NextCar Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
The job requires to work alot of hours.
Assistant Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJanuary 11, 2018
Typical day: Prepare to greet customers and staff and maintain a professional attitude through out the day.
The most challenging part of job is communication. The benefits are good.
benefits
Cons
communication
This is an awful company to work for
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 1, 2017
This company was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Intentionally under staffed to cut costs which resulted in mandatory overtime. No opportunity for growth, and the management was unresponsive about personal time off requests. Forced to use PTO as sick days even though this wasn against company policy. Zero flexibility in work schedule. They will promise you a lot when you start, but you will quickly learn that none of that is true. Very hostile work environment and forced to drive unsafe damaged vehicles that had expired tags. Save yourself the trouble and don't apply.
Pros
Cons
"Flexible" hours mean mandatory 12 hour shifts
Lead Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 31, 2017
I worked for this company for 2.5 years and learned a lot. It can be very fast-paced, but it is balanced with times that are more relaxed. Duties will include washing and cleaning vehicles, extensive customer interaction, and working as a team with your coworkers. Opportunities for increased pay and promotion are frequent, providing the employee meets the needs of the store, and other stores in the district. I must emphasize that flexibility is an expectation, particularly during holiday seasons and busy rental times/events. This is particularly true during the summer. There is plenty of opportunity to work overtime (the pay is time and a half for hours exceeding 40 per week), and hard work is definitely rewarded. Aside from responsibilities, you get to drive a lot of different cars, some of which are sport cars or high-end vehicles. I also became good friends with my coworkers. Other benefits include health and life insurance, 401k, and paid time off. If you enjoy driving, have a flexible schedule, and have good interpersonal skills, apply.
Pros
Pto, Insurance, fair compensation, friendships with coworkers, commission, opportunity to grow
Cons
being outside in more extreme conditions, disgruntled customers
Not the right job for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 27, 2016
I was selling used cars in the summer heat while wearing dress clothes. The cars were overpriced and the financing options were charging large interest rates. I enjoy making sales and making commissions, but it was hard for me to persuade customers to buy a product that they know is overpriced.
Pros
Basketball hoop in the breakroom
Cons
Hard to make sales
Not good for someone with high energy
Sales & Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2016
When I joined the team I was told that I would be able to make at least 1400.00 per month in commission plus salary which I found out to be untrue.
ok to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 26, 2012
Never felt the communication between management and staff was on the same page