Next Generation Wireless Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 26, 2018
If you like cold calling people to set up appointments. This is the job for you. If you don’t, you may want to look elsewhere.

Some days it’ll be busy. Then you’ll have stretches where nobody comes in the store or if they do it’s just tech issues.

Great job for college students or maybe someone looking for a job right out of college.
Great place to work!
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 16, 2018
If you are looking for great compensation, a varied work experience & a company that's willing to support you, Next Generation Wireless is it.

Make no mistake - it's hard work on the sales floor - but anything worth doing is. I think it's challenging for people who don't have an entrepreneurial mindset. But if you're creative & want to look for opportunities, this is somewhere that will match those results with compensation, contests & great benefits.

I'd also note, NGW is in a space that is complex & always changing - wireless industry sales. But, the leadership team is always looking for better ways of doing things when it comes to the day-to-day process. But they're also constantly discussing & working to improve the company culture.

Applying for NGW was one of the best decisions I have made in my professional career, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in being rewards for the work they put in.
Rewarding
Sales (Current Employee) –  IowaMarch 8, 2018
You can earn a great living at NGW, but you have to work hard in a fast-paced environment to do it which makes it a very rewarding job. I liked the fact that I would get paid more than those who didn't work as hard as I did. You get out what you make of it and I choose to make the most out of it and because I did this I ended up making some great relationships, great money and learned a lot in the process.

It is a great job to get some great experience and learn skills that will help you in wherever your career takes you. There are career advancement opportunities for those who work hard and are open to developing. It takes some patience but it is absolutely possible.

It can be a lot of hours due to short staffing. Management is currently in the process of changing the staffing model for more support in our stores.
Pros
Rewarding, money, advancement, opportunities, leadership, co-workers.
Cons
Hours
Stressful; unenjoyable.
Retail Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IAFebruary 20, 2018
Work/life boundary didn't exist. Constantly being micromanaged even when not at home. There was a lot of favoritism due to relationships and friendships outside of work.
Iowa was a great market Illinois was not
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, ILDecember 20, 2017
Working at the rock falls location was like being in high school. It was after my being there a year a joke. They will let you go and not check into the true reasons why. Be prepared to never see your family, because you will be working way too much. I had never seen the store fully staffed in the time I worked there from 2015-2017. If you can hit the highly unobtainable goals commission is great. I had a baby and was told I would only receive six days paid the rest would be unpaid, they Make you come back because of staffing issues. They cannot keep people employed. They will try to make me seem like a disgruntled employee, but I’m not, they just want to hide the truth.
Horrible!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 19, 2017
Bad environment, no steady schedule, constant backstabbing, being threatened on a weekly basis about your job. They preach a “family” culture, however, they are anything but one. Don’t work here unless it is a last resort. This is coming from a person who made good money there but chose to leave on their own due to the impossible work environment.
Pros
You work inside
Cons
The entire company
Engaging and rewarding
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 28, 2017
Culture is a crucial part of working at Next Generation Wireless. You are given opportunities to get out into the community to engage with customers. Management has always been fair and strive towards success.
Pros
Have improved work/life balance for leadership, fair salary
Cons
Commissions have been cut (by US Cellular). Strong emphasis on new activations.
Good place
retail wireless consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 26, 2017
Didn't love the job but it was a good one and I liked it enough to keep it for a while till I found something better pays well and most of the management team was great
Evolving business with the latest in Wireless industry standards
Freeport, Il - Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILDecember 23, 2015
General tasks of job were: Opening store with daily cash count and bank deposit/change order. Completing daily task requirements. Assisting customers throughout the day with questions and concerns they have. Positioning products and services to sell to potential and existing customers. Outbound cold calling to existing and prospective customers to grow customer base and build traffic for the store. Adhere to policies and guidelines while assisting customers and handling accounts.
Pros
Commision and base pay scale, Business-like environment
Cons
Lack of ommunication between management and associates, lack of opprotunities to advance in company, Policies not being followed properly at times, Improper disipline to address problems in store
A Company Failing to be Progressive
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 30, 2015
The management of this company seems to focused on the wrong items in the workplace. Policies are put into place and then forgotten by management with weeks, and their focus is all over the place. When hired, you are told that they promote within the company. This is far from the truth. Every level of management is hired from outside of the company, individuals with little to no experience with the job. One store went months without a manager, and instead of promoting individuals within the company that showed interest and potential, they waited close to a year and hired from outside of the company to take over this position. This is only a good temporary job. If you are just looking for a job to pay the bills, it is a good place to work, but if you have an interest in climbing the ladder to the top, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Everyday is different, flexible with time off
Cons
no real chance for advancement, poor management
Ready to Earn!
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAMay 9, 2015
Be ready to earn and drive your own business! Much potential to earn unlimited income. Great management, and great people to work along side with!
Worst working experience ever
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 5, 2015
This job was a total and complete joke. I learned nothing working there. Everything about the job was shady. No true leaders.
Great atmosphere. Very positive vibe.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marshalltown, IADecember 8, 2014
- A typical day at work
Serving customers
Getting to know customers
Selling phones, plans, accessories
-What I learned
How to be confident in my self
How to start conversations with customers
How to navigate computer systems
-Management
The management at NGW is terrific
Always willing to help teach workers
-Co-Workers
Fantastic attitudes
Always willing to lend a hand
Great people/communication skills
-Hardest part of job
Going live on the sales floor but that got easier as I did it
-Most enjoyable part of job
My co-workers and customers
Pros
Very happy business
Cons
Working on Sunday
It is what you make it
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar FallsNovember 19, 2014
Knowing that you are never good enough is what the typical day to day is here. If you can get past that, you can make relatively decent money here, depending on your location and drive to work. Typically you handle customer coming in store, selling these customers new phone plans, and pitching a wide array of devices to them as well. There is very little opportunity for advancement, though that may be because the Retail Wireless Consultant stands to (day to day) make more money then their leadership. On the otherside of the day you will work with business's taking care of their accounts and overall, just making sure that you do your best to provide an excellent experience for them.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to meet people, good employees, relatively large amount of travel is possible
Cons
Bad management, High turnover, long hours, low pay
Antiquated and old school management for a new industry
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Typical days include dialing for dollars, bothering your prospects and being forced to push them into products the company can't really support because it has it's workforce divided by daily demand between the retail counter and calls coming in for support on a system that the company is reluctant to pay to upgrade. A constant over promising and under delivering method of sales that effectively ensures that you can never truly build a pipeline and maintain it without the focus on costly new acquisition. The costly new acquisition and inability to focus on quality retention and lack of innovation lead to a justification of low pay and no commission for sales. The hardest part of the job is trying to convince management of customer needs and how to execute and implement changes that will help the organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the doors close behind you on the way home.
Pros
Really pretty emails that are non effective but eye catchy, they bring more opt outs than orders in
Cons
Outdated methods of sales and prospecting, No marketing support, No inbound lead generation or cultivation
Great place of employment and great people to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IASeptember 9, 2013
I was one of the highest tenured employees at next generation wireless. I enjoyed this job because every customer that I interacted with was something different and new. Work days could be very busy and some days could be slower with less traffic. I was always there to help the other associates out and loved to be a team player.