about the customer and employee experience. It is great working with people who have integrity and inspire to make the company better. Plenty of opportunities if you are willing to continue to enhance your skill set.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Management, Ceo, Culture
Cons
Some showrooms are a little outdated
Customer Focused Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 31, 2018
NDB is a company that focuses on continuous improvement and company culture. A positive work environment where associate ideas are truly welcome. The Leadership team is collaborative and focused on growth.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Career Growth
Cons
Limited technology
Fun, engaging culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 28, 2018
I have had an opportunity to stretch my career and enjoy working for a specialized company with emerging growth plans The company is small enough to know everyone and I have witnessed numerous occasions where employees step in to help each other.
Pros
Customer focused core values
I was unhappy working for this company.
Showroom Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 19, 2018
As the manager of Next Day Blinds the first year I had a guaranteed salary. The second year I had a base salary plus commission which was ok, however showroom expenses were taken out of the managers pay (rent, BGE, phone, etc). We were paid on what was left Like we owned the business.
Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 19, 2018
The atmosphere at NDB is fun and welcoming! You quickly make friends with your coworkers! Milestones are always recognized. It's fast pace and you're never left bored.
A great place to work (Corp HQ)
Director (Current Employee) –  JessupDecember 13, 2018
Strong core leadership that is aligned on mission, values and corporate strategic objectives. Excellent Human Resources, competitive pay, rewarding work, friendly atmosphere mostly void of politics, and a class A product that everyone can stand behind.
Commission based, very detailed
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 11, 2018
As a store manager I help train employees on product knowledge and selling strategies. The commission was confusing to understand because of the formula that they used. No additional pay for the extra work that needed to be done that didn't involve sales. Every mistake that the assistant manager made would affect my check and every discount so I had to check every order and I got penalized quite a bit for issues that weren't my fault. There is no overtime and there's a set schedule you basically work every weekend and get off at seven in the evening during the week day no time to get a second job will get any overtime
Very difficult to advance and little support for customer service staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 3, 2018
An extremely fast-paced environment and little reward to show for hard work. If a customer complained and posted it to social media, the employee would be fired.
What really matters to them...
Sales (Former Employee) –  DMVNovember 17, 2018
When I first started I was eager to learn, grow, and progress. Which I did in my first year of employment. However, the next 4-5 years I was still in that same spot. When I sought for growth in the half way mark of my time there, I was told by Management, "Be content with your position". From there on out, I didn't have any positive feelings except being grateful to have a job. Recently, when I tried to advance in my career again, I was heartbroken by this company after SACRIFING my time, patience, and energy, for the position I wanted, to be given to outsiderS not even from the industry. That was it for me! Then they wanted to offer a 90 day development plan to improve my skills, which I didn't even entertain. Why, because during my time, year after year, I received awards, recognitions, and great reviews.

What really matters to them, is having a body to file an empty spot, $$$ and percentages, how the company is perceived. Well guess what, PERCEPTION IS NOT ALWAY REALITY!
Pros
I met some amazing people over the phone.
Cons
I never saw 95% of the other employees, inspite of being a phone call away.
Good opportunities for IT
IT (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDSeptember 21, 2018
This has been a good opportunity for learning new technologies. Because it is a small team there is a lot of room for growth and for your voice to be heard. The company's unique nature requires clever solutions so bring your thinking cap. NDB is going through major changes to its infrastructure and it is exciting to see this hard work contribute to the company's increased success.

There is high turnover in parts of the company but from what I see the company makes a lot of bad hiring decisions. Good people tend to stay. A good number of employees have been with NDB since the beginning. Turnover is much lower in the corporate office. The office looks old and shabby but not for long because it will be renovated soon. Health benefits are not great for families. It is better if you are single or your spouse's insurance can cover your family.
Pros
work-life balance, good people, low stress
Cons
benefits, no telecommuting
not very flexible work schedule
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDSeptember 15, 2018
you will work every single weekend and holidays. company cannot seem to find the right people or retain employees. high turnover and management having to always start over gets in the way of company growth
Pros
some autonomy
Cons
If you are desparate apply to this job
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDAugust 15, 2018
Legal sweat shop literally. This place has a high turnover rate for a reason. Unless you are a foreigner that just came to this country I would not recommend this place. Management can't be trusted.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Benefits are not good, No holiday's off
Not a job for the long term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 9, 2018
If you’re looking for a long term job with career advancement, this isn’t the job for you. They have a very high turn over rate (higher than any other place I’ve worked) and you’ll definitely be treated as another number. My manager quit a week after I got hired and the manager hired to take her place had little knowledge about call centers and customer service. He was completely clueless and often made our work more stressful than it already was. The pay is low and benefits are almost nonexistent. They’re relunctant to give you any time off and when we have slow days management won’t allow you to read at your desk or even take out your phone for a quick text. There also needs to be better interdepartmental communication. Specifically between Customer Service and the Tracking Dept. This isn’t the worst job, no, but it’s the one if you’re looking to grow with a company.
Pros
Free lunches on saturdays sometimes
Cons
Low pay, poor management, weird company culture, stinky/dirty office spaces, no parking, little professionalism from supervisors (tracking) and management
Life at NDB
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDMay 21, 2018
High turn overrate. Most people are nice to work with. Very diverse which is great however communication gets lost in translation frequently. Systems are old and slow. Workforce is is mostly older users who are trying to understand and use a mesh of dates and modern technology. A few people do majority of the work and there is a lot of hand holding.
Pros
Free luch. Some times company events.
Cons
High turn over lack of communication and old systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next Day Blinds. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.5Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight