Next Step Health Care

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Fun Kitchen Staff

The staff I worked with in the Lee facility was the best group of coworkers I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. The managers were serious about their work, and cared much about the residents but they also were very laid back with their employees because they knew they could get their job done.

Pros

Free Meals, Fun Kitchen Crew, Mostly laid back management

Cons

Low pay, understaffed

Flexible and rewarding

Next Step came into my life when I needed flexibility and less work load! Since starting I’ve been able to save money and spend time with my little ones. The one to one patient load and the fact that it’s children is better than any hospital I’ve ever worked for. I’m so grateful for the opportunity.

Lack of staff and very stressful job under pay for experience

Amount of staffing wasn't helpful to work for the place made things extra stressful... and the lack of empathy against mental health and rewarding.

Pros

you get to run activities and help people

Cons

not enough staffing, stress / burnout

Great but bad staffing.

I'm not gonna lie I love working their, the main issue we had was that we were always short on Stuff. Cna don't call that they are going to be out.

Learning something new every day

I have enjoyed working for Next Step for the past couple of years. The workload is intense, but it is never boring. There are opportunities for advancement and Upper Management has experience and are willing to teach. I have learned more in the two years at this company than in the four years at the previous one. I was given a good opportunity to lead and was supported when needed.

Pros

Variety of work, Competent management

Cons

Could use more staff like everyone.

Mismanaged/Department Head turnover

Department heads are friendly and helpful but the leaders on the corporate ladder are anything but. No structured on-boarding system, lack of morale, and many delegated tasks with little to no training.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

disorganized.

Happy

From a new grad to a few years under my belt all I can say is I am happy where I am. NextStep is always there for it's employees and happy to provide training for any new comers like myself. Fresh out of college they helped me gain experience and obtain my license. During the pandemic NextStep never failed to provide the support and resources when in need. Long term care is challenging but at least I'm happy.

Pros

Great support and resources

Cons

Long term care is demanding industry

Family oriented atmosphere and positive reinforcement.

There are many opportunities to grow within the organization, upper management has a strong, positive presence. Home/work balance is strongly encouraged. Employee events and support are always available/ happening. Compensation and benefits are competitive. I truly enjoy coming to work every morning. Everyone works very hard but we have fun at the same time. Knowing our residents are cared for and their families are happy with the level of service is a very rewarding experience.

Hands on job.

Hands on job, enjoyed the time I spent with staff. The supervisor didn't mind answering questions nor didn't mind helping if you needed. Drawing blood, learning the correct procedures on how to draw labs. As a cna I never know how to manually BP. But now I love doing everything manually.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Na

Confusion, chaos, disorganization, no support

Horrible place to work. No support, severely understaffed, under paid, poor leadership, no appreciation for hard work and dedication. Don't waste your time.

Pros

Fellow nursing staff members

Cons

The worst place I have ever worked.

Great place to work!

I work with people who are amazing at what they do. A lot of flexibility, support provided at all times, a friendly environment and always giving the opportunity to learn more.

Pros

training and education

Great flexibility and team work.

There are many things great at Next Step Healthcare but what works for me is the flexibility with my schedule and always opportunity to learn new things.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, benefits, time off & pay

lack of coordination

there needs to be more teamwork in these facilities, there always seems to be a problem that goes unfixed, its hard to get things resolved on a timely manor

Pros

alot of shifts avaible

Cons

unsafe conditions

Fun place, but too many chiefs not enough indians

Starts off good, then you notice the turn around is like a revolving door, not enough staff, including nurses and CNA, people leave this place left and right. No room for growth and everyone from corporate treats you like your nothing and they are better. They hire people who do not even fit the job description. Have people that been there since 1979 and still work there same position. Too much gossiping.

Pros

Work schedule

Cons

Corporate nasty attitude.

Management not helpful nor supportive

Poor management from top administration down leads to sub-par workplace ethic in every department. Always short staffed, mandated extra shifts at least twice a month, not compensated by monetary incentive.

Cons

Workload is impossible to accomplish without working during meal "breaks"

Nashua

Organized Layers of regional amd Corperate support Center level staff valued (employee recognition programs ) Invested time and expenses in individual center attributes to set them apart from competitors Elicited inclusion of center leadership allowed for ongoing career growth Active Voice and advocacy on many forums for our Seniors and the continued viability of Quality Care through Federal and State necessary funding

Pros

Location, compensation, center level department heads, Admin Operations / CORP

Cons

Nextstep LLC. Clinical ops turn over, budget cuts to center level clinical staff

Terrible management

Owners should not be in this business. Penny pinchers that will not spendMoney and do not hire enough staff. No raises and no incentive to stay. Because there isn’t enough staff you end up doing twice asMuch work. They also expect you to do things you are not qualified for. They are quick to call out things you do wrong but no praise given when you go above and beyond. They treat their staff poorly.

Pros

Cons

How management treats people

Staffing

They never had adequate staffing. Mandated workers ever shift. Even as per diem you were mandated to stay. Worked through lunch and still deducted half hour out of pay.

Pros

Worked with nice people.

Cons

Not enough staff

Corporate is intuitive.

Great experience!! Everyone was respectful and genuinely interested in the care of the residents. My experience was definitely worth the distance to get to the assignment.

Often would change managers. Co workers come in and go out fast as well. The job just changes to much and now it’s not what it was when I first started. The culture has definitely changed. I don’t feel comfortable there anymore and want to change for myself

None.

I'm thrilled to be part NexStep Healthcare Team. Great team player, and knowledgeable management team. Free stress environment. Opportunity to grow educationally.

Common questions about Next Step Health Care

Answered by current and former employees at Next Step Health Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Next Step Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits